Queen with Adam Lambert

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Re: Queen with Adam Lambert

Postby icy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:20 pm

medusa wrote:As for the gay bashing of Lambert, ofcourse it is totally evil to hate on anyone for anything, but let us not make it bigger that it actually is, because it is very isolated, infact, as i had searched and searched for anything against him before this one instance was given as proof.
Let us judge him by his voice of wailing doom that makes a mockery of Queen's music , and not give any room for favouritism based upon irrelevant factors.

It's is indeed a big issue, I am sad to say it always has been and I dare say it always will be. You must not have looked very hard if you could not find the hate some people have for Adam, everything from his sexuality to his fashion sense.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby icy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:45 pm

minimin wrote:
icy wrote:The board is big enough for everyone, so please don't go back to lurking. You are very welcome here, don't let the upset of others(myself included, I am one of the most vocal not pleased with it, so I am starting to feel guilty now :oops: ) put you off from posting.

Oh Gosh no, you haven't put me off at all, in fact I really like reading your posts.

OK, I'll flail a little. I've been a Queen fan for 30 years. I became an Adam fan partly because he reminded me of Freddie* with his amazing voice, insane charisma and flambouyant showmanship. I saw Queen when Freddie was still alive and Adam is the first person I've actively wanted to see given a shot at fronting a show or two.

I understand that many people think Queen died with Freddie, but I always loved everything about Queen including all four members of the band and their amazing music. I want to be in a crowd with those songs again. I want to hear them from a singer who can get all of the notes and put on a show. I want to worship the guitar God that is Brian May and for Brian and Roger to be able to continue doing something they still obviously enjoy.

*OFC, for me Freddie is better in all of those fields, his voice is even more amazing, his charisma even more insane and his showmanship unparallelld - but then he trumps everybody in the world ever on all of those fronts. Adam is the first person I think could do him real justice.

OK was that too glamberty? That is why I'll probably stick to lurking :P

Aww thank you.
When I watched Adam on AI, he made me think of Freddie too, and was pleased to see him make it so far on the show. That was one of my favorite seasons, I no longer watch the show at all.
I understand your feelings about Queen/Brian/Roger, a year or 2 ago, I would have travelled to see them play even at the musical if that was possible.
I have many conflicting thoughts on Brian and Roger these days, I would lie if I were to post I am happy with everything they do these days. I hope they never lose the passion for the music, that would be a shame. This isn't the way I had thoughts of Brian and Roger at nearing the end of their career.
I am also an Adam fan, not as big as some of you, For Your Entertainment, could have been done by Madonna, Kylie, but it's great with a male perspective, and even more greater from Adam. That still remains one of my favorite pop songs of the last few years.
Everyone is welcome here, as I've said elsewhere I doubt any of us hate Adam, even if we are not too happy about this latest venture.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Robin » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:47 pm

medusa wrote:As for the gay bashing of Lambert, ofcourse it is totally evil to hate on anyone for anything, but let us not make it bigger that it actually is, because it is very isolated, infact, as i had searched and searched for anything against him before this one instance was given as proof.
Let us judge him by his voice of wailing doom that makes a mockery of Queen's music , and not give any room for favouritism based upon irrelevant factors.

I agree with you, actually. Homophobic bashing of Adam has nothing to do with the Q+AL collab. Funny though-- I hadn't actually seen anyone here talking about this irrelevant topic until you brought it up :)

And re your point that Adam doesn't garner actual interest or have much cred as an artist because he doesn't have negative YTs-- Now that you've posted your 2 vids, that's no longer true, yeah? ;-) So thanks!

Robin
Spread Your Wings

Postby minimin » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:58 pm

No, it is not isolated and no matter how many times you say that, it still won't be true.

I also agree with the other posters that homophobia has very little to do with the negative reactions to this project, especially amongst actual Queen fans, but I posted the article at your insistance that it is nonexistant.

minimin
Spread Your Wings

Postby minimin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:17 am

icy wrote:Aww thank you.
When I watched Adam on AI, he made me think of Freddie too, and was pleased to see him make it so far on the show. That was one of my favorite seasons, I no longer watch the show at all.
I understand your feelings about Queen/Brian/Roger, a year or 2 ago, I would have travelled to see them play even at the musical if that was possible.
I have many conflicting thoughts on Brian and Roger these days, I would lie if I were to post I am happy with everything they do these days. I hope they never lose the passion for the music, that would be a shame. This isn't the way I had thoughts of Brian and Roger at nearing the end of their career.
I am also an Adam fan, not as big as some of you, For Your Entertainment, could have been done by Madonna, Kylie, but it's great with a male perspective, and even more greater from Adam. That still remains one of my favorite pop songs of the last few years.
Everyone is welcome here, as I've said elsewhere I doubt any of us hate Adam, even if we are not too happy about this latest venture.

