Queen+Adam Lambert and Elton John live in Kiev

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Re: Queen+Adam Lambert and Elton John live in Kiev

Postby anotherone » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:29 pm

Lemmy wrote:After all the Queen-fan attacks on AL and his voice, his look, his age, his singing, his stage presence, his fans, his hair, his eyes... has anybody thought of checking out AL's website?

Maybe his fans are crying out about how Roger & Brian are too old to be with their protege, how Brian talks to much between the songs, how they don't play any of AL's songs, how their clothes don't match his... anybody dare to soil themselves and go and have a look? :lol:

OK, Ok, Moderators... I'm going for another walk now... Sorry

Signed Baldrick!

Oh, you brave soul, trust me, you would not be able to handle some of the lines of thought that are discussed over there. If you still have some remaining belief into the possibility of decent human interaction on internet forums, and especially between these two fan groups (LOL), please keep them intact and stay away :D

anotherone
Spread Your Wings

Postby voodoogirl » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:31 pm

Where did the 'fake southern accent' come from? I'll admit that's a new one to me, he's from California. I know I've only seen a handful of his interviews, but I don't hear that. Plus, he was a working actor, accents are bad when trying to get gigs.

I can't imagine Adam's fans are complaining about Brian and Roger on stage, I'm sure they are thrilled. They can be ridiculous in their OTT for Adam, but I haven't seen any disrespect for B&R at all. Adam will never sing with finer musicians in his life. If so, Adam better reach out and thump them. Although I'm sure he has no idea of what some of his fans say.

But I won't go over to his site to look, lol. I'm sure there is some crazy stuff.

voodoogirl
The Show Must Go On

Postby Lemmy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:38 pm

voodoogirl wrote:Where did the 'fake southern accent' come from? I'll admit that's a new one to me, he's from California. I know I've only seen a handful of his interviews, but I don't hear that. Plus, he was a working actor, accents are bad when trying to get gigs.

I can't imagine Adam's fans are complaining about Brian and Roger on stage, I'm sure they are thrilled. They can be ridiculous in their OTT for Adam, but I haven't seen any disrespect for B&R at all. Adam will never sing with finer musicians in his life. If so, Adam better reach out and thump them. Although I'm sure he has no idea of what some of his fans say.

But I won't go over to his site to look, lol. I'm sure there is some crazy stuff.

you should go and if you don't come back, you'll be remembered as a martyr to the cause...
We'll have your name linked with the illustrious members of the PFJ ! :P

Lemmy
Spread Your Wings

Postby dani_ev » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:51 pm

You know Adam boards are actually pretty nice and loving most of the time. Although, if you're not a fan you'll probably be left wondering what we're talking about half the time, what with the inside jokes and unexpected topics.
I can tell you the thread for Kiev was filled with nothing but happiness, flailing, crying (happy tears), proud comments, admiration for Adam, admiration for B&R and some REALLY funny moments :P Most threads from performance days are like that. The days after is when everyone starts analizing things a bit more. It's not all about flailing, we have talked about how awesome B&R still are at their age, some people discovering (or re-discovering) Queen, what were the best moments, the so-so ones, discussions about Adam's vocals, a LOT of Brian compliments, and even discussion about what music genre people think Adam's voice is more suited to. Some think he should do rock, some are on the classical side, pop, and some don't care a long as he's singing. There are very interesting discussions all the time, and I can tell you there many different opinions on everything within the fandom.

But everyone is very peaceful and loving so I'm sure no one would be a martyr ;-)

dani_ev
Spread Your Wings

Postby magicshoes » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:01 pm

I'd go if I knew where to find one...it could be considered hazing of the noob :lol:

my reference to the "fake southern accent" was due to that description by someone of what drives them nuts about overly feminine air stewards. Not sure it really was being applied to AL but in general I don't think he has an overly feminine way of speaking (except he does seem to giggle a lot).
My Soul is painted like the wings of butterflies

magicshoes
The Show Must Go On

Postby dani_ev » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:08 pm

Well I don't go to the official one (a lot of people don't) it's quite confusing, but adamtopia is one of the best and the people there are incredibly nice.
I'm guessing the southern accent wasn't a comment directed at Adam, I don't find he has any kind of accent really and he grew up in California. As to the giggling I think it's more his dorky side coming out sometimes. It makes me laugh at times when he's all being all OTT and sexy on stage and then giggles. It almost seems like 2 different people which is interesting.

