Queen with Adam Lambert

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Re: Queen with Adam Lambert

Postby icy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:29 am

Nope, I did whip bigV earlier, but it was done with love :lol:.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 17034
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: . Don't forget to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 281 times
Been thanked: 601 times

Re: Queen with Adam Lambert

Postby bigV » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:30 am

icy wrote:Nope, I did whip bigV earlier, but it was done with love :lol:.


It was? :dontgetit:

It was...

V.
 
bigV
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Is this the life we really want?

      
 
Posts: 2647
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:30 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Queen with Adam Lambert

Postby medusa » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:31 am

Just been watching some Adam Lambert videos, and i see he is very good when talking to his audience, really goes at them talks straight into the the audience and chats and makes lots of small talk, he isnt shy at all , reminded a bit of how Freddie was . Made me think if only he didnt sound like he does, which is the worst voice i have ever heard.
There is not one negative video on the whole of youtube about about Adam Lambert, except the two i have made. That is very unusual, infact there is something very wrong with it, that NEVER happens.

Try searching for one negative video about him excluding mine, you will not find any. It indicates to me his fan base is actually very very small, nobody else takes any notice of him and are indifferent to him, which is deadly.
Is he really only a media driven artist? you know, they ramp him up but there is no real solid base in reality, only a few.
Looks like the media are going to have to employ some real fake opposition for him if they want him to stick, they cant rely on myths of haters, when infact there dont appear to be any in reality.
Last edited by medusa on Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's Challenging the Doors Of Time
 
medusa
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 901
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:18 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Queen with Adam Lambert

Postby icy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:49 am

medusa wrote:Just been watching some Adam Lambert videos, and i see he is very good when talking to his audience, really goes at them talks straight into the the atdience and chats and makes lots of small talk, he isnt shy at all , reminded a bit of how Freddie was . Made me think if only he didnt sound like he does, which is the worst voice i have ever heard.
There is not one negative video on the whole of youtube about about Adam Lambert, except the two i have made. That is very unusual, infact there is something very wrong with it, that NEVER happens.

Try searching for one negative video about him excluding mine, you will not find any. It indicates to me his fan base is actually very very small, nobody else takes any notice of him and are indifferent to him, which is deadly.
Is he really only a media driven artist? you know, they ramp him up but there is no real solid base in reality, only a few.

There is or was harsh comments on Dailymotion about Adam. There are harsh comments about him elsewhere on the web. Ok, it is one thing not to like what he will do with Brian and Roger, some comments are way over and beyond what should be allowed, about Adam's sexuality and just him. A shame.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 17034
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: . Don't forget to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 281 times
Been thanked: 601 times

Re: Queen with Adam Lambert

Postby medusa » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:51 am

icy wrote:
medusa wrote:Just been watching some Adam Lambert videos, and i see he is very good when talking to his audience, really goes at them talks straight into the the atdience and chats and makes lots of small talk, he isnt shy at all , reminded a bit of how Freddie was . Made me think if only he didnt sound like he does, which is the worst voice i have ever heard.
There is not one negative video on the whole of youtube about about Adam Lambert, except the two i have made. That is very unusual, infact there is something very wrong with it, that NEVER happens.

Try searching for one negative video about him excluding mine, you will not find any. It indicates to me his fan base is actually very very small, nobody else takes any notice of him and are indifferent to him, which is deadly.
Is he really only a media driven artist? you know, they ramp him up but there is no real solid base in reality, only a few.

There is or was harsh comments on Dailymotion about Adam. There are harsh comments about him elsewhere on the web. Ok, it is one thing not to like what he will do with Brian and Roger, some comments are way over and beyond what should be allowed, about Adam's sexuality and just him. A shame.


Yeh? who are these comments by though? i bet its media, because if there really was this army of haters that his fans are always on about, then where are they? they would be vocally doing it on youtube, that is the place, anyone knows it is.
Dont get the wrong idea about this, but media loves to use people for politics if they can .
Seems to me there is abit of the obama factor going on with all this Adam media stuff, i have seen a few interviews and they are using IT, using what apparently doesnt acutally exist in the real world, using it like the race card.
Last edited by medusa on Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's Challenging the Doors Of Time
 
medusa
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 901
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:18 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Queen with Adam Lambert

Postby icy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:56 am

medusa wrote:
icy wrote:
medusa wrote:Just been watching some Adam Lambert videos, and i see he is very good when talking to his audience, really goes at them talks straight into the the atdience and chats and makes lots of small talk, he isnt shy at all , reminded a bit of how Freddie was . Made me think if only he didnt sound like he does, which is the worst voice i have ever heard.
There is not one negative video on the whole of youtube about about Adam Lambert, except the two i have made. That is very unusual, infact there is something very wrong with it, that NEVER happens.

