Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes: 20

Frank

Re-organization of Forum -- The Voting Booth

Post by Frank »

As most of you are probably aware, several of us have been discussing how to better consolidate and organize the forum layout. Thank you to all of you who have contributed to the conversation, but I want to thank in particular Sir Didymus who was instrumental in moving the conversation forward and drafting what you now see below. Please review and cast your vote. Here's how it will be approved:
  • 80% or higher = approved
  • 10 members minimum must have participated in the poll
  • 14 days minimum voting
Sir Didymus wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:51 pm
  • Modern Times Rock 'N' Roll
    The latest news, products, announcements, and current activities.
  • In the Lap of the Gods
    In depth discussion about the creative output of Freddie, Brian, Roger, and John - 1970-1997.
  • Friends Will Be Friends
    Queen + Adam Lambert, Queen + Paul Rodgers, and all other collaborations keeping the Queen name alive since 1997.
  • Killer Queen
    Light-hearted Queen discussion. Polls, games, and idle chatter.
  • I Want It All
    Are you a Queen collector? Discuss formats, rarities, trading, and more here.
  • Man On The Prowl
    Talk about any solo material and individual activities of the four members of Queen.
  • Spread Your Wings
    Other forms of entertainment. Films, TV, Music, Sport, Theatre, the Arts - you name it. if it ain't Queen, you can talk about it here!
  • Headlong
    Talk current affairs, or just relax and get to know the rest of the board.
  • Teo Torriate
    Members only section - if you'd like to talk about more sensitive issues, or engage in personal chat with one another, this section can only be seen when logged in.
+ Forum Rules and Announcements
+ Feedback
Thanks for taking the time to vote!
Last edited by Frank on Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Wings

Re: Re-organization of Forum -- The Voting Booth

Post by Black Wings »

What Didy suggested is pretty good, in my opinion.
Thank you Didy and Frank for your work and ideas.

Innuendoes
Location: Take you any way you want, Of everything you want to do

Post by Innuendoes »

Excellent, Frank, and thank you!

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

Looks good to me. Especially like the idea of a sub-forum dedicated to news and announcements, as that was the main reason I came to the old boards.

Sir Didymus

Post by Sir Didymus »

Cheers, Frank!

Just to add here what I've said elsewhere... I'd personally see "Modern Times Rock 'N' Roll" as somewhere for official announcements only. The mods and Nick could create (or move) topics into it, but the board members couldn't make them in there - only respond to them. Basically, the word of Queen Productions!

That way it stays for announcements on ALL Queen related topics. That's why there's a split for the other sections. ;)

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Sir Didymus wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:02 pm
Cheers, Frank!

Just to add here what I've said elsewhere... I'd personally see "Modern Times Rock 'N' Roll" as somewhere for official announcements only. The mods and Nick could create (or move) topics into it, but the board members couldn't make them in there - only respond to them. Basically, the word of Queen Productions!

That way it stays for announcements on ALL Queen related topics. That's why there's a split for the other sections. ;)
That would make sense to me. Otherwise I‘m not sure, what this section should really be about. When you talk about merch and collectibles in „I want it all“ and QAL in „Friends will be friends“, then the „Modern Times Rock‘N‘Roll“ section would be pretty much empty and useless.
That’s why I haven’t voted yet.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Nicki wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:26 pm
Sir Didymus wrote:
Cheers, Frank!

That would make sense to me. Otherwise I‘m not sure, what this section should really be about. When you talk about merch and collectibles in „I want it all“ and QAL in „Friends will be friends“, then the „Modern Times Rock‘N‘Roll“ section would be pretty much empty and useless.
Not forever though. Eventually QAL will become old news, possibly sooner than later. And they won't belong in the Modern Times Rock 'N' Roll section anymore.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Frank wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:58 pm
Nicki wrote:
Sir Didymus wrote:
Cheers, Frank!

Not forever though. Eventually QAL will become old news, possibly sooner than later. And they won't belong in the Modern Times Rock 'N' Roll section anymore.
True. It was only an example. What do you think should be discussed or posted in this section? I‘m fine with Sir Didymus‘ suggestion. Otherwise I‘m just not sure, what this part will be about. It doesn’t matter too much, but it’s the first section of the forum and I would try to put there a section with important topics (like announcements) or something, where people like to go to discuss Queen. Until now I‘m just not sure, what that section is supposed to be.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Nicki wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:46 pm
Frank wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:58 pm
Nicki wrote:

True. It was only an example. What do you think should be discussed or posted in this section? I‘m fine with Sir Didymus‘ suggestion. Otherwise I‘m just not sure, what this part will be about. It doesn’t matter too much, but it’s the first section of the forum and I would try to put there a section with important topics (like announcements) or something, where people like to go to discuss Queen. Until now I‘m just not sure, what that section is supposed to be.
It might not be the busiest part of the forum but at least we'll be able to easily find the newest activities being discussed there. For example, it'd be the place to discuss the eventual release of The Miracle box set. Or, in the past, it would have been the place to talk about the movie Bohemian Rhapsody: speculation and first reactions to the film. Come to think of it, it'd probably have been very busy two years ago. And there will more than likely be further releases that will generate interest and be worth posting there. But again, it doesn't need to be the busiest part of the forum. It will serve it's purpose when the time is appropriate.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Frank wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:42 pm

It might not be the busiest part of the forum but at least we'll be able to easily find the newest activities being discussed there. For example, it'd be the place to discuss the eventual release of The Miracle box set. Or, in the past, it would have been the place to talk about the movie Bohemian Rhapsody: speculation and first reactions to the film. Come to think of it, it'd probably have been very busy two years ago. And there will more than likely be further releases that will generate interest and be worth posting there. But again, it doesn't need to be the busiest part of the forum. It will serve it's purpose when the time is appropriate.
I agree with the movie discussion, but that’s over and currently I don’t see a big project looming that we could talk about.
About new box sets: Wouldn’t the discussion about the Miracle Box Set belong into the „I want it all“ section? The announcement would be in the „Modern Times Rock‘N‘Roll“ section. But the discussion as well? THAT‘s the thing, that I‘m curious about and where I‘m not sure, everyone in this forum is talking about the same thing. At least Sir Didymus is telling a different story here than you.
So, what is the real plan? What exactly is the plan for „Modern Times Rock’N’Roll? What am I voting for, if I say „yes“? :?:
Last edited by Nicki on Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.