Earls Court

Talk about Queen's live performances.

Earls Court

Postby TommasoCampanella » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:05 am

I was doing some researches on concerts made ​​in this place (by the way, I knew it was going to close, and then what happened?) and I found only two, at the end of the tour for ADATR. Can anyone tell me something more?

TommasoCampanella
Spread Your Wings

Re: Earls Court

Postby Action This Day » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:25 pm

Queen did two nights at Earl's Court in 1977 as the last gigs of the ADATR tour. It was only supposed to be one night but ticket demand saw it increased to two. The band debuted the 'Crown' lighting rig at these shows.

Both nights were professionally filmed for a live release which never happened - clips are available on Youtube. I have a DVD of the second night and it's excellent, Roger in particular is on fire. The band perform many songs from each of the five albums they had released up to that point. It's a shame that there is still no official live releases from this period.

Action This Day
We Will Rock You

Re: Earls Court

Postby TommasoCampanella » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:57 am

Action This Day wrote:Queen did two nights at Earl's Court in 1977 as the last gigs of the ADATR tour. It was only supposed to be one night but ticket demand saw it increased to two. The band debuted the 'Crown' lighting rig at these shows.

Both nights were professionally filmed for a live release which never happened - clips are available on Youtube. I have a DVD of the second night and it's excellent, Roger in particular is on fire. The band perform many songs from each of the five albums they had released up to that point. It's a shame that there is still no official live releases from this period.

Thank you!

TommasoCampanella
Spread Your Wings

Return to Live Killers