Try searching for one negative video about him excluding mine, you will not find any. It indicates to me his fan base is actually very very small, nobody else takes any notice of him and are indifferent to him, which is deadly.
Is he really only a media driven artist? you know, they ramp him up but there is no real solid base in reality, only a few.

There is or was harsh comments on Dailymotion about Adam. There are harsh comments about him elsewhere on the web. Ok, it is one thing not to like what he will do with Brian and Roger, some comments are way over and beyond what should be allowed, about Adam's sexuality and just him. A shame.


Yeh? who are these comments by though? i bet its media, because if there really was this army of haters that his fans are always on about, then where are they? they would be vocally doing it on youtube, that is the place, anyone knows it is.
Dont get the wrong idea about this, but media loves to use people for politics if they can .

I assume it's by people who are homophobic.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 17034
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: . Don't forget to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 281 times
Been thanked: 601 times

Re: Queen with Adam Lambert

Postby medusa » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:58 am

I assume it's by people who are homophobic.[/quote]

Yes that what they talk to him about in the media interviews
but like i said
try searching you tube- you will find nothingposted by anyone out of the millions of very vocal pop fans, against him.
Now seeing what is meant to be, dont you think that is strange?
For instance try bieber dead or hate beiber etc
Adam has not one video against him,
never mind anti gay.
There is absolutley zero nothing zilch not a peep against him.

except for MY TWO and those are only there because of his nightmare voice.
Last edited by medusa on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
It's Challenging the Doors Of Time
 
medusa
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 901
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:18 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Queen with Adam Lambert

Postby M&M » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:02 am

The problem is that there is harsh comments all around. It's really not just Queen fans. Some Lambert fans, like Robin, seem very logical in realizing that not everyone must like Adam Lambert's vocals as well as understanding why Queen fans may not totally embrace this. But there's a lot of negative reaction from his really vocal fanbase, too. I read a comment here that Roger Taylor said Adam Lambert had the best voice he's ever heard so I googled it. The first (and only) site I went to was this: http://adamlamberttv.blogspot.com/2012/ ... -best.html. Most comments were like this:

@8:03PM I can see why they feel threaten by Adam fronting Queen. Adam is young, handsome, charasmatic, flamboyant, entertaining, and has killer vocals. One of their comments said that Freddie never got any nomination in The Grammys and Adam got nomination on his first album. This is scary to them. I don't doubt that back of their minds they think Adam's performance at MTV EMA was incredible and maybe even better than Freddie. Queen is a band and Adam is a solo artist (thank god for that). I found some of them open minded and they looked forward to see this collaboration. And no they aren't Adam fans.


I can't stand those Queen fans, Idol fans, Freddie fans, Rodger fans, Deacon fans. Bunch of butthurt haters that I'm sure they won't support Roger Taylor or Brian May no matter who they would have picked to front their band for one night. My guesstimate for these assholes are around 10 to 12%. The rest of the comments and blogs and what not are all positive and they are looking forward to this concert. Bunch of ignorant idiots and I won't waste my time on them anymore.



I was never on Queen bandwagon and got to know about them more because of Adam. IMO Adam's vocal range is million times better than Mercury and not only Adam will make them proud he will blow all of their songs out into space. Remember he know how to change up songs. How many different versions of his own songs we heard on GNT? Recently, we heard BTIKM in so many different ways. Yay, Adam sing their stupid songs so well and make them your own. Make their jaws drop in you awesomeness!


And I'm seeing some Freddie bashing from Lambert fans who are angry at negative Queen fans on various non-Lambert sites. I find this the most disturbing as the only completely innocent person in this fiasco is actually Freddie, isn't it?

With all due respect to the eloquent Lambert fans like Robin, I honestly I think this is the worst Queen decision ever and that includes Sun City. It's not worth the handful of fans that might actual stay with them once this collaboration is over. It's dividing their fan base and unnecessarily creating a campaign of Freddie bashing from Lambert's camp as well as Brian and Roger bashing from non-Queen/non-Lambert fans (and even some Queen fans!). While I realize Queen as the original band thought any publicity was great, I don't see how this can be good for their brand long term.
 
