Queen with Adam Lambert

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Queen with Adam Lambert

Postby mariamagdalena » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:40 am

What's about the collaboration between Queen now and Adam Lambert?I have heart that news on the radio(in Belgium!).... :D :)

mariamagdalena
Spread Your Wings

Re: Queen with Adam Lambert

Postby TheThinker » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:20 pm

Something I hope never happens, or I shall sell all my entire Queen collection and forget every memory of Queen (even as a life long Queen fan).

TheThinker
Spread Your Wings

Postby BitterTears » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:31 pm

For reals? Feels a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Wouldn't it be wiser to (if it happens, which it probably won't) check it out and if you don't like it then just ignore anything else they do?

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby J Starbuck88 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:05 pm

I've said this once I'll say it again GET JEFF SCOTT SOTO ON VOCALS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yob0Wpgcxns
My make up maybe flaking but my smile still stays on

J Starbuck88
Spread Your Wings

Is this A Kind of Magic? or does The Show Go On

Postby davy h » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:19 pm

jeff is most defo the man for the job, he knows the whole cataloge not just the hits, the medleys he does in that dvd are way better than even QUEEN did at their best

davy h
Spread Your Wings

Postby eiricd » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:21 pm

in early 2009 JSS said that there "were some things on the table" when was asked about working with brian and roger

I don't like the idea of "Queen" working again with YET another singer - cause it will look like a joke, certainly if the guy sining is a karaoke runner up young enough to be bri and rog's grandson.
sadly, it's not my decision...

but JSS knows the entire catalouge in and out - and he certainly has a good set of pipes

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby inu-liger » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:08 am

And I've said this before too...there will NEVER be a Queen + JSS collaboration again, live or otherwise. JSS' vocal style, while indeed wide and powerful, is just too bloody stiff to reach the required dynamics and tonality suited for the Queen catalogue in a proper official Queen setting.

inu-liger
The Show Must Go On

Postby Loris1985 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:10 pm

The Italian newspaper L'Arena, from Verona, states that Queen and Adam Lambert could make a show at the suggestive location "Arena of Verona", in Italy, next summer, exactly on 23 July 2012.

This is the Italian link:

http://www.larena.it/stories/Cultura_e_ ... refresh_ce

Loris1985
Spread Your Wings

Postby QueenForaDay » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:57 pm

They have said several times and Adam Lambert has said several times that Queen is not looking for a permanent replacement but guest singers here and there for occasions separate from the cover band. It appears no one actually reads or listens to their interviews but just listens to these little snippets that don't tell the whole story.
A troll by any other name is still a troll - Daniel Anton Zaninovich, CA

QueenForaDay
Spread Your Wings

Postby eiricd » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:50 pm

saw an article yesterday (can't be arsed to find it again) about lambert after the mtv thing. and there were several interesting quotes. 2 of which went something like this

1: we will perform together again (= there will be dates. hilarious)
2: "after I got the Queen gig" - so, he now considers himself as the new singer with Queen. (also hilarious)

what a wonderful way to end the brand name Queen; go on tour and be the back up band for a karaoke runner up who will be the main focus of the whole thing. can't wait for the "although rodgers isn't camp and falmboyant like mercury..." quotes to be replaced by " american idol contestant lambert is just as gay and flamboyant as mercury was, and he is just as tall as brian may, whose trademark curly hair has now gone white"

wonderful guys. just wonderful. by pushing this putton, you turn the band into journey; the irreplacable lead singer, whose replacement, will now be replaced by yet another replacement.
superb stuff. really

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby soxtalon » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:39 pm

To paraphrase..."It's just a bloody tour..."

I mean seriously...everybody gets so disgusted by it...If you don't like the idea or like the singer in question so much...don't go. It's simple. But what isn't simple is the fact that this in no way ruins the band or it's legacy. NO matter WHAT happens...nothing is going to replace, tarnish, or in any way denigrate what Queen was from 1970-1991 (or 95 or even through 99 depending on your views of MIH and NOBY).

All this is are two musicians who have spent much of their life together and enjoy each other's company and playing music together, deciding that they don't want to sit around doing nothing. They want to play songs from the catalogue they were heavily involved in creating but they don't feel they can front a whole concert so they have other people singing. Let's face it. No one they choose will please everyone. So with ALL that in mind...what's the answer? They aren't going to not do anything. They aren't going to do a concert with just themselves. So what's the answer?

And as far as Adam goes...I'm pro-Adam I admit. I think he has a great voice. He's nowhere near Freddie but he's still a good voice and a good performer. I can absolutely understand him not appealing to everyone but to say he's not talented is just ludicrous. Furthermore...the whole anti-AI/X-Factor thing is stupid as well. Again I agree that the shows are stupid and not artistic, and not a good way to judge true artistic merit. BUT just because a person was on that show doesn't mean the person is NOT talented.

Again If Q+Adam does play anwhere close to me (I'd say anywhere in the Eastern US) I'd be there in the front row. I'm just happy to see Brian and Roger play the songs I love to hear.

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby M&M » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:33 am

I had a conversation at work with a few non-Queen fans awhile back, one of which likes Adam Lambert and American Idol. It was he, in fact, that said exactly what Eiricd said. And the others pretty much agreed (as do I).

As for how Lambert really feels: “We will definitely perform together again,” said Lambert. “Standing in for Freddie feels natural for me.” (source: http://www.thedeadbolt.com/1003023848-a ... again.html)

When I read something like that, I have fantasies of Brian May calling him up and telling him to just fuck off, however, I know that Adam Lambert is probably the one pulling the strings here so something will probably happen if he wants it to. And I will hibernate at the first sign of it and re-emerge when I know it is safe!

M&M
We Will Rock You

Postby fairydandy » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:27 am

It's incredible that after all of my opposition on here to Paul Rodgers, here we are a few years later and now many others are getting on the same (opposition) bus....just as I decided it was time to get off!

I also note with interest that Brian May himself has recently said that it's 'not Queen'....so after all of that heartache and abuse that I had to take on here for opposing the use of the name, I was right all along. :roll:

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby eiricd » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:27 pm

fairydandy wrote:It's incredible that after all of my opposition on here to Paul Rodgers, here we are a few years later and now many others are getting on the same (opposition) bus....just as I decided it was time to get off!

I also note with interest that Brian May himself has recently said that it's 'not Queen'....so after all of that heartache and abuse that I had to take on here for opposing the use of the name, I was right all along. :roll:

my opposition is two folded;

1: go on the road as Queen with lead singer # 3
2: that the lead singer in question is famous because he was in a karaoke competition which happens to be on prime time tv i america

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby TheThinker » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:11 pm

M&M wrote:As for how Lambert really feels: “We will definitely perform together again,” said Lambert. “Standing in for Freddie feels natural for me.” (source: http://www.thedeadbolt.com/1003023848-a ... again.html)

When I read something like that, I have fantasies of Brian May calling him up and telling him to just fuck off....!

I think this would be more appropriate:

I would love to see Brian and Roger perform again, but not with Paul Rodgers as his voice never fits with Queen, I never supported that idea originally either, nor bought any of the records/DVDs/tickets during that time or period and neither will those ever be in my collection. Even though it was a bad move it did bring Brian and Roger back on stage, considering the history and public animosity between Paul with both Brian and Roger which was made public I wish that doesn’t happen again. Also Queen did more for Paul Rodgers than what he was worth.

I definitely do not want a runner up from reality show. I beg to differ as regards the talent as I have seen better impressionists. Queen are one of the greatest band of all time therefore Queen+ Adam Lambert would be a laughing proposition, even if it is aggressively brainwashed to the media as is Bruce Gowers wont and has been for a while. I shall even suggest maybe it’s an internal affair thing? Businesswise Queen do not need America and I recall Freddie’s stance on this especially during the height of censorship and blacklisting. It took them years of reforms for acceptance and recognition and now they want to exploit the market with monopolisation and control.

Let’s hope they come up with other names from the hat….

TheThinker
Spread Your Wings

Next

Return to Dear Friends