Live At Wembley DVD 'Friday Night'

Talk about Queen's live performances.

Live At Wembley DVD 'Friday Night'

Postby vinylman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:09 pm

Hello Chums,

Now please bear in mind before you reply that up until very recently I was offline for nearly four years. I've noticed from YouTube that the whole of the Friday Wembley Stadium show (the one I went to) is available. I also see from Amazon UK that there is a 25th Anniversary version of the DVD (plus 2 CDs) that was apparently released in 2011. Unfortunately, the reviews for this on Amazon are exactly the same as the ones for the original version. Does the 2011 version have the complete Friday show, or has the YouTube poster got it from somewhere else?. Thanks in advance.

vinylman
Spread Your Wings

Re: Live At Wembley DVD 'Friday Night'

Postby Simon » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:23 pm

It does! But it doesn't have the Queen Cam feature. So it is definitely worth having both DVD editions.

The Friday show is great, by the way.
"Or you have it, or you don't!"

Simon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Leigh Burne » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:03 pm

vinylman wrote:Hello Chums,

Now please bear in mind before you reply that up until very recently I was offline for nearly four years. I've noticed from YouTube that the whole of the Friday Wembley Stadium show (the one I went to) is available. I also see from Amazon UK that there is a 25th Anniversary version of the DVD (plus 2 CDs) that was apparently released in 2011. Unfortunately, the reviews for this on Amazon are exactly the same as the ones for the original version. Does the 2011 version have the complete Friday show, or has the YouTube poster got it from somewhere else?. Thanks in advance.

As Simon said, the most recent release includes the Friday show.

You definitely picked the wrong night to go along, it was chucking it down on the Friday! :)
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby vinylman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:25 pm

Leigh Burne wrote:
vinylman wrote:Hello Chums,

As Simon said, the most recent release includes the Friday show.

You definitely picked the wrong night to go along, it was chucking it down on the Friday! :)

I wouldn't go as far as 'chucking it down'. Yes, it rained, but it was quite nice. The clips on the first Wembley DVD make it look worse than it was. Thanks both for your replies.

vinylman
Spread Your Wings

Postby Simon » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:08 pm

vinylman wrote:
I wouldn't go as far as 'chucking it down'. Yes, it rained, but it was quite nice. The clips on the first Wembley DVD make it look worse than it was. Thanks both for your replies.

Well, memory is the one thing we can successfully manipulate so it serves our needs :P .

Haven't been there and cannot really argue, I do know though that sometimes, rain on film looks like more than it actually feels. And why concentrate on raindrops touching you, when Freddie is strutting his stuff right in front of you ;).
"Or you have it, or you don't!"

Simon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Loretta » Thu May 01, 2014 12:31 am

Simon wrote:
vinylman wrote:

Well, memory is the one thing we can successfully manipulate so it serves our needs :P .

Haven't been there and cannot really argue, I do know though that sometimes, rain on film looks like more than it actually feels. And why concentrate on raindrops touching you, when Freddie is strutting his stuff right in front of you ;).

I was there, and I have no recollection of it raining at all despite the footage. I remember it raining on the Thursday night, but that's because we were sleeping in the turnstyles, having been there since the morning.

Loretta
We Will Rock You

Postby dimcyril » Thu May 01, 2014 10:08 am

as i recall, it rained a bit on the Saturday too. around the Hammer to Fall Bo Rhap time

dimcyril
Spread Your Wings

Return to Live Killers