M&M
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 2:44 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Queen with Adam Lambert

Postby icy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:05 am

@ medusa, There used to be hateful comments there too, maybe they have been removed or marked as spam. I used to do that when I used the site more frequently.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 17034
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: . Don't forget to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 281 times
Been thanked: 601 times

Re: Queen with Adam Lambert

Postby medusa » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:10 am

Yeh i have seen a few comments on youtube saying
Queen fans should think themselves looky cos no w they got a cute singer.
That is the general depth of the Adam fans. And their fan videos are sycophantic praise for the man of plastic , gushing over him endlessly. Its that same kind of nausia inducing, glistening trail of lumpy drivel that he produces out of his vocal chords and coats your senses in its slime, transporting you somewhere you never thought possible any human could invent, the world of ADAM LAMBERT, IN ALL IT'S THEATRICAL HIDEOUSNESS , GLEE-fully glittering with his oozing sickly wailling vibrato ever so falsely, in place of Freddie, the greatest singer and entertainer this world has ever seen.
And has he earnt it?
i mean who the hell is he?
never never never how can it be?
what about Raphael he sings worthy, i was never as buzzing as when he sang , and what about Marc martel why not them!
why this THEATRICAL HIDEOUSNESS, the lowest of insults to the music.


I think i have finally expressed in words what he does to me when he sings.

what a tragedy this is. It's like the biggest sick joke in all history , it could really not, get any worse.
Last edited by medusa on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
It's Challenging the Doors Of Time
 
medusa
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 901
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:18 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Queen with Adam Lambert

Postby icy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:23 am

medusa wrote:Yeh i have seen a few comments on youtube saying
Queen fans should think themselves looky cos no w they got a cute singer.
That is the general depth of the Adam fans. And there fan videos are sycophantic praise for plastic , gushing over him endlessly. Its that same kind of nausia inducing, glistening trail of lumpy drivel that he produces out of his vocal chords and coats your senses in its slime, transporting you somewhere you never thought possible any human could invent, the world of ADAM LAMBERT, IN ALL IT'S THEATRICAL HIDEOUSNESS .

I think i have finally expressed in words what he does to me when he sings.

what a tragedy this is. It's like the biggest sick joke in all history, it could really not, get any worse.

Well, I wouldn't go as far as to call it a tragedy, but it's bad and made all the worse that it will happen at Knebworth. I don't think Brian, Roger and Adam know what they are doing anymore.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 17034
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: . Don't forget to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 281 times
Been thanked: 601 times

Re: Queen with Adam Lambert

Postby bigV » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:24 am

I really wish Paul would comment on this latest development, but I'm sure he won't. He's a gentleman after all - a real class act!

But I bet that privately he's having a laugh.

V.
 
bigV
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Is this the life we really want?

      
 
Posts: 2647
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:30 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Queen with Adam Lambert

Postby icy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:27 am

bigV wrote:I really wish Paul would comment on this latest development, but I'm sure he won't. He's a gentleman after all - a real class act!

But I bet that privately he's having a laugh.

V.

Has he ever commented about the ending of Q+PR? Sometimes I would like to pick the brains of the guys, then again it just might scare me :P .
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 17034
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: . Don't forget to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 281 times
Been thanked: 601 times

Re: Queen with Adam Lambert

Postby bigV » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:32 am

icy wrote:Has he ever commented about the ending of Q+PR? Sometimes I would like to pick the brains of the guys, then again it just might scare me :P .


He has. Kinda. All he said was that it was a mutual decision, it was amicable (not quoting, but it was along those lines) and that he would be open to playing at a festival or something...

Ahem. Any festivals in the UK this year? No? Didn't think so.

V.
 
bigV
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

Is this the life we really want?

      
 
Posts: 2647
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:30 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Queen with Adam Lambert

Postby Robin » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:34 am

I can say a little bit about the hate Adam gets online. It can get very, very bad. I'm in the U.S., and rabid homophobia is alive and well. Not so much on fanvids or concert uploads, but YTs of Adam's music videos can turn into a pit of ugly. Not to mention sites like Perez Hilton-- a total cesspool when he writes about Adam. Not so long ago Yahoo's music blogger had to shut down comments on an article about Adam she wrote, because people were posting hate speech and pretty much wishing death on him. Most fans avoid the comments sections because it makes us despair for humanity.

As for Adam's fans, we have a reputation for being pretty rabid, and a tiny minority gives the rest of us a bad name.

I have found that most Adam fans are also Queen fans and lots of us are sharing what we know and recommending music and vids to each other. I think I'm a bit of an exception in how little I knew Queen.
 
Robin
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

PreviousNext

Return to Dear Friends

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests