Queen with Adam Lambert

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Re: Queen with Adam Lambert

Postby dee87 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:24 pm

icy wrote:Hmm, about the no dates.
Does Adam realise there was more to Freddie than his mustache and accent? Why not speak about the lyrics, the fans, but to focus on those 2 things, and what he is going to wear :roll:.

He said his focus is on the songs and being respectful of freddie rather than focusing on being a mimic, who try to sing freddie's songs and who's main attire for the evening is a mustache!! If you got out of that article what you just did all your trying to find is negativity.

He likes to dress up, have an outfit, just like freddie did. There's nothing wrong with that.

dee87
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:39 pm

dee87 wrote:
Does Adam realise there was more to Freddie than his mustache and accent? Why not speak about the lyrics, the fans, but to focus on those 2 things, and what he is going to wear :roll:.

He said his focus is on the songs and being respectful of freddie rather than focusing on being a mimic, who try to sing freddie's songs and who's main attire for the evening is a mustache!! If you got out of that article what you just did all your trying to find is negativity.

He likes to dress up, have an outfit, just like freddie did. There's nothing wrong with that.

I admit I am negative, just because of where the show will be held, and the hypocrisy of Brian and Roger. I try hard not to flame Adam as a person, because as I've said often, I like him. I liked what he had to say about his own music. To be honest, if anything, I would have liked to have read more about it, not about him trying to copy Freddie, we all know that is impossible,the mustache and the outfit.
Nothing wrong with dressing up, my beloved Elton/Bowie was known for that, so that is not an issue :P.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby dee87 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:52 pm

icy wrote:
dee87 wrote:

I admit I am negative, just because of where the show will be held, and the hypocrisy of Brian and Roger. I try hard not to flame Adam as a person, because as I've said often, I like him. I liked what he had to say about his own music. To be honest, if anything, I would have liked to have read more about it, not about him trying to copy Freddie, we all know that is impossible,the mustache and the outfit.

The only way to know more about what to know about is to ask him about it, send him a question when he is doing a radio interview. The only reason he talked about the mustache and english accent is because intervewer's always ask him will he try and mimic freddie. If you had a chance to ask him a few Q's what would they be.

dee87
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:03 pm

I dare say he was compared to Freddie even before this news broke, in fact I've read it many times. I hope he will do his own thing at the concerts, but that will be a double edged sword in itself. I know I didn't like the recent Awards show, but I would have found it so much worse if he tried to copy Freddie.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby dee87 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:15 pm

icy wrote:I dare say he was compared to Freddie even before this news broke, in fact I've read it many times. I hope he will do his own thing at the concerts, but that will be a double edged sword in itself. I know I didn't like the recent Awards show, but I would have found it so much worse if he tried to copy Freddie.

No fear of that. I hope that it goes well and that it is good enough so that people can respect his performances for what they are and not compare to freddie's. They are both talented singers and performers and both unique. I know you personally didn't like the EMA's but it was the best performance of the night. Made lady gaga, LMFAO and jb and katy perry look like children.

dee87
Spread Your Wings

Postby eiricd » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:54 pm

dee87 wrote:
icy wrote:I dare say he was compared to Freddie even before this news broke, in fact I've read it many times. I hope he will do his own thing at the concerts, but that will be a double edged sword in itself. I know I didn't like the recent Awards show, but I would have found it so much worse if he tried to copy Freddie.

No fear of that. I hope that it goes well and that it is good enough so that people can respect his performances for what they are and not compare to freddie's. They are both talented singers and performers and both unique. I know you personally didn't like the EMA's but it was the best performance of the night. Made lady gaga, LMFAO and jb and katy perry look like children.

you need to wake and smell the coffee. the others you mentioned are children.

to label the mtv thing as a triumph would be the same as barcelona calling a 2-1 victory over notingham forest in a charity match an enormous success
(no offence to any forest fans...)

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby dee87 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:17 pm

eiricd wrote:
dee87 wrote:

you need to wake and smell the coffee. the others you mentioned are children.

to label the mtv thing as a triumph would be the same as barcelona calling a 2-1 victory over notingham forest in a charity match an enormous success
(no offence to any forest fans...)

