Martel vs Lambert

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Martel vs Lambert

Postby Another_Roger » Fri May 04, 2012 4:01 pm

If you could choose between these two for a tour with Brian and Roger. Who would you go for?

Marc Martel all the way for me. Because I get a feeling of experiencing Queen more when I watch him perform. He seems like a great person and a great musician overall. Lambert doesnt interest me a lot. And he doesnt suit the queen songs as good as Martel. Thats my opinion anyway!

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Re: Martel vs Lambert

Postby QueenUSA » Fri May 04, 2012 4:07 pm

I would agree.

QueenUSA
We Will Rock You

Postby CNB » Fri May 04, 2012 4:17 pm

The tone of Martel's voice is closer to that of Freddie's but I don't think he has the range that Adam has. Martel is a good Freddie imitator but I thought that would be annoying to most Queen fans to have a Freddie sound alike rather than someone who brings his own style and authenticity to the music.
I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby The Sixpence » Fri May 04, 2012 4:21 pm

Can I go for the third option and say neither.

The Sixpence

Postby Another_Roger » Fri May 04, 2012 4:25 pm

The Sixpence wrote:Can I go for the third option and say neither.

No ;)

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby voodoogirl » Fri May 04, 2012 4:48 pm

Martel gives me some second hand embarrassment in his Freddie imitation. I wouldn't feel comfortable watching it live with Brian and Roger but with QE it might be ok. Lambert is interesting to me because I don't really know what to expect, with Martel I already do. So I'll be watching for videos to see what they come up with, he's certainly got a voice and more chutzpah than Martel. IMO.

I don't care one way or another if someone is a great person (or if I perceive someone to be) when I go to a concert. I don't know them personally nor ever will. I'd guess most bands I've seen over the years are more douchebags than not.

voodoogirl
The Show Must Go On

Postby The Sixpence » Fri May 04, 2012 4:59 pm

Another_Roger wrote:

No ;)

Well, tough! I wouldn't part with my money to see either of them sing with Roger and Brian.

The Sixpence

Postby CNB » Fri May 04, 2012 5:07 pm

The Sixpence wrote:
Another_Roger wrote:

No ;)

Well, tough! I wouldn't part with my money to see either of them sing with Roger and Brian.

If we're not growing, we're stagnating. Sometimes it's a good idea to be open to new experiences! I doubt the cost of a ticket to these collaborations would put anyone in the poor house! :)

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby eiricd » Fri May 04, 2012 6:18 pm

CNB wrote:The tone of Martel's voice is closer to that of Freddie's but I don't think he has the range that Adam has. Martel is a good Freddie imitator but I thought that would be annoying to most Queen fans to have a Freddie sound alike rather than someone who brings his own style and authenticity to the music.

you know, the latter point of your post sounds like a description of Paul Rodgers...

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby Another_Roger » Fri May 04, 2012 6:34 pm

I rather want someone that sounds like Freddie than some down to earth blues singer that we had last time. He made every ****** song sound like blues. I am glad he is out. Boring frontman, and a boring voice for queen music in my opinion.

Another_Roger
We Will Rock You

Postby CNB » Fri May 04, 2012 6:51 pm

One thing about Adam -- he is NOT "boring!" I don't know that much about Marc Martel. I've only heard/seen him sing the one song "Someone To Love" so I don't know how well he would sing other Queen songs. I think others have posted that he sings "Bohemian Rhapsody" quite well.

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Elenir » Fri May 04, 2012 7:23 pm

Adam Lambert

Never heard much from him, and do not agree 100%, but I find Martel to be totally dislikable.

CNB wrote:Martel is a good Freddie imitator but I thought that would be annoying to most Queen fans to have a Freddie sound alike rather than someone who brings his own style and authenticity to the music.
Well said.
Authenticy - that's what he's missing. There's no variation, no fun, no charisma, no personality, just a bland imitation.

Elenir
Spread Your Wings

Postby The Sixpence » Fri May 04, 2012 9:35 pm

CNB wrote:
If we're not growing, we're stagnating. Sometimes it's a good idea to be open to new experiences! I doubt the cost of a ticket to these collaborations would put anyone in the poor house! :)

Nope, but as a Yorkshireman I am very careful with what I do spend my money on. You have to deserve it not just part with it blindly because it involves two of my favourite musicians.

I don't like Martel and I have never been keen on Lambert's vocal style either. I would rather have my teeth pulled out one by one without any aneasthetic than see them performing live with Brian and Roger on tour.

The Sixpence

Postby minimin » Fri May 04, 2012 10:17 pm

The Sixpence wrote:Nope, but as a Yorkshireman I am very careful with what I do spend my money on. You have to deserve it not just part with it blindly because it involves two of my favourite musicians.

I don't like Martel and I have never been keen on Lambert's vocal style either. I would rather have my teeth pulled out one by one without any aneasthetic than see them performing live with Brian and Roger on tour.

There is that d word again :lol: Seriously though i totally respect your opinion and share it in my own way. As much as I LOVE Brian and Roger and the music, you couldn't pay me to see Marc perform with them. I think Marc has a great voice, but I simply do not want to see brian and roger up there with a freddie imitator. It feels like a slap in the face to freddie to ever think he could just be 'replaced' by a mimic.

I could possibly be persuaded to see the QE tour if it came to the UK though. I kind of think there is a place for both of them and both of them are in the right place.

minimin
Spread Your Wings

Postby The Sixpence » Fri May 04, 2012 10:52 pm

d word? You mean deserve? Of course things have to deserve your money. There's an old saying that a fool and his money are soon parted - I wasn't brought up to be a fool!

The Sixpence

Next

Return to Dear Friends