No Way Is This Going To Be 6 Shows!!!

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Re: No Way Is This Going To Be 6 Shows!!!

Postby soxtalon » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:59 pm

agreed - look at the 2 concerts they did in 05 in New Jersey and California - both were very well attended as I recall.

I think it would sell well if they did 4-5 gigs - NY, Boston, Vegas, L.A. and a few Canadian dates.

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby CNB » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:05 pm

soxtalon wrote:agreed - look at the 2 concerts they did in 05 in New Jersey and California - both were very well attended as I recall.

I think it would sell well if they did 4-5 gigs - NY, Boston, Vegas, L.A. and a few Canadian dates.

You forgot CLEVELAND -- the Rock 'N Roll city with a 20,000 seat arena !!!!! [I live near there!] -- Maybe even YAFF would come because he lives in Akron! :lol:
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby soxtalon » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:27 pm

Personally as long as it comes to NY, I don't care where else it goes :P Yup I'm selfish.

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby voodoogirl » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:08 pm

Radio City holds 6k and is a great venue. They could announce one night with a second pending the first night sales.

voodoogirl
The Show Must Go On

Postby DrSpiderhead » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:22 pm

As much as I would love a show in Dallas, I know that will never happen. So, I would be willing to travel to NY, Vegas, LA or wherever in the U.S. should they decide to play here. I traveled to see the last Genesis concert they played, when they were at the Hollywood Bowl because they didn't come to Texas and I'll do it for Queen+, should they come to this side of the pond.

DrSpiderhead
Spread Your Wings

Postby fosterol » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:34 pm

ultraviolet wrote:Nobody in mainland europe gives a flying fuck about this tragedy. Thats also why sonisphere was cancelled. I cannot see any serious music lover (minus al fanboys) wasting their money seeing someone with a sheep voice butchering old queen hits.

you really are a grumpy sod. Why can't you let people express their enjoyment without having to make your comments

fosterol
We Will Rock You

Postby dani_ev » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:01 pm

Well I would go if they came to Portugal. But I know I'm dreaming here. Guess I'll have to settle for videos.

dani_ev
Spread Your Wings

Postby voodoogirl » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:23 am

dani_ev wrote:Well I would go if they came to Portugal. But I know I'm dreaming here. Guess I'll have to settle for videos.

Portugal is beautiful, I've been looking for a reason to visit again. I hope you get your wish.

voodoogirl
The Show Must Go On

Postby minimin » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:19 am

slightlymad1970 wrote:Sorry I couldn't resist, I watched the whole Kiev show, was going to try and avoid it as i am going to Hammersmith but i'm so glad i did, what a show, it blew me away. The song selection, the band, the lights and especially Brian, Roger and Adam, simply awesome. Bring on Hammersmith i say.

There is now way this will stop at 6 shows surely, I can see one last world tour happening, not like the old ones with Freddie but a handful of gigs all over the world, Japan, South America, USA, Australia and Europe. Big arenas or Stadiums even festivals, hell why not try and get Glastonbury, this set would go down a storm!!.

No one will ever replace Freddie, he was untouchable, I adored the Q+PR tours, loved what they did with Paul and this next chapter with Adam will be just as good if not better.

Queen will always be Freddie, John, Brian and Roger but that will not stop me supporting anything Bri and Rog do under the Queen+ banner.

Hammersmith here i come :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

I've thought this was the potential 'goal'! Not a hardcore tour as such, just some choice dates all over the world. I think if they went to MSG on the East Coast, the Staples center on the West Coast and maybe 2 or 3 gigs inland it would totally sell out, especially with Adam as the front man. I'd add South Africa to the list of choice dates too.

And a-men to always supporting Brian and Roger! Never got into the Queen +PR thing because I didn't really like the way the music had to be adjusted, but absolutely loved that Brian and Roger were still able to tour. I appreciate that some fans think Queen died with Freddie, my own kid is one of them, but that was never the deal for me. I loved all four guys and I love the music even more. I've been buzzing my face off all week and that is more about the Queen fan in me than the Adam fan. Everytime I see Brian or Roger looking so enthusiastic and rejuvinated I want to burst with happiness!

minimin
Spread Your Wings

Postby The Sixpence » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:30 am

The highlights of the Kiev concert was seeing Brian and Roger enjoying themselves and also their own spots where they sang.

The Sixpence

Postby Bijou » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:14 am

The Sixpence wrote:The highlights of the Kiev concert was seeing Brian and Roger enjoying themselves and also their own spots where they sang.

I'm reading that a lot on here. I'm pleased to hear they sing on their own.

Bijou
We Will Rock You

Postby Tattletale » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:45 pm

Markholland wrote:
CNB wrote:On another thread it was pointed out that Adam has phenomenal breath support and that's why he holds his notes longer and his vibrato is more noticeable.

Well that's not really true is it. With most artists this is true but when you see Adam singing it looks intentional. He just can't keep his jaw in place and that is the cause of the vibrato. It has nothing to do with his breath or his vocal cords, he does it himself. As for the reason why I don't know.

I think he does it to simply show off. Maybe that’s why I don’t feel anything when I hear him sing. All of those runs don’t mean anything to him. I get the feeling he’s just acting. Like it’s theater to him.
I actually thought he had a good voice when I first heard him and still think he does. I just don’t like what he does with it.
I first noticed this when I heard him sing the U.S. national anthem at an event that Steven Spielberg was at. I was excited to hear that he was singing the national anthem. Then I heard him. There was so many unnecessary runs and oversinging that it was embarrassing. To me, it was disrespectful.

Tattletale
Spread Your Wings

Postby The Milkman » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:43 pm

Tattletale wrote:
I think he does it to simply show off. Maybe that’s why I don’t feel anything when I hear him sing. All of those runs don’t mean anything to him. I get the feeling he’s just acting. Like it’s theater to him.
I actually thought he had a good voice when I first heard him and still think he does. I just don’t like what he does with it.
I first noticed this when I heard him sing the U.S. national anthem at an event that Steven Spielberg was at. I was excited to hear that he was singing the national anthem. Then I heard him. There was so many unnecessary runs and oversinging that it was embarrassing. To me, it was disrespectful.

I agree. It's like one big boring guitar solo that grates on the nerves.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby ThroughOurSplendor » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:14 pm

A free concert is one thing. Hell, I'd probably even go if it were free, just to see Brian and Roger, as I never have before. Paying is another thing. I think this would tank if they brought it to the U.S. Queen was never near as well-loved in the States as they were globally, and with Lambert fronting it would likely be a flop.
Why can't we see that when we bleed we bleed the same

ThroughOurSplendor
Spread Your Wings

What the hell does this do?

Location: Oh wouldn't you like to know, wouldn't you like to know.

Postby The Sixpence » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:20 pm

ThroughOurSplendor wrote:A free concert is one thing. Hell, I'd probably even go if it were free, just to see Brian and Roger, as I never have before. Paying is another thing. I think this would tank if they brought it to the U.S. Queen was never near as well-loved in the States as they were globally, and with Lambert fronting it would likely be a flop.

They were at the back end of the 70's and in 1980 especially givne the success of The Game album. It's only after this (from The Works onwards) where this really slid downhill in the US.

The Sixpence

PreviousNext

Return to Dear Friends