I've never watched a season of AI before Adam's season, but somebody told me about his Ring of Fire performance, I got curious, which made me even more curious and I was hooked.

Most Glamberts are actually a lot smarter than the 'anti sparkle-cow' propagandists would have you believe. We can usually tell the difference between people who simply don't rate Adam or don't think this is a good move for Bryan and Roger and straight up haters or homophobes and it is the latter we get 'defensive' over, not the former. I actually have a Queen fan in my own house who straight up refuses to come to Sonisphere with me. He thinks Queen died with Freddie and doesn't want to see the remaining members performing with anybody.

minimin
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:39 am

minimin wrote:
icy wrote:Aww thank you.

I've never watched a season of AI before Adam's season, but somebody told me about his Ring of Fire performance, I got curious, which made me even more curious and I was hooked.

Most Glamberts are actually a lot smarter than the 'anti sparkle-cow' propagandists would have you believe. We can usually tell the difference between people who simply don't rate Adam or don't think this is a good move for Bryan and Roger and straight up haters or homophobes and it is the latter we get 'defensive' over, not the former. I actually have a Queen fan in my own house who straight up refuses to come to Sonisphere with me. He thinks Queen died with Freddie and doesn't want to see the remaining members performing with anybody.

I have to admit I don't think this is a good move for Brian and Roger, I find it very hypocritical from the both of them. And the fact it is going to be held at Knebworth upsets me, Knebworth is very important to most fans of Queen. I don't want Brian and Roger to call it a day, far from it, but it's not a good idea with Adam at Knebworth. I still worry about the reaction Adam may get, flying bottles are one thing, the things I've read online are scary indeed. I do hope you have a good time at the show, my upset is for Adam fans, it will never be. Gosh knows the man needs all the support he can get, and if you and the other Adam fans who post here are anything to go by, you are a great bunch of people indeed :bigups:.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby magsmagenta » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:51 am

CNB wrote:I can't remember on which thread there was a video of Meatloaf praising Adam soon after Adam was discovered on American Idol. Here is a newer comment from Meatloaf who speaks about Adam's "overdrive." I believe he was being asked about Amy Winehouse and Whitney Houston. There were many Queen fans who thought that Adam's performance at the EMA's in Belfast was forced and/or over the top. Maybe what Meatloaf says in this brief clip will give you a different perspective on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2TS9d0kEq8

A music critic once said they thought that Adam has three lungs because he has so much power in his vocals!

I can help out there, I dug these two You-Tubes out the other day because we were discussing this on the Lambrits site:

magsmagenta
Spread Your Wings

Postby YAFF » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:09 am

magsmagenta wrote:
CNB wrote:I can't remember on which thread there was a video of Meatloaf praising Adam soon after Adam was discovered on American Idol. Here is a newer comment from Meatloaf who speaks about Adam's "overdrive." ]

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. What does that change? I'll keep my own opinion chump.
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby minimin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:41 am

icy wrote:
I have to admit I don't think this is a good move for Brian and Roger, I find it very hypocritical from the both of them. And the fact it is going to be held at Knebworth upsets me, Knebworth is very important to most fans of Queen. I don't want Brian and Roger to call it a day, far from it, but it's not a good idea with Adam at Knebworth. I still worry about the reaction Adam may get, flying bottles are one thing, the things I've read online are scary indeed. I do hope you have a good time at the show, my upset is for Adam fans, it will never be. Gosh knows the man needs all the support he can get, and if you and the other Adam fans who post here are anything to go by, you are a great bunch of people indeed :bigups:.

I sort of wish it was somewhere else too. I can see why Brian and Roger would jump at the chance to play there again, but I also appreciate that it is almost sacrilegious to some.

