Hyde Park

Talk about Queen's live performances.

Hyde Park

Postby fosterol » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:19 pm

I dont think i have heard a more interesting, yet mistake laden concert by Queen. Lap of the gods, freds piano and brians very iffy k y alive solo for starters. Vocally the concert aint bad n the drummer comes out quite unscathed.
Not their finest moment, esp considering the wonderful rainbow and hammersmith concerts around that time

fosterol
We Will Rock You

Re: Hyde Park

Postby AlexKx » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:05 pm

I don't know but maybe it was their first time playing to such a large audience. Wouldn't it be the last time they played to such a large audience for a number of years until the late 1970's, eh?

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Re: Hyde Park

Postby Chickenfeed Babe » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:58 pm

fosterol wrote:I dont think i have heard a more interesting, yet mistake laden concert by Queen. Lap of the gods, freds piano and brians very iffy k y alive solo for starters. Vocally the concert aint bad n the drummer comes out quite unscathed.
Not their finest moment, esp considering the wonderful rainbow and hammersmith concerts around that time

I generally agree with that. Of all their filmed concerts of the 70's, Hyde Park is the one I'd be least excited about if they ever released it (which of course they won't). Even the cleaned up clip of Sweet Lady from The Making Of ANATO DVD isn't that great. It was by far the biggest crowd they ever played to at the time and maybe nerves got the better of them on this occasion.
AlexKx wrote:I don't know but maybe it was their first time playing to such a large audience. Wouldn't it be the last time they played to such a large audience for a number of years until the late 1970's, eh?

If audience attendance numbers are to be believed there were 150-200,000 people there. The only time they had a bigger crowd (with Freddie) was the Rock In Rio festival in '85 and maybe the final Knebworth gig.

Chickenfeed Babe
Spread Your Wings

Return to Live Killers