Is anyone having issues with logging in?

Want to moan about the forums, here's where to do it
midnight sky

Is anyone having issues with logging in?

Post by midnight sky »

This happens to me often lately, I try to log in, and it says I have an incorrect password. I'm only logged in now because I'm using the incognito tab on my tablet.

Innuendoes
Location: Uh-Oh, We're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Re: Is anyone having issues with logging in?

Post by Innuendoes »

midnight sky wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:38 am This happens to me often lately, I try to log in, and it says I have an incorrect password. I'm only logged in now because I'm using the incognito tab on my tablet.
i am having the exact same problem on my phone. I think the problem is not the board but google because it saved my password then saved other passwords to other sites and was trying to put my email address in as my user ID and most likely my email password rather than the password for this site into the password space. Annoying as all get out. I finally bypassed it by pushing that warning or error message down and put in the correct info and it stopped doing that.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Innuendoes wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:50 am
midnight sky wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:38 am This happens to me often lately, I try to log in, and it says I have an incorrect password. I'm only logged in now because I'm using the incognito tab on my tablet.
i am having the exact same problem on my phone. I think the problem is not the board but google because it saved my password then saved other passwords to other sites and was trying to put my email address in as my user ID and most likely my email password rather than the password for this site into the password space. Annoying as all get out. I finally bypassed it by pushing that warning or error message down and put in the correct info and it stopped doing that.
Seems to be working for me now, here's hoping it keeps working.

FunnyHowLoveIs

Post by FunnyHowLoveIs »

WeeMan said it hadn't been an issue for "WeeMan" but I was locked out with a password I stored and auto filled. Changed the password and am back again.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Elessar wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:09 pm Yes, I’ve had this issue for a few weeks

And if I get the password wrong too many times, I have to use a CAPTCHA verification, and it says it can’t connect. The solution is to try again with Chrome, which seems to work, whereas Safari doesn’t
Same here, but I thought it was just me for some odd reason.
That captcha is a pain in the ass on a small screen :lol: .

Ian-Highlander
Technical Admin

Post by Ian-Highlander »

I've actually just had this problem myself whilst trying to get into the admin panel to fix someone elses account for them which is ironic.

The "solution" (and yes I'm aware it's a ballache) is to click the "Forgotten password" link and go through the password reset process. I have no idea what has happened or why but this seems to resolve the issue and refresh the password hashes.

Innuendoes
Location: Uh-Oh, We're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Post by Innuendoes »

Ian-Highlander wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:12 pm I've actually just had this problem myself whilst trying to get into the admin panel to fix someone elses account for them which is ironic.

The "solution" (and yes I'm aware it's a ballache) is to click the "Forgotten password" link and go through the password reset process. I have no idea what has happened or why but this seems to resolve the issue and refresh the password hashes.
Ian, I've had to do that several times. This is getting tedious and I know it's not your fault. Maybe the answer lies in the admin forums? For me, the problem appears to be google. It has stored passwords to other other sites and it loads one of them (along with my email address which would have been used on all of the sites that passwords are stored on) and it's trying to enter a passwords for one of those sites. At least that's what it looks like. But then 5 minutes later, sometimes, it logs me back out and I have to go right back through it again. Not worth it, hardly. It did not used to do this.

Whatever you can do will be most appreciated even if it doesn't help. :)