Wednesday 11 July: QOL Meet-up I

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Re: Wednesday 11 July: QOL Meet-up I

Postby agkelly » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:07 pm

I'm staying at Generator Hostel (a backpackers near to Kings Cross / St.Pancras). It was recommended to me by someone who has stayed there before. They seem to be willing to help with my questions.

agkelly
Spread Your Wings

Postby Elenir » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:36 pm

Well, I just booked my flight on the 10th and I'd like to come to the meet-up.
I hope you will still have me if Germany kicks England out in Euro 2012... I could pretend to be Swiss.

agkelly wrote:As I've never been outside Australia before, let alone to London, I may get lost!
I once got back from a secret gig in a pub to my hotel in London - while having pretty much no idea where either was. And while being really drunk. :lol:

Elenir
Spread Your Wings

Postby agkelly » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:21 pm

Thanks R-F-M, however I am booked and paid for at the backpackers in Kings Cross. I think it's funny how people travel halfway across the world to go to pubs of their nationality, ect! The amount of Irish people I know who frequent Irish pubs here in Australia always makes me laugh! I don't plan on hanging around Aussie pubs or whatnot when in London. I can do that plenty here! That being said, within the first 6hrs of landing in the UK, I'm heading to the Walkabout Pub in Shepherds Bush to watch a big footy (Rugby League) game! It's the 3rd and deciding match of the annual 3-way series between two states ... and there's no way I'm missing it!!!

Kings Cross suits me anyway, as I'm in town for 10 days, and Kings Cross seems to be quite central (or at least as far as the trains go anyway. I haven't quite worked out everything that I'll be doing, but nothing seems too difficult to get to from this station.

agkelly
Spread Your Wings

Postby agkelly » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:13 pm

PM sent.

agkelly
Spread Your Wings

Postby fairydandy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:33 am

I'm definitely not going to this show now. As much as I think that Lambert is a really good vocalist and that it will be a good show, I'm just not interested in it all anymore. :?

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Kes » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:00 pm

I'm definitely not going to any of them either, but that's only because I booked a BIG f*ck off holiday about a month before they announced these shows, and I think I've been waiting longer to go on this holiday, than I've probably been following Queen, and that's a VERY long time!
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby agkelly » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:02 pm

Hmmm ... as much as I'd like to catch up with a few of you QOL'ers, I would also love to get as close to the front of the audience as I can.

What to do?! What to do?!

Honestly, I think I'm more likely to get in line and trying my luck to get close to the stage. But I'll see how I feel on the day/s to see what I get up to.

agkelly
Spread Your Wings

Postby play it cool » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:13 pm

agkelly wrote:Hmmm ... as much as I'd like to catch up with a few of you QOL'ers, I would also love to get as close to the front of the audience as I can.

Honestly, I think I'm more likely to get in line and trying my luck to get close to the stage. But I'll see how I feel on the day/s to see what I get up to.

Last time I saw Q&PR in 2008 (in Liverpool) my hotel was right outside the venue. When we left the hotel sometime after 9AM for a look around there was already a line of nutters queuing up outside the venue. I walked into the same venue about half an hour before it was due to kick off and took my seat - much more civilised!

You could have a meet up for a bit and still get to the venue an hour or two early - you'd still have a reasonable chance of getting close, but you may have to queue outside from much earlier on to get a front row spot.

play it cool
We Will Rock You

Postby Elenir » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:45 pm

agkelly wrote:Hmmm ... as much as I'd like to catch up with a few of you QOL'ers, I would also love to get as close to the front of the audience as I can.
I've been thinking about that, too.
But the Brits are a bit crazy about queuing and with the Adam fans I half expect them to camp there the night before.
I'm worried because I'm small and I probably will not see much if I'm not up front, but on the other hand I really don't want to spend half of the day standing outside the venue.

Elenir
Spread Your Wings

Postby Elessar » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:30 pm

R-F-M wrote:Nearly there.

Elessar, are u still planning a BBQ or have you sobered up now?

Otherwise what time should we all meet? I assume that some people will want to get in the queue to get down the front of the stage. While others will have circle seats or just chill out further back in the stalls.

Anyway, I'lll be about all afternoon if anyone wants a session. :-D

It's certainly a possibility, but I'd say it's unlikely because there aren't really that many of us, and the weather will inevitably be rubbish.

But shall we say 4pm at the Distiller's, and if I decide to have a BBQ I'll announce it nearer the time?
"BLM are as equally responsible as the KKK are"

- Dustbiter, 2017

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby pi3rre » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:42 pm

R-F-M wrote:You can add me for Wednesday. My partner and I have got standing tickets.

I'll probably start off in the Brook Green Hotel pub on Shepherd's Bush Road cos it's my local. Then I suppose the one nearest to the venue (the Duke of Cornwall?) Mind you I've always liked the look of the one on the corner opposite Harpers and Collins. Anyway I guess it depends on how many of us will be meeting.

Brook Green Hotel thats what i got room for 2 nights with my girlfriend...we choose it just for the nice pics at that BAR =) (kidding)

pi3rre
Spread Your Wings

London 17th Jan =)

Postby Elenir » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:47 pm

So 4 PM?
There's food served there, right? Will I recognize everyone by their Queen shirts?

Elenir
Spread Your Wings

Postby play it cool » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:33 pm

Elenir wrote:So 4 PM?
There's food served there, right? Will I recognize everyone by their Queen shirts?

I'll be the one not in a Queen shirt!

play it cool
We Will Rock You

Postby fairydandy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:36 pm

Enjoy the show guys! Hope to catch you all if the tour extends!

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Elessar » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:43 pm

Elenir wrote:So 4 PM?

Yeah, they do food. Not sure how you'll recognise us though....hmmm...you can PM me for a photo if you like.
"BLM are as equally responsible as the KKK are"

- Dustbiter, 2017

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

PreviousNext

Return to Dear Friends