Queen with Adam Lambert

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Re: Queen with Adam Lambert

Postby medusa » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:06 am

@magsmagenta
Yes i know , but i can enjoy it though while it lasts ,hehe hee
fiendish chuckle
It's Challenging the Doors Of Time

medusa
We Will Rock You

Postby icy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:13 am

Simon wrote:My thoughts today were that maybe Queen want to return to a more heavier band. The statement that the show at the festival will not be a "Freddie show" may hint at that. Even though Freddie was able to write some heavy stuff like "Princes of the Universe" or the guitar riff in "Bohemian Rhapsody", he was more the romantic song-writer. Even though I am not particularly believing they will perform songs like "Dead on Time", I somehow predict a setlist that might be close to the 'Queen Rocks' tracklist.

Personally, and no offense, I hope you will be wrong about your prediction. I can't get my head around Adam doing hard rock, it isn't quite him IMO. Pop is. I am not saying he shouldn't branch out, I would like to see it, just not with Brian and Roger.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby Simon » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:00 am

I tend to disagree. There are other and probably better singers form liking that I would not want to listen to singing rock songs. I think Adam might deliver well.
But then again I don't know too much about him and most songs I know have too much effects on his voice that I might almost say I am curious how he will sing within the Queen gigs.
I do understand why so many people detest the idea that he will do these gigs, but we won't change Brian's and Roger's minds, so I am adapting and hoping for the best. At least I hope they will re-visit some of they lesser known tunes. It is a rock festival, so I don't expect Good old-fashioned lover boy etc.
"Or you have it, or you don't!"

Simon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby icy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:13 am

Simon wrote:I tend to disagree. There are other and probably better singers form liking that I would not want to listen to singing rock songs. I think Adam might deliver well.
But then again I don't know too much about him and most songs I know have too much effects on his voice that I might almost say I am curious how he will sing within the Queen gigs.
I do understand why so many people detest the idea that he will do these gigs, but we won't change Brian's and Roger's minds, so I am adapting and hoping for the best. At least I hope they will re-visit some of they lesser known tunes. It is a rock festival, so I don't expect Good old-fashioned lover boy etc.

I am curious too, and despite my misgivings, I do not want to see him fail. I am more worried about this for Adam than Brian and Roger.
It's where it will be held, Knebworth is special for many fans, especially the ones that were there that makes this so debatable for some fans. For me, it's the hypocrisy from Brian and Roger regarding such shows(reality) and it's the voice, and who knows Adam might prove me wrong.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby cyllan » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:11 am

Robin wrote:I have a question, if someone who knows could help me. From what I've researched, the 1986 Knebworth setlist was 29 songs and lasted nearly two hours. As best I could tell the sets with Paul Rodgers were similar in length. But a festival is different, correct? From last year's headliners I think the setlists were about 15 songs, so about an hour.

And I wonder if they will do the same setlist in Moscow as at Knebworth. Different audiences, right? Moscow would be all Queen fans vs. a mixed crowd at Sonisphere. Damn, I wish I could go to both...

As headliner they'll get between 90-120 mins. I guess setlist will be similar at both with maybe a few tweaks if they feel something else would work better.

cyllan
Spread Your Wings

Postby minimin » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:42 am

medusa wrote:
icy wrote:medusa, it's out there, all the hate towards Adam. I've seen plenty in last couple of weeks alone.

link

http://www.glaad.org/blog/yahoo-works-glaad-remove-violent-anti-gay-comments-adam-lambert-interview

I'm going to place some of the actual comments behind a spoiler tag, because frankly, who wants to see such filth, but seeing as you are so insistant that it isn't happening (it really is) here you have your proof:

Spoiler! :
"This is why a concentration camp is needed for homosexuals,"

Spoiler! :
It would make my day if someone was to do to him what those men did to Matthew Shepard

Also worth noting "GLAAD counted 83 of the article's 279 visible comments (29.7%) that were in violation of Yahoo's Terms of Service." I'm sure you understand that 'i don't like his voice' is not a violation of Yahoo's Terms of Service, but violent hate speech based on orientation IS.

And no, that is no way an isolated occurance. I don't know why you are so insistant that the homophobic hate Adam Lambert gets is a myth, but it really isn't

minimin
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:48 am

minimin wrote:
medusa wrote:
icy wrote:medusa, it's out there, all the hate towards Adam. I've seen plenty in last couple of weeks alone.

link

http://www.glaad.org/blog/yahoo-works-glaad-remove-violent-anti-gay-comments-adam-lambert-interview

I'm going to place some of the actual comments behind a spoiler tag, because frankly, who wants to see such filth, but seeing as you are so insistant that it isn't happening (it really is) here you have your proof:

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :
It would make my day if someone was to do to him what those men did to Matthew Shepard

Also worth noting "GLAAD counted 83 of the article's 279 visible comments (29.7%) that were in violation of Yahoo's Terms of Service." I'm sure you understand that 'i don't like his voice' is not a violation of Yahoo's Terms of Service, but violent hate speech based on orientation IS.

And no, that is no way an isolated occurance. I don't know why you are so insistant that the homophobic hate Adam Lambert gets is a myth, but it really isn't

I don't know if a thanks is order for you pointing that out, but it takes guts to point it out. I am just so sad that happens, really Adam or no one deserves that.
Welcome to the boards :) .
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby minimin » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:20 pm

icy wrote:Welcome to the boards :) .

