Queen/Adam Lambert Threads Please Read.

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Queen/Adam Lambert Threads Please Read.

Postby JLP » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:32 pm

Right.

I have been out tonight on a family night because we have a guest from the USA staying over. I have logged on to complete and utter mayhem with numerous posts being reported. PMs have been sent and ignored. Therefore I have quarantined both threads until I am in a fit state to read every report and action accordingly.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Re: Queen/Adam Lambert Threads Please Read.

Postby JLP » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:54 am

OK I have cleaned up both threads, taking posts mainly from yesterday away.

If there are any posts which people still find offensive can you PM links to the posts to the team and we will look. I am not really in the mood to wade through a 80 page thread to split it. I have better things to do with my time.

If you don't know how to send a PM, then PM me and I will explain how to do it.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby JLP » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:05 pm

Any attempt to get around a ban may well result in more action being taken. That action being a permanent ban.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby JLP » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:50 am

Sorry guys, I removed a thread a minute or two ago that, in my view, was a clear attempt to pour fire onto the flames. As far as I am concerned, anyone is welcome on here. No matter who they are fans off. that includes Adam Lambert. The only thing we ask is that people respect the views of the opposite camp.

Most of the posts in that thread are fine. I will read it again and probably put it into the Adam Lambert thread in Another World. Bear with me please.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby JLP » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:11 am

Posts moved into the AL thread. Easy to identify as there is no subject in the post as that title was very offensive.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby WeeMann » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:58 am

Prescott wrote:To Whom it May Concern:

It amazes me that all opinions are welcomed here, as long as they are against Adam. Queen picked him, not the other way around. Greatness like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't demand that you like what I like. I don't care what you like. Unless your post contains an indisputable fact from history, your opinion is no better than mine. It is just different. But you have insulted and been down right rude to anyone who states they are an Adam fan since I started reading here. It seems to be the only fun that you have. If you are unable to see that others are allowed a different opinion than you, or you are just a rude person at heart, Carry On, Carry On. There's nothing that anyone can say or do to change your kind of heart.

I thought I'd respond to this here as it raises some important points which need to be addressed.

On QOL we pride ourselves on leaving people to be grown up enough to discuss matters in an adult fashion - we don't like to wade in unless things get serious (as they have a number of times over the last few weeks).

Addressing an earlier post:

Prescott wrote:When people here are taking pot shots at Adam and his fans, you need to realize that people will stand up for him. That is apparently not allowed. Only Adam bashing is permitted, or so it seems.

This is not the case. If we delete every post which offers a negative opinion of anything this board will dry up. We don't want a sugar coated love in here, we want the opportunity to debate and discuss, secure in the knowledge that people will all have differing opinions.

What this means to you is that you will see posts offering an opinion of Adam that you will not like. I'm sorry, but that's life. Likewise there are a multitude of posts all over the board offering criticism against Queen and its members and they won't be deleted either, because people are allowed these opinions.

The day we start telling people they can only offer positive opinion is the day we become a dictatorship which people will not stand for. We don't intend to go there.

Likewise, a decision was taken several years ago (before my time on here) that swearing should be allowed, that we wouldn't censor people unnecessarily.

Combined, these two philosophies mean that people are free to discuss things to their hearts' content. If the Mod team are getting involved, it means people are stepping too far over the line.

What the above post also insinuates is that we are allowing people to be aggressive towards Lambert fans, but clamping down when those people attack in return. This is not the case. Certainly we are PMing, warning, etc those Lambert fans who cross the line (and deleting posts where necessary), but we are also doing likewise with people attacking those Lambert fans. The thing is that we don't make any of these things public, thus you may not even be aware of an attack against you as it has been deleted and dealt with while you sleep.

To clarify a point I made previously, you are posting on a Queen forum, populated by people who are, by definition, hardcore Queen fans. You are totally entitled to your own opinions and are welcome to post them, however doing so means you are opening yourself to contrary views. If you make a comment such as "Adam Lambert is a better singer than Freddie ever was," people will respond. If you can't take the kind of response that this kind of opinion will produce, think very carefully before making it. I am not saying you should not post your opinion, but I am saying that you need to be grown up enough to accept that you may not like the response it draws.
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a post, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate.

WeeMann

Not even on the B list...

Postby JLP » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:18 pm

Please be aware that at some stage this evening, I will be moving all the Q/AL threads into the Dear Friends forum.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Return to Dear Friends