No
10%

Total votes: 20

Leigh Burne

Re: Re-organization of Forum -- The Voting Booth

Post by Leigh Burne »

Frank wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:58 pm
Not forever though. Eventually QAL will become old news, possibly sooner than later. And they won't belong in the Modern Times Rock 'N' Roll section anymore.
A ton of threads become old news eventually. Doesn't mean they all need to be moved somewhere else.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Nicki wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:52 pm
Frank wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:42 pm

It might not be the busiest part of the forum but at least we'll be able to easily find the newest activities being discussed there. For example, it'd be the place to discuss the eventual release of The Miracle box set. Or, in the past, it would have been the place to talk about the movie Bohemian Rhapsody: speculation and first reactions to the film. Come to think of it, it'd probably have been very busy two years ago. And there will more than likely be further releases that will generate interest and be worth posting there. But again, it doesn't need to be the busiest part of the forum. It will serve it's purpose when the time is appropriate.
I agree with the movie discussion
. But wouldn’t the discussion about the Miracle Box Set belong into the „I want it all“ section? The announcement would be in the „Modern Times Rock‘N‘Roll“ section. But the discussion as well? THAT‘s the thing, that I‘m curious about and where I‘m not sure, everyone in this forum is talking about the same thing. At least Sir Didymus is telling a different story here than you.
So, what is the real plan? What am I voting for, if I say „yes“? :?:
I don't see how we're telling a different story. The "I Want It All" description says "Are you a Queen collector? Discuss formats, rarities, trading, and more here." I do not interpret that as being the place to discuss a new release necessarily. Could it be discussed? Sure. But my guess is it would be moved to the "Modern Times Rock 'N' Roll" section. I've always interpreted the "I Want It All" section as being primarily a place for trading and showing off rarities. It's certainly not the first section I would go (or think of) to talk about new stuff. And that's how it's been for me in the past. I rarely if ever visit that section (I forget what it was called in the old forum). Anyway, the "Modern Times Rock 'N' Roll" section (according to Sir Didymus) would be run by admin/mods. It would be up to them what goes in there. Which is fine with me. It won't make or break the forum.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Leigh Burne wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:57 pm
Frank wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:58 pm
Not forever though. Eventually QAL will become old news, possibly sooner than later. And they won't belong in the Modern Times Rock 'N' Roll section anymore.
A ton of threads become old news eventually. Doesn't mean they all need to be moved somewhere else.
And that's not what I'm saying. I wouldn't expect posts to get moved. I'm only saying that one day QAL will be in the history books and there would be no need to put new posts about them in the MTRNR section.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Frank wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:04 pm
Anyway, the "Modern Times Rock 'N' Roll" section (according to Sir Didymus) would be run by admin/mods. It would be up to them what goes in there. Which is fine with me. It won't make or break the forum.
As I said this would be perfect. But I haven’t heard an admin/mod reply to this (or did I miss that?). Because they must be willing to do that.
And IF members were allowed to discuss the topic in the thread, the mods would need to be fast in creating the topic. Otherwise we just might discuss it somewhere else. ;)

Frank

Post by Frank »

Nicki wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:14 pm
Frank wrote:
Anyway, the "Modern Times Rock 'N' Roll" section (according to Sir Didymus) would be run by admin/mods. It would be up to them what goes in there. Which is fine with me. It won't make or break the forum.
As I said this would be perfect. But I haven’t heard an admin/mod reply to this (or did I miss that?). Because they must be willing to do that.
And IF members were allowed to discuss the topic in the thread, the mods would need to be fast in creating the topic. Otherwise we just might discuss it somewhere else. ;)
Picard gave me the OK to create this topic, so I'm assuming he's on board. But go figure. Would be nice to hear from Sir Didymus or admin, because you do raise a good point. Some clarity would be nice.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

Frank wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:07 pm
And that's not what I'm saying. I wouldn't expect posts to get moved. I'm only saying that one day QAL will be in the history books and there would be no need to put new posts about them in the MTRNR section.
OK.

But what is the issue then?

Frank

Post by Frank »

Leigh Burne wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:27 pm
Frank wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:07 pm
OK.

But what is the issue then?
No issue. I was responding to Nicki. If you're confused, check the conversation.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Frank wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:20 pm
Nicki wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:14 pm
Frank wrote:
Picard gave me the OK to create this topic, so I'm assuming he's on board. But go figure. Would be nice to hear from Sir Didymus or admin, because you do raise a good point. Some clarity would be nice.

My understanding would be that only we could create the threads but everyone could then comment. Won't comment any further as remaining neutral for now.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

@Picard thanks for your reply.

But now I‘m still unsure.
The last announcement was, that the European QAL tour is postponed to next year. I guess, that would be part of the „Modern Times Rock‘N‘Roll“? But then this QAL discussion would happen here as well and not in the „Friends will be friends“ section...

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Nicki wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:03 pm
@Picard thanks for your reply.

But now I‘m still unsure.
The last announcement was, that the European QAL tour is postponed to next year. I guess, that would be part of the „Modern Times Rock‘N‘Roll“? But then this QAL discussion would happen here as well and not in the „Friends will be friends“ section...
Personally I think QAL belongs in whatever the current projects forum will be, assuming the powers that be sanction changes.

It had it's own sub section on the old board in the current section which worked.