Wembley 86 cd

Talk about Queen's live performances.

Wembley 86 cd

Postby davy h » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:10 am

My least favourite live album..screeching overdubs in one vision, lyrics messed up in the world we created, gaps of just the crowd too long , Freddie's voice rough etc...I think this would have been far better if they chose the best performances from both nights

davy h
Spread Your Wings

Re: Wembley 86 cd

Postby Kes » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:57 pm

Then you'd have had the other half of the camp saying how they prefer one gig in it's entirety, to a compilation.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby The__KingOfRhye » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:28 pm

Kes wrote:Then you'd have had the other half of the camp saying how they prefer one gig in it's entirety, to a compilation.

I'd be one of those! Though I once had the thought that I should make sort of an 'ultimate Queen live album' from all the bootlegs I had....realized it would probably sound weird if I didn't edit it together somehow to make it sound like one concert, which I don't know how to do!

Wembley's not my favorite Queen live album (Rainbow, On Fire, and Montreal are all better IMO - haven't heard Odeon yet) but I still like it. Incidentally, I even remember having the Hollywood Records edited one-cassette-tape version....(Tear It Up, Impromptu, Friends Will Be Friends, and all the covers edited out)

The__KingOfRhye
The Show Must Go On

Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?

Postby davy h » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:45 am

Rock Montreal is from both nights, so Wembley could have been done

davy h
Spread Your Wings

Postby Jimi » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:40 pm

The__KingOfRhye wrote:
Kes wrote:Then you'd have had the other half of the camp saying how they prefer one gig in it's entirety, to a compilation.

I'd be one of those! Though I once had the thought that I should make sort of an 'ultimate Queen live album' from all the bootlegs I had....realized it would probably sound weird if I didn't edit it together somehow to make it sound like one concert, which I don't know how to do!

Wembley's not my favorite Queen live album (Rainbow, On Fire, and Montreal are all better IMO - haven't heard Odeon yet) but I still like it. Incidentally, I even remember having the Hollywood Records edited one-cassette-tape version....(Tear It Up, Impromptu, Friends Will Be Friends, and all the covers edited out)

Nice editing to be fair.....

Jimi
Spread Your Wings

Postby theghost22 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:38 pm

After Freddie's death there was a documentary about Queen on TV.
I remember Bob Geldof discussing what Queen should do musically after Freddie's passing,
one comment of many I recall was he said "Queen should find someone (not famous)
just someone off the street that can do the songs justice and have the same range as Freddie".
Please listen and some feedback would be appreciated, thanks in advance. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03ijWf8vTio

theghost22
Spread Your Wings

Postby Leigh Burne » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:07 am

Wembley '86 was the first Queen live album I listened to (in fact I think it might have been the first Queen album I bought with my own money, as opposed to borrowing from my parents) so I've always had a soft spot for it. I'd never say it's their best live album but it probably is my favourite.
"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." — Freddie Mercury

Leigh Burne
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby eiricd » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:15 am

first live album I heard. great memories. the edited vhs always bugged me :)

friday night is better, so it's kind of sad that the second night will forever be the legendary wembley concert

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby Ghery9 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:50 am

I have question about Wembley Show , out of topic :P . Could anyone tell if it was posible from the firs row in the front middle to see Roger Taylor ? I mean the Stage was so high ...

Ghery9
Spread Your Wings

Return to Live Killers