Hyde Park'76

Talk about Queen's live performances.

Hyde Park'76

Postby QueenOfRhye » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:53 pm

I've found some audio clips on youtube of Hyde Park, some of these also contain film from the concert, however my question is Why has this never had an official release?? As so I understand it there were sound quality issues. I know the ones on youtube, the sound isn't the best quality (it does vary according to what one I click on). I don't know if it's 'cause they're recordings from bootlegs. I know the concert was filmed as some have footage of the event. I've got a friend I've asked to see if he can find the complete concert and burn it to a DVD disc, (as he knows how to do it), but he can't find it. I'm sure that maybe the original film/audio footage can be cleaned up and leave the music intact. I've Laurel & Hardy videos where the picture quality has been restored and any audio hiss has been virtually eliminated, and also a recording of Elgar's "Symphony No2 from 1927 (n not a recording I've ever seen comercially available) and to listen to the sound quality on my CD burn, it doesn't sound like a recording from 1927) :cool:.

Regarding Hyde Park it would appear that my only way of obtaining the concert or most of it is to download the vids from youtube , and somehow convert it into a format I can transfer to DVD, (my nephew said it's possible to do this). I guess the problem is for serious Queen fans to obtain many of the legendary performances, we have to obtain bootlegs, That's one reason I'm asking for an official release, as I know members of Queen need never work again, financially speaking but I feel like I'm cheating Brian, John, Roger and Freddies estate from royalties. If I really like/love an artist I like to own bought recordings, for my collection, but like so many of Queen's 70's concerts at the mo I've little choice if I want to try and get every recording. I did hear that Hammersmith '75 could be in the offing for an official release :) :D :cool: , so I hope Brian & Roger will consider Hyde Park & Rainbow '74 amongst others.
BTW does anyone have the set list for Hyde Park & the running order please????
I'm going slightly mad, it finally happened!!!!
What price precious life???? 345 British troops killed & many more seriously injured, how many more mothers without sons, kids without a dad, wives/girlfriends without a husband/boyfriend BRING THEM HOME NOW

QueenOfRhye
Spread Your Wings

Re: Hyde Park'76

Postby M&M » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:03 am

QueenOfRhye wrote:BTW does anyone have the set list for Hyde Park & the running order please????

Lots of concert info, including this set, listing on: http://www.queenlive.ca/

M&M
We Will Rock You

Postby Kes » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:39 am

What do we know about, that's probably good enough, but hasn't had an official DVD release?

Rainbow '74
Hammersmith Odeon '75
Hyde Park '76
Earl's Court '77
Houston '77
Hammersmith '79
Rio '85
Budapest '86

Throw into the mesh a couple of decent Japanese gigs already officially released on laserdisc, and I'm sure you can see why reissuing the currently available ones, is not as good an idea as starting afresh.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby jayw » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:12 am

M&M wrote:
QueenOfRhye wrote:BTW does anyone have the set list for Hyde Park & the running order please????

Lots of concert info, including this set, listing on: http://www.queenlive.ca/

I went to this site and one video led to another...ps 2 hours later I'm back, but I forgot what I was going to say.

A lot of videos I hadn't seen before, and that's saying something...really fun one Works Tour (Rare Live),yep I know it's got nothing to do with Hyde Park...

I wish I had a DVD catalog of every darn concert they've ever done!!!!!

lol...sigh.

jayw
We Will Rock You

Postby Lily of the Valley » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:47 pm

i have just watched the hyde park concert on youtube(for the 4th time :) ) It's such a pitty it does't exsist on DVD.... :-( it's a really great concert , and so are a couple of other concerts, that unfortunatelly, do not exsist on DVD either.... I just hope Brian and Roger will do something about that.....!
PS: sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes guys, I am greek and i don't speak english perfectly yet!

The Black Side :twisted: and the White Side :angel:

LOASA's Most Obsessed Mercurian 2011, Co-Winner with FreddiesShootingStar

Lily of the Valley
Spread Your Wings

"...But that's only onstage. Offstage, well I'm certainly not an ogre" ~ Freddie Mercury

Postby Cool Cat » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:34 pm

Lily of the Valley wrote:i have just watched the hyde park concert on youtube(for the 4th time :) ) It's such a pitty it does't exsist on DVD.... :-( it's a really great concert , and so are a couple of other concerts, that unfortunatelly, do not exsist on DVD either.... I just hope Brian and Roger will do something about that.....!
PS: sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes guys, I am greek and i don't speak english perfectly yet!

You're English looks pretty good to me ;) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Oooh, you're a Cool Cat , Coming on strong with all the chit chat

Cool Cat
Don't Stop Me Now

See Me In The Shadows

Postby Lily of the Valley » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:45 pm

Cool Cat wrote:
Lily of the Valley wrote:i have just watched the hyde park concert on youtube(for the 4th time :) ) It's such a pitty it does't exsist on DVD.... :-( it's a really great concert , and so are a couple of other concerts, that unfortunatelly, do not exsist on DVD either.... I just hope Brian and Roger will do something about that.....!

You're English looks pretty good to me ;) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thank you!

The Black Side :twisted: and the White Side :angel:

LOASA's Most Obsessed Mercurian 2011, Co-Winner with FreddiesShootingStar

Lily of the Valley
Spread Your Wings

"...But that's only onstage. Offstage, well I'm certainly not an ogre" ~ Freddie Mercury

Postby QueenOfRhye » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:38 pm

Yes I agree, I wish it was available, I know there's a few sound quality issues with it , but then again they're only minor. I was given a downloaded DVD of Earls Court '77, and I must admit that the original sound quality, (prob a 3rd or 4th generation copy) was all hiss & hum, enough to think that there was a diesel generator in my room (it played a 30 second snippet), and the cleaned up version is much improved. If this can be done by one guy on a home computer, just think what can be done by Brian & Roger.

Lily Of The Valley I think your English is good :) :mrgreen: .
I'm going slightly mad, it finally happened!!!!
What price precious life???? 345 British troops killed & many more seriously injured, how many more mothers without sons, kids without a dad, wives/girlfriends without a husband/boyfriend BRING THEM HOME NOW

QueenOfRhye
Spread Your Wings

Postby Kes » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:04 pm

I remember hearing something about Earl's Court from the fan-club. Jacky basically said they were looking to release it, but on going through the multi-tracks, they hadn't actually recorded the channel from Freddie's piano-based microphone, and the only place they had his vocal from there, was on the two channels for the post mixing desk stereo feed to the PA.

I'd have thought they could composite something using that, and the vast majority of the rest of the concert, which would have been fine, but still.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Return to Live Killers