Martel vs Lambert

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Re: Martel vs Lambert

Postby magsmagenta » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:19 am

CNB wrote:
voodoogirl wrote:Go, have fun. Enjoy some good music. Just don't be a hyprocrite.

And no, I haven't seen Adam live yet. I probably would see his tour if he comes my town. I like a good pop concert. Compared to many pop shows I've seen, at least he can sing. I think his fans are nuts though. I'd see him with Brian and Roger. But no, I don't think he's Elvis. In any way, shape or form. But I never did like Elvis anyway.

That's what I intend to do tonight -- go in with an open mind. Adam's fans are not as nuts as the Bieber fans. At least the object of our affection is truly talented. The Beliebers are just infatuated with a cute kid who looks like he's 12 years old. That's a phenomenon that truly puzzles me. When my kids were teens they were in love with the Duran Duran guys. But Justin Bieber? Good Lord!

It's no good defending us Adam fans by pointing out how much worse another group of fans is, teenagers will be teenagers, that's how they are. And remember the support Adam got from the Beiber fan groups the week Trespassing was released? As well as the Gaga ones. I'm not a Beiber fan, but it's no good slagging them off.
Or anyone else for that matter, that makes you just as bad as the people who criticise Adam unfairly.

magsmagenta
Spread Your Wings

Postby magsmagenta » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:24 am

CNB wrote:
magsmagenta wrote:I've never gone with the Elvis comparisons either, I know that when he does his hair a certain way he looks a lot like Elvis, but if he didn't dye his hair he would look nothing like him as he has his dads red hair, and he certainly sounds nothing like him.
I've never been much of an Elvis fan myself, although I do like some of his earlier Rock and Roll songs and I wouldn't diminish the contribution he made to modern popular music in any way.

I don't think it's just the dark hair, but some of Adam's facial features that look like Elvis, especially from the side view/profile: http://adam-lambert.org/adam-lambert-si ... ith-elvis/ and
http://reinep.wordpress.com/2010/05/16/ ... ncarnated/

Although I like looking at Adam and I think he's gorgeous looking, I'm a lot more interested in how he sounds, and he sounds nothing like Elvis.
In fact I have an uncle who looks the spitting image of Elvis, he used to have his hair like Elvis when he was younger and you wouldn't have known the difference. That doesn't mean I'd put him on stage as an Elvis substitute though.

magsmagenta
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:23 pm

Here's an interesting article that analyzes Adam's voice in a way that some people may not have seen before:

"Adam Lambert’s Three Gems" Posted on May 8, 2012

http://soundbath.wordpress.com/2012/05/ ... hree-gems/
I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby magsmagenta » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:17 am

CNB wrote:Here's an interesting article that analyzes Adam's voice in a way that some people may not have seen before:

It was Angelina who sold me my ticket because I didn't have the money in my bank account on the day they went on sale, I'm so looking forward to meeting her on the 11th :)

magsmagenta
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:29 am

magsmagenta wrote:
CNB wrote:Here's an interesting article that analyzes Adam's voice in a way that some people may not have seen before:

It was Angelina who sold me my ticket because I didn't have the money in my bank account on the day they went on sale, I'm so looking forward to meeting her on the 11th :)

Good for you and for Angelina--I've forgotten that you're going to be at that first UK concert. We'll be happy to hear your first hand review afterwards.

Do you have any information about the concert tomorrow at the Royal Albert Hall? Do you know what Adam is going to sing and whether it is more than one song?

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby magsmagenta » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:20 am

CNB wrote:
magsmagenta wrote:

Good for you and for Angelina--I've forgotten that you're going to be at that first UK concert. We'll be happy to hear your first hand review afterwards.

Do you have any information about the concert tomorrow at the Royal Albert Hall? Do you know what Adam is going to sing and whether it is more than one song?

Maybe we should take this to the other thread?

magsmagenta
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:40 am

magsmagenta wrote:
CNB wrote:Do you have any information about the concert tomorrow at the Royal Albert Hall? Do you know what Adam is going to sing and whether it is more than one song?

Maybe we should take this to the other thread?

The other thread is about Adam's new album. I posted this here because you are a resident of the UK. If you don't have any information about the Royal Albert Hall concert that is okay. I can't find anything about it except that it is taking place. I thought maybe you had heard something more.

