Martel vs Lambert

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Martel vs Lambert

Postby Another_Roger » Fri May 04, 2012 4:01 pm

If you could choose between these two for a tour with Brian and Roger. Who would you go for?

Marc Martel all the way for me. Because I get a feeling of experiencing Queen more when I watch him perform. He seems like a great person and a great musician overall. Lambert doesnt interest me a lot. And he doesnt suit the queen songs as good as Martel. Thats my opinion anyway!

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Re: Martel vs Lambert

Postby QueenUSA » Fri May 04, 2012 4:07 pm

I would agree.

QueenUSA
We Will Rock You

Postby CNB » Fri May 04, 2012 4:17 pm

The tone of Martel's voice is closer to that of Freddie's but I don't think he has the range that Adam has. Martel is a good Freddie imitator but I thought that would be annoying to most Queen fans to have a Freddie sound alike rather than someone who brings his own style and authenticity to the music.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby The Sixpence » Fri May 04, 2012 4:21 pm

Can I go for the third option and say neither.

The Sixpence

Postby Another_Roger » Fri May 04, 2012 4:25 pm

The Sixpence wrote:Can I go for the third option and say neither.

No ;)

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby voodoogirl » Fri May 04, 2012 4:48 pm

Martel gives me some second hand embarrassment in his Freddie imitation. I wouldn't feel comfortable watching it live with Brian and Roger but with QE it might be ok. Lambert is interesting to me because I don't really know what to expect, with Martel I already do. So I'll be watching for videos to see what they come up with, he's certainly got a voice and more chutzpah than Martel. IMO.

I don't care one way or another if someone is a great person (or if I perceive someone to be) when I go to a concert. I don't know them personally nor ever will. I'd guess most bands I've seen over the years are more douchebags than not.

voodoogirl
The Show Must Go On

Postby The Sixpence » Fri May 04, 2012 4:59 pm

Another_Roger wrote:

No ;)

Well, tough! I wouldn't part with my money to see either of them sing with Roger and Brian.

The Sixpence

Postby CNB » Fri May 04, 2012 5:07 pm

The Sixpence wrote:
Another_Roger wrote:

No ;)

Well, tough! I wouldn't part with my money to see either of them sing with Roger and Brian.

If we're not growing, we're stagnating. Sometimes it's a good idea to be open to new experiences! I doubt the cost of a ticket to these collaborations would put anyone in the poor house! :)
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby eiricd » Fri May 04, 2012 6:18 pm

CNB wrote:The tone of Martel's voice is closer to that of Freddie's but I don't think he has the range that Adam has. Martel is a good Freddie imitator but I thought that would be annoying to most Queen fans to have a Freddie sound alike rather than someone who brings his own style and authenticity to the music.

you know, the latter point of your post sounds like a description of Paul Rodgers...

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby Another_Roger » Fri May 04, 2012 6:34 pm

I rather want someone that sounds like Freddie than some down to earth blues singer that we had last time. He made every ****** song sound like blues. I am glad he is out. Boring frontman, and a boring voice for queen music in my opinion.

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby CNB » Fri May 04, 2012 6:51 pm

One thing about Adam -- he is NOT "boring!" I don't know that much about Marc Martel. I've only heard/seen him sing the one song "Someone To Love" so I don't know how well he would sing other Queen songs. I think others have posted that he sings "Bohemian Rhapsody" quite well.
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Elenir » Fri May 04, 2012 7:23 pm

Adam Lambert

Never heard much from him, and do not agree 100%, but I find Martel to be totally dislikable.

CNB wrote:Martel is a good Freddie imitator but I thought that would be annoying to most Queen fans to have a Freddie sound alike rather than someone who brings his own style and authenticity to the music.
Well said.
Authenticy - that's what he's missing. There's no variation, no fun, no charisma, no personality, just a bland imitation.

Elenir
Spread Your Wings

Postby The Sixpence » Fri May 04, 2012 9:35 pm

CNB wrote:
If we're not growing, we're stagnating. Sometimes it's a good idea to be open to new experiences! I doubt the cost of a ticket to these collaborations would put anyone in the poor house! :)

Nope, but as a Yorkshireman I am very careful with what I do spend my money on. You have to deserve it not just part with it blindly because it involves two of my favourite musicians.

I don't like Martel and I have never been keen on Lambert's vocal style either. I would rather have my teeth pulled out one by one without any aneasthetic than see them performing live with Brian and Roger on tour.

The Sixpence

Postby minimin » Fri May 04, 2012 10:17 pm

The Sixpence wrote:Nope, but as a Yorkshireman I am very careful with what I do spend my money on. You have to deserve it not just part with it blindly because it involves two of my favourite musicians.

I don't like Martel and I have never been keen on Lambert's vocal style either. I would rather have my teeth pulled out one by one without any aneasthetic than see them performing live with Brian and Roger on tour.

There is that d word again :lol: Seriously though i totally respect your opinion and share it in my own way. As much as I LOVE Brian and Roger and the music, you couldn't pay me to see Marc perform with them. I think Marc has a great voice, but I simply do not want to see brian and roger up there with a freddie imitator. It feels like a slap in the face to freddie to ever think he could just be 'replaced' by a mimic.

I could possibly be persuaded to see the QE tour if it came to the UK though. I kind of think there is a place for both of them and both of them are in the right place.

minimin
Spread Your Wings

Postby The Sixpence » Fri May 04, 2012 10:52 pm

d word? You mean deserve? Of course things have to deserve your money. There's an old saying that a fool and his money are soon parted - I wasn't brought up to be a fool!

The Sixpence

Next

Return to Dear Friends