I'm less worried about the reaction from the Sonisphere crowd than others. Perhaps I have my 'fangirl' goggles on, but I just can't fathom a British audience being anything other than love when any member of Queen is stood before them. I was way more worried when Adam played Maxidrom in Russia last year, there were all sorts of threats for that one - metal fans and glamberts were going to fight, far right and liberals lefties were going to fight, Adam and the band were going to be bottled off the stage etc. They even had military pressence to handle the bedlam!

What actually went down was a bunch of glamberts waved hearts and let off balloons and many of the metal heads were pleasantly surprised by Adam. Granted he tailored his set to include more classic rock and less frothy pop but all in all it was a pleasant experience for all.

not going to lie though, if there was a hostile reaction at sonisphere, I'd be absolutely gutted!
Last edited by minimin on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

minimin
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:52 am

minimin wrote:
icy wrote:

I sort of wish it was somewhere else too. I can see why Brian and Roger would jump at the chance to play there again, but I also appreciate that it is almost sacrilegious to some.

I'm less worried about the reaction from the Sonisphere crowd than others. Perhaps I have my 'fangirl' goggles on, but I just can't fathom a British audience being anything other than love when any member of Queen is stood before them. I was way more worried when Adam played Maxidrom in Russia last year, there were all sorts of threats for that one - metal fans and glamberts were going to fight, far right and liberals lefties were going to fight, Adam and the band were going to be bottled off the stage etc. They even had military pressence to handle the bedlam!

What actually went down was a bunch of glamberts waved hearts and let off balloons and many of the metal heads were pleasantly surprised by Adam. Granted he tailored his set to include more classic rock and less frothy pop but all in all it was a pleasant experience for all.

not going to lie though, if there was a hostile reaction at sonisphere, I'd be absolutely gutted!

I wouldn't have an issue if it was just Brian and Roger at Knebworth. What I am saying about Adam just might make it look like I hate the guy, and I don't hate him. I like him, and am a fan despite the qualms I have of him lately. Maybe I will end up surprised by him, I am not there yet.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby magsmagenta » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:08 am

YAFF wrote:
magsmagenta wrote:
CNB wrote:I can't remember on which thread there was a video of Meatloaf praising Adam soon after Adam was discovered on American Idol. Here is a newer comment from Meatloaf who speaks about Adam's "overdrive." ]

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. What does that change? I'll keep my own opinion chump.

That's fine I was just trying to be helpful seeing as I knew where to find the vids. I think Meat's entitled to his opinion too.

magsmagenta
Spread Your Wings

Postby medusa » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:42 am

minimin wrote:

No, it is not isolated and no matter how many times you say that, it still won't be true.

I also agree with the other posters that homophobia has very little to do with the negative reactions to this project, especially amongst actual Queen fans, but I posted the article at your insistance that it is nonexistant.

Well i am sure he is rich and popular enough that he dont give a *******about such crap. And as to the other point "negative reactions to this project"
The reason for that is because HE IS CRAP
It's Challenging the Doors Of Time

medusa
We Will Rock You

Postby JLP » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:59 am

If people suspect that homophobic stuff is being posted can they please alert us via the report function or via PM rather than raising it on the forums.

Thanks
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby dee87 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:39 am

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... 18wxIFzmnk

Adam says he'll do a lot of rehearsing with the band before those shows. "I've got my work cut out for me," he says. "I know the songs, but I don't know them all by heart, so I'm going to have to practice. But it's going to totally fun. I'm going to learn a lot from it, I think."

Adam doesn't look at his role in the shows as replacing Mercury.

"I'm there to sing music that he and the band wrote," he says. "It's not about imitation. It's not about doing an impression. It's, like, doing it my way in a way that, in my head, he would like. And Brian (May) and Roger (Taylor) are there to give me the green light or the red light."

Nor will he being trying to mimic Mercury.

"I'm not a mimicker," he says. "I'm my own artist. But he has inspired me. Hopefully, it will come from a deep, organic place. But I'm not growing a mustache. I won't be singing the songs with a British accent. ... I don't want to disrespect his memory and his legacy by getting up there and goofing on it."

Plus, he adds, "I can't wait to find out what my outfit is."

dee87
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:12 pm

Hmm, about the no dates.
Does Adam realise there was more to Freddie than his mustache and accent? Why not speak about the lyrics, the fans, but to focus on those 2 things, and what he is going to wear :roll:.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

PreviousNext

Return to Dear Friends