For sale : tickets for 11th of July

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

For sale : tickets for 11th of July

Postby Daniela » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:18 pm

Hey everyone, I got two standing tickets for the 11th of July gig. You can have them for £155, that includes recorded delivery, only payable by paypal.

Daniela
Spread Your Wings

Re: For sale : tickets for 11th of July

Postby fairydandy » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:18 pm

Daniela wrote:Hey everyone, I got two standing tickets for the 11th of July gig. You can have them for £155, that includes recorded delivery, only payable by paypal.

You have seen the concert the other night then? :P

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Daniela » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:02 pm

Lol no. Well, I did, on youtube ;) But that's not the reason i'm selling, I've had major costs on my car last week and can't really afford the trip over. I'm in two minds : on the one hand i want to go, on the other hand it's gonna cost a lot of money that i don't have at the moment !

Daniela
Spread Your Wings

Postby sonicdreamer » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:58 am

Life is short, if you don't go to these gigs coz of a "car" that's kinda sad.
What are you gonna remember in 5, 10, 20 years time, your car or a potentially exhilarating experience with Brian and Roger in a "small" venue that is one of the best in the world for atmosphere?

Cheers,
SonicD

sonicdreamer
Spread Your Wings

Postby The Sixpence » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:08 am

Or the sense of relief that your hearing wasn't permanently damaged by Adam Lamberts shrill, high pitched warblings?

The Sixpence

Postby Daniela » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:14 am

Oh if life were only that simple. The costs consisted of a third of my wages for this month. Which leaves me just about enoug money to pay my monthly bills and provide food for me and my kids. So no, i'm not spending that last bit of money to go to a gig if I can avoid it. I have seen Queen live before and Brian May too, I think i'll live....

On the other hand : if you are willing to donate money towards gas/petrol so I AM able to get to this gis, feel free ! I need about £80 just to get there.

Daniela
Spread Your Wings

Postby fishie » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:46 am

I hate to have to write this here after the negativity displayed by some of the posters, but I have two spare GA tickets to sell, at face value, one for the 11th and the other for the 12th. A friend got sick and unfortunately had to cancel the whole trip.

If anyone is interested, please contact me.

Oh, and while I'm here...Believe it or not, a lot of people who adored Queen and Freddie their whole lives (myself included) actually love Adam Lambert and his voice, and think him an excellent fit for Queen. If you disagree, or simply don't like it, that's fine. I just strongly disagree with the general vibe of this forum that suggests that if you think AL a fine musician with a great deal of talent, you're somehow not a "true Queen fan", whatever that means. I beg to differ, in any case.
Personally, although I think the singers who some of you propose as a " better fit" are fine musicians with a good voice, to me, they lack that something special, that " je ne sais quoi" quality that Freddie had, and which IMHO; Adam has. Obviously, Brian and Roger think so, too.
I'm just sick and tired of all of you bashing the guy, as well as B&R. Why put yourself through all that negativity willingly is beyond me. If you're so against the whole thing, simply don't listen to it, and please try to find it in yourselves to be so kind as to refrain from trying to spoil the experience for the rest of us who actually like it, k? #justanidea :?: :idea:
I know I'm preaching to the choir here...hey, this is the internet..it's to be expected LOL. But I thought why not have my opinion known, as all of you sure had yours :) Opinions are a&&holes, after all...

Cheers, or as Ringo Starr would say, peace&love :)
Oh and if someone is interested in the tickets, again, please let me know. Thanks :-)

fishie
Spread Your Wings

Postby Daniela » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:40 pm

Jeez, although it supposedly is gonna be an " potentially exhilarating experience " (according to sonicdreamer) , I can't even give the tickets away! And they're not selling either...Bah... :shock:

Daniela
Spread Your Wings

Postby dee87 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:18 pm

Daniela wrote:Jeez, although it supposedly is gonna be an " potentially exhilarating experience " (according to sonicdreamer) , I can't even give the tickets away! And they're not selling either...Bah... :shock:

If I had the money and the time off work I'd go!:( Hope you find a buyer!!

dee87
Spread Your Wings

Postby Mithril » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:34 pm

Daniela wrote:Jeez, although it supposedly is gonna be an " potentially exhilarating experience " (according to sonicdreamer) , I can't even give the tickets away! And they're not selling either...Bah... :shock:

And yet I think there's a good chance that all three evenings will be pretty full at the Hammy. Good luck selling your tix tho!
I promise I'll get off your lawn, Mister, as soon as I get my ball... And my frisbee... And my boomerang... And my cat... :P

Mithril
We Will Rock You

Postby The Sixpence » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:35 pm

Daniela - Have you tried advertising them for sale on the forum mentioned in this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4038
Last edited by The Sixpence on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Sixpence

Postby Daniela » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:16 am

Well, I thought f*** it and I went anyway. I get a paycheck again at the end of the month right ? lol ! And I am soooooo incredibly happy that I did ! The show was absolutely amazing, I was second row, it just blew me away. I never thought it would be this good tbh. I really wish I lived in London so I could go again this saturday. Keeping everything crossed for a european tour !

Daniela
Spread Your Wings

Return to Dear Friends