dani_ev
Spread Your Wings

Postby Montavilla » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:12 pm

magicshoes wrote:I'd go if I knew where to find one...it could be considered hazing of the noob :lol:

my reference to the "fake southern accent" was due to that description by someone of what drives them nuts about overly feminine air stewards. Not sure it really was being applied to AL but in general I don't think he has an overly feminine way of speaking (except he does seem to giggle a lot).

Actually, I think that was a fake northern accent. Which is kind of confusing for an American like myself, because I'm not attuned to the various British English dialects. In America, there are many different southern accents, none of which is particularly tied to sexual orientation.
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby magicshoes » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:26 pm

Montavilla wrote:
magicshoes wrote:I'd go if I knew where to find one...it could be considered hazing of the noob :lol:

Actually, I think that was a fake northern accent. Which is kind of confusing for an American like myself, because I'm not attuned to the various British English dialects. In America, there are many different southern accents, none of which is particularly tied to sexual orientation.

No, there's an overly effeminate lilt that's sugary southern that some gay men adopt as a manner of speaking (think Ross the intern on Leno maybe?), and I find it rather annoying but again I have never heard AL speak that way.

magicshoes
The Show Must Go On

Postby Montavilla » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:40 pm

magicshoes wrote:
Montavilla wrote:

No, there's an overly effeminate lilt that's sugary southern that some gay men adopt as a manner of speaking (think Ross the intern on Leno maybe?), and I find it rather annoying but again I have never heard AL speak that way.

I'm not really getting what you're talking about. I tried looking up Ross the Intern and his accent is definitely not southern (happened to catch something where he mentioned he's from Washington -- that's Northwest). But never mind.
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby magicshoes » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Montavilla wrote:I'm not really getting what you're talking about. I tried looking up Ross the Intern and his accent is definitely not southern (happened to catch something where he mentioned he's from Washington -- that's Northwest). But never mind.

I said Ross "maybe" because all I know for sure is Ross' vocal mannerisms are annoying regardless of whether it's southern or whatever.

magicshoes
The Show Must Go On

Postby magsmagenta » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:47 am

Adam does giggle a lot which is nice, I have noticed that his mannerisms and voice do change slightly depending who he's talking too, I don't think it's deliberate and I think it's something we all do. Often his feminine mannerisms come out if if he's with other gay people, but if he's being interviewed by someone more macho from a Rock magazine he tends to mirror that style too.

magsmagenta
Spread Your Wings

Postby magsmagenta » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:10 am

Pastieman.Steve wrote:
The Sixpence wrote:
Prescott wrote:
Lamberks??? Nice. Funny but the anti Queen-Freddie stuff that I'm seeing is coming from "Queen" fans. The Lambert fans are all happy about Queen+Adam.

I can't see Queen fans being anti-Freddie to be honest.

I couldnt see that either, must be on the Lambert site ;)

No Adam fan on any Adam fansite, on Twitter or any comments section has been Anti Freddie. Be careful you don't slide into slander.

magsmagenta
Spread Your Wings

Postby The Sixpence » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:49 am

Actually that's not true. An Adam fan called swarm last week posted a very anti-Freddie post in the Queenonline section. It has been deleted now but some of the stuff was worse than what some of the Queen fans have said about Lambert.

The Sixpence

Postby icy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:11 am

The Sixpence wrote:Actually that's not true. An Adam fan called swarm last week posted a very anti-Freddie post in the Queenonline section. It has been deleted now but some of the stuff was worse than what some of the Queen fans have said about Lambert.

That was horrible indeed :-(
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby lizg » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:54 pm

I haven't seen anything Anti-Queen or Anti-Freddie from anyone I know to be an Adam fan anywhere.

lizg
Spread Your Wings

PreviousNext

Return to Dear Friends