Queen+Adam Lambert and Elton John live in Kiev

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Re: Queen+Adam Lambert and Elton John live in Kiev

Postby ExtraordinarilyNice » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:45 pm

Hi, I'm tardy to the party b/c it took for-freakin-ever to activate my account. This is my 3rd post, but don't worry, this is the last one I'll be counting. :D

This was my fave concert so far of the 3. Yeah, there were a lot of off-moments but this is LIVE rock n roll. I've never been perfectionistic of rock concerts and I kinda cringe when others are. This one just felt special.. the size of the crowd, the ambience, Brian and Roger looking like they were having a blast all proud and what not.

I hope this doesn't make anyone wanna puke but I loved that Under Pressure duet, it was unexpected and soooo charming! I have fantasies about this kind of thing being brought to Las Vegas, like Elton did, so I can go see it repeatedly. They would make a ton of dough and I would be one happy camper. I'd be able to make up for all of the opportunities I passed up to see Queen with PR.

I just kept hearing such mediocre to boring feedback about it, and for me it never felt right. Paul is just not flamboyant at all and he doesn't have the kind of range to make it believable.

I'm the type of fan that doesn't like spoilers but I can't be sure that they'll ever come and play in the States anywhere, anytime soon. I couldn't help myself... this collaboration made sense to me.

Anyway, nice to finally be able to post. Cheers!

ExtraordinarilyNice
Spread Your Wings

Postby The Sixpence » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:58 am

magsmagenta wrote:
The Sixpence wrote:Thieves the lot of them!

I think you're probably Joking, but if you're not, the videos still can't compare to being at a live performance, but they do give an idea whether the show is worth attending, the only people who could object to having their shows videoed would be the ones who knew they weren't putting on a good show.

Besides if the idea of having an official live stream takes off there would be no need to video it, and that would be additional revenue for the band.

I'm only half joking. Let's leave the copyright theft issue out of it for the moment and the fact the conditions of sale on the ticket state no recording is allowed etc, it is one of my pet peeves in going to a live events and having the the git in front of me sticking a mobile phone up in the air blocking my view. It's the same as when I got a football match and the person next to me spends the whole game taking photos/video footage rather than concentrating on the game itself. What's the frigging point going if you're just going to be watching it through your phone?

The Sixpence

Postby queenbee » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:52 am

The Sixpence wrote:
magsmagenta wrote:
The Sixpence wrote:Thieves the lot of them!

I think you're probably Joking, but if you're not, the videos still can't compare to being at a live performance, but they do give an idea whether the show is worth attending, the only people who could object to having their shows videoed would be the ones who knew they weren't putting on a good show.

Besides if the idea of having an official live stream takes off there would be no need to video it, and that would be additional revenue for the band.

I'm only half joking. Let's leave the copyright theft issue out of it for the moment and the fact the conditions of sale on the ticket state no recording is allowed etc, it is one of my pet peeves in going to a live events and having the the git in front of me sticking a mobile phone up in the air blocking my view. It's the same as when I got a football match and the person next to me spends the whole game taking photos/video footage rather than concentrating on the game itself. What's the frigging point going if you're just going to be watching it through your phone?

It's worse when you go to a gig and the git in front of you has their girlfriend on their shoulders :mad:

I suppose I don't think videoing shows is all that bad because it would never replace buying a ticket and going myself if I wanted to but it's great for all those times when I can't.

queenbee
Spread Your Wings

Previous

Return to Dear Friends