Thankyou icy, but I will probably go back to lurking now. I've been a Queen fan longer than Adam has been alive but I am also a Glambert. I think it might be a little rude to flail and bounce all over the boards when so many folks are disappointed and even angry, but that is how I feel about it.

Can't wait for July!

minimin
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:30 pm

minimin wrote:
icy wrote:Welcome to the boards :) .

Thankyou icy, but I will probably go back to lurking now. I've been a Queen fan longer than Adam has been alive but I am also a Glambert. I think it might be a little rude to flail and bounce all over the boards when so many folks are disappointed and even angry, but that is how I feel about it.

Can't wait for July!

The board is big enough for everyone, so please don't go back to lurking. You are very welcome here, don't let the upset of others(myself included, I am one of the most vocal not pleased with it, so I am starting to feel guilty now :oops: ) put you off from posting.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby fereshte » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:31 pm

I think being afraid of the possibility that this collaboration could somehow ruin Queen's legacy is, in a strange way, expecting "too much" from this project. What Queen still means to people is the group of Brian, Roger, John and Freddie together, and nothing is going to change that.

It's hard to watch and hear anyone else where Freddie should be. That's why I'm not sure whether or not I'd like to go to Knebworth personally. But Brian and Roger are not asking us to accept anyone as the new lead singer of Queen. They're giving a couple of concerts, giving us a chance to see them play some of the songs that we love. We don't need to be afraid of anything happening to Queen's legacy.

It's nice to share opinions and have conversation on a friendly basis, but it seems the debate can easily get quite heated. The band is important to all of us and we feel passionate about it, but I don't think we need to let these current projects "scare us". :)
Last edited by fereshte on Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Maria Fereshte

fereshte
Spread Your Wings

Postby minimin » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:12 pm

icy wrote:The board is big enough for everyone, so please don't go back to lurking. You are very welcome here, don't let the upset of others(myself included, I am one of the most vocal not pleased with it, so I am starting to feel guilty now :oops: ) put you off from posting.

Oh Gosh no, you haven't put me off at all, in fact I really like reading your posts.

OK, I'll flail a little. I've been a Queen fan for 30 years. I became an Adam fan partly because he reminded me of Freddie* with his amazing voice, insane charisma and flambouyant showmanship. I saw Queen when Freddie was still alive and Adam is the first person I've actively wanted to see given a shot at fronting a show or two.

I understand that many people think Queen died with Freddie, but I always loved everything about Queen including all four members of the band and their amazing music. I want to be in a crowd with those songs again. I want to hear them from a singer who can get all of the notes and put on a show. I want to worship the guitar God that is Brian May and for Brian and Roger to be able to continue doing something they still obviously enjoy.

*OFC, for me Freddie is better in all of those fields, his voice is even more amazing, his charisma even more insane and his showmanship unparallelld - but then he trumps everybody in the world ever on all of those fronts. Adam is the first person I think could do him real justice.

OK was that too glamberty? That is why I'll probably stick to lurking :P

minimin
Spread Your Wings

Postby medusa » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:01 pm

This whole thing just shows the full extent of the evil of the american idol pop idol scourge, and the damage it has done, now even encrouching upon the established high art of the true and valid music world.

Just imagine if David Bowie had got into the clutches of the likes of musical crime boss cowel , head of the international monopoly of crap! He would then truly have become the next Tommy Steel, and all that great musical heritage would have been lost forever.
Coweel and his like are responsible for the labotomy of the music world, they make living zombies, command and control a vast array of lifeless dumbies they have cast under their spell, making them the living emboiment of their image of the grande vision of the ultimate tools of quick wealth via mediocracy, sold to those who know not what they hear.
Last edited by medusa on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

medusa
We Will Rock You

Postby YAFF » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:01 pm

minimin wrote:http://www.glaad.org/blog/yahoo-works-glaad-remove-violent-anti-gay-comments-adam-lambert-interview

Spoiler! :

Spoiler! :

Absolutely despicable. I'm no Lambert fan but his sexuality the least relevant issue possible when it comes to this project.
"I don't dislike Freddie and have said he's hands down the best singer I've ever heard." - magicshoes

YAFF
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby medusa » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:12 pm

As for the gay bashing of Lambert, ofcourse it is totally evil to hate on anyone for anything, but let us not make it bigger that it actually is, because it is very isolated, infact, as i had searched and searched for anything against him before this one instance was given as proof.
Let us judge him by his voice of wailing doom that makes a mockery of Queen's music , and not give any room for favouritism based upon irrelevant factors.

medusa
We Will Rock You

Postby CNB » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:45 pm

I can't remember on which thread there was a video of Meatloaf praising Adam soon after Adam was discovered on American Idol. Here is a newer comment from Meatloaf who speaks about Adam's "overdrive." I believe he was being asked about Amy Winehouse and Whitney Houston. There were many Queen fans who thought that Adam's performance at the EMA's in Belfast was forced and/or over the top. Maybe what Meatloaf says in this brief clip will give you a different perspective on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2TS9d0kEq8

A music critic once said they thought that Adam has three lungs because he has so much power in his vocals!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

PreviousNext

Return to Dear Friends