The acts I mentioned are the most popular in the world right now among the young people (whether we like it or not). Queen's performance reminded them hopefully of what great music really is and a lot of young people went out and bought Queen's music after seeing it. You come across as being very ignorant and snide and I will not respond to you further.

dee87
Spread Your Wings

Postby eiricd » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:46 pm

The acts I mentioned are the most popular in the world right now among the young people (whether we like it or not). Queen's performance reminded them hopefully of what great music really is and a lot of young people went out and bought Queen's music after seeing it. You come across as being very ignorant and snide and I will not respond to you further.[/quote]

that's nice, stick you head in the sand. I suggest you talk to someone who worships karaoke kid and where negativity doesn't enter the equation.

see my last post - to steal the show on the bill of the mtv thing is nothing. the other acts are popular, yes, but it doesn't mean they are any good.

to steal to show on live aid, where there were other giants on the bill - that's a different ball game.

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby Avradoorn » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:20 pm

eiricd wrote:to label the mtv thing as a triumph would be the same as barcelona calling a 2-1 victory over notingham forest in a charity match an enormous success (no offence to any forest fans...)

Hoi! (My other favourite Brian was Mr Clough...) :P
Ride the night to the morning sun, Resurrection's gonna come...

Avradoorn
Spread Your Wings

Pocket full of sixpences, sing a song of Rhye!

Postby magsmagenta » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:03 pm

The problem with reading those type of articles is that they take quotes from their original source and recycle them often with a bias towards what the writer wants to focus on in an interview.

Those quotes were taken from a video interview Adam did for a radio station a couple of days ago but it's quite difficult to track them down from that article, and then it's tricky to get them to play properly. When you do see the video you see that an in depth discussion of Queen lyrics would have been inappropriate as it was a very light hearted discussion mainly about Adams music as well as a bit of fooling around with the interviewer. Queen was just mentioned as a side issue, and a lot of the questions came from the fans who had managed to get tickets to the event.

If you want to see the real context of the comments you have to watch the videos, and even I have found that difficult because they keep cutting out on me before the end which is very frustrating.

http://www.1075theriver.com/iplaylist/a ... 615/?_show
http://www.1075theriver.com/player/?mid=21896145
http://www.1075theriver.com/player/?mid=21896155

I'm pretty sure that Adam knows there was much more to Freddie than his accent and his 'tash but it would have been inappropriate to discuss that in depth in those surroundings.

I've been one of the News Gatherers for the Lambrits Daily News page for a couple of years now and it quickly became obvious that the majority of articles written about an event are generally recycled comments from interviews in other publications and it's always wise to track down the original interview to get the full picture. Even then writers often skew the answers to suit themselves and make things more exiting and controversial than they are, so the best interviews are generally on video so the context is totally clear.

magsmagenta
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:27 pm

Thanks for those links, I will be sure to watch it when I can.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby magsmagenta » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:11 am

icy wrote:Thanks for those links, I will be sure to watch it when I can.

They still haven't fixed them properly so I hope you have better luck than I'm getting.

magsmagenta
Spread Your Wings

Postby magsmagenta » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:21 am

icy wrote:Thanks for those links, I will be sure to watch it when I can.

I just found a couple that might be more relevant to you, they are just snippets but I hope they put up the full interview soon.

http://www.thebigdc.com/player/?mid=21902810 Adam Lambert talks Freddie Mercury

http://www.thebigdc.com/player/?mid=21902782 Adam Lambert Discovers Queen

http://www.thebigdc.com/main.html

I noticed that this is a more Rock orientated station so their listeners would be more likely to 'Get' it.

magsmagenta
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:54 am

Thanks again, it might be the weekend before I can listen fully, but I appreciate it.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby CNB » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:17 pm

Since Adam's new album, "Trespassing," isn't out yet but his single, "Better Than I Know Myself" is out, I thought I'd post this link to an acoustic version that he sang during a promotional appearance in Connecticut this week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-o1Y9xo ... e=youtu.be
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

PreviousNext

Return to Dear Friends