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:03 am

In case you missed it, CNB, the thread in AW is about all things Adam. Other things including claims of homophobia, stalking from your very own self. I say that here, because you might take note, those are disgusting claims.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
I Want To Break Free

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby CNB » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:56 am

icy wrote:In case you missed it, CNB, the thread in AW is about all things Adam. Other things including claims of homophobia, stalking from your very own self. I say that here, because you might take note, those are disgusting claims.

The title of the thread did change to Adam's album even though all of those other subjects have been discussed there. BTW, I know "the stalker" better than you do and those are not unfounded or disgusting claims. He was taking my posts from this website and copying them onto his other website and mocking them along with his other buddies. And then he registered to post here. He is not a nice person I assure you, unless you also know him personally and approve of that sort of thing. He is not an Adam fan and he is not a Queen fan. He is here only to cause trouble like he has done elsewhere. But that's it. I don't want to discuss it any longer and I am trying to ignore him. He will never go away once he has found a new home and has people who think he is funny.

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:04 am

CNB wrote:
icy wrote:In case you missed it, CNB, the thread in AW is about all things Adam. Other things including claims of homophobia, stalking from your very own self. I say that here, because you might take note, those are disgusting claims.

The title of the thread did change to Adam's album even though all of those other subjects have been discussed there. BTW, I know "the stalker" better than you do and those are not unfounded or disgusting claims. He was taking my posts from this website and copying them onto his other website and mocking them along with his other buddies. And then he registered to post here. He is not a nice person I assure you, unless you also know him personally and approve of that sort of thing. He is not an Adam fan and he is not a Queen fan. He is here only to cause trouble like he has done elsewhere. But that's it. I don't want to discuss it any longer and I am trying to ignore him. He will never go away once he has found a new home and has people who think he is funny.

I will happily talk about Adam, with almost anybody. I am very wary of doing it with you and lizg, because I'm lumped into the homophobic issue, and I don't want to be lumped in with the stalking bit as well.
All I know is what I see here, this is where I've started to read Milkman's posts, and I enjoy reading them.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
I Want To Break Free

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby Prescott » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:33 am

Martel sounds more like Freddie. Adam has the stage presence and charisma. If I want a Freddie sound alike, I'll put on a cd and listen to Freddie at home for free. If I want to see a live performance, then Adam is my preference. I prefer a showman giving respect to one of his favorite singers, than someone just copying the original songs.

Prescott
Spread Your Wings

Postby Lover Boy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:48 pm

Martel is not copying Freddie, Prescott. Yes, he sounds very similar to Freddie, but he's not intentionally altering his singing voice to sound like him. Nor is he prancing about in a leotard or yellow jacket. He's just being himself.

Lover Boy
We Will Rock You

"Use all the tricks of the trade, dear, and if you believe in yourself, go all the way." -- Freddie

Postby lizg » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:53 pm

Prescott wrote:Martel sounds more like Freddie. Adam has the stage presence and charisma. If I want a Freddie sound alike, I'll put on a cd and listen to Freddie at home for free. If I want to see a live performance, then Adam is my preference. I prefer a showman giving respect to one of his favorite singers, than someone just copying the original songs.

Every time I see someone sing with Queen, no matter how big a legend and no matter how good it sounds, there is something always missing and it's sad. It's the spirit of Queen. Adam is not Freddie, of course, but he embodies the spirit of Queen. IMO

lizg
Spread Your Wings

Postby The Sixpence » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:44 am

What would you say is the spirit of Queen then lizg?

The Sixpence

Postby minimin » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:33 pm

The Sixpence wrote:What would you say is the spirit of Queen then lizg?

Obviously not lizg, but i like this question and wonder if it has a place on the Killer Queen forum? I'm trying to answer it myself and I keep coming up with words like theatrical, flambouyant, genre blending, vocal-layering (all of which really can be applied to Adam too).

Could you maybe ask it in the Killer Queen forum? I'd like to know what other Queen fans think but i'm to chicken to mix with the Queen fans outside of Adam threads after the reception Adam fans have been given here.

minimin
Spread Your Wings

PreviousNext

Return to Dear Friends