Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby icy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:15 am

Prescott wrote:
Right, if I tell you that what you say is wrong on so many levels, I am a bad Adam fan. How dare I say something like that. It is a 2 way street. And most of the hateful posts against Adam and Adam's fans are only to get a rise. There are many pot stirrers here, and not from the Glamberts as the supposed Queen fans state. Carry On, Carry On. You all give me something to laugh at when I read the hatred in your posts over something like Adam singing with Queen. "How stupid could Brian and Roger get? Why should they have fun at their old ages? Why didn't they die with Freddie? They aren't permitted to use the Queen name". At least Adam's fans are loyal to Adam and grateful to Brian and Roger for their support. It is truly a shame that a good majority of the Queen fan's here do not feel the same. Their loyalty to THEIR idols is appalling.

Let's see, in the past few months by some Adam fans I've been called a homophobe, a hater and not really a fan. Earlier you posted I don't care for Adam so you think,yet another wrong assumption.
I know I didn't say anything like what is in your post, although I did call Brian and Roger hypocrites, and I still stand by that.
Grateful, no sorry when you are comparing Freddie to Adam, that doesn't sound grateful to Brian and Roger to me.
You don't have much of an idea how loyal a Queen fan is, as you stick to Adam threads only. I think it's appalling how some of you rush to judgement after so little time here.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 15293
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: Persona non grata
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 231 times
Been thanked: 520 times

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby voodoogirl » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:17 am

Brian posted a lovely letter from a fan.

http://brianmay.com/brian/letters/letters.html
 
voodoogirl
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1417
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:06 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 142 times

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby Prescott » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:21 am

Icy, I have read most of the threads here. I login to post. If I leave I get logged out after a certain period of time. I might read for a day or two without posting. So do not tell me what I do or do not do when you don't have a clue. Can you tell how long each guest has been here? I came here long before I started saying anything. Again, another WRONG assumption on your part. Any dig is a good dig, right?
 
Prescott
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby Prescott » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:25 am

Stick to Adam threads only. This thread is about Adam and Queen singing at the Hammersmith Apollo. Did you miss that? Oh wait, this is only a thread to post a review of the show, and both Queen and Adam fans need to post anything else on a different thread. Glamberts need not reply to any dig.
 
Prescott
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby icy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:34 am

Prescott wrote:Stick to Adam threads only. This thread is about Adam and Queen singing at the Hammersmith Apollo. Did you miss that? Oh wait, this is only a thread to post a review of the show, and both Queen and Adam fans need to post anything else on a different thread. Glamberts need not reply to any dig.

No dear, I can read, thanks. I've read an awful lot of crap from some Glamberts in the past few months, your last few posts nearly take the cake.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 15293
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: Persona non grata
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 231 times
Been thanked: 520 times

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby lizg » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:54 am

I wish some of you Adam fans took the time in talking with Queen fans here/reading about the bands history, then you would know it's a fact.


I've been a fan of Queen's compositions and harmonies for decades.
Sorry, Icy, but I know the difference between fact and opinion.
 
lizg
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 339
Images: 0
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:12 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby The Milkman » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:56 am

Wasn't the Body Language video the first video to be banned? I think it was banned in several countries.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.
 
The Milkman
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 5595
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby icy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:04 am

lizg wrote:
I wish some of you Adam fans took the time in talking with Queen fans here/reading about the bands history, then you would know it's a fact.


I've been a fan of Queen's compositions and harmonies for decades.
Sorry, Icy, but I know the difference between fact and opinion.

Read up on it then, it's a fact Freddie was and still remains one one the best showmen in rock and roll, if not The One.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 15293
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: Persona non grata
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 231 times
Been thanked: 520 times

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby queen 4ever » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:17 am

It seems to me that the negitive remarks come from people that did not attend the concerts. I truely don't see how you can judge unless you went? I know I will get some shit from some of you however, it's all done now and fighting about it endlessly isn't going to change the fact that it happened. I don't see very many AL fans being A holes but I see and read a load of BS from so called Queen fans. I am ashamed of some of you! Grow up take it on the chin it's over but I'm hoping they do it again.... :onfire:
 
queen 4ever
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:11 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby Montavilla » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:25 am

icy wrote:
lizg wrote:
I wish some of you Adam fans took the time in talking with Queen fans here/reading about the bands history, then you would know it's a fact.


I've been a fan of Queen's compositions and harmonies for decades.
Sorry, Icy, but I know the difference between fact and opinion.

Read up on it then, it's a fact Freddie was and still remains one one the best showmen in rock and roll, if not The One.


It is general opinion that Freddie was and still remains... etc.

Facts are provable. Opinions may be based on objective criteria. But they aren't facts.

This post does not contain my opinion on anything. It compares only the definitions of two different words. There should be no assumptions made about my opinion on any singers, living or dead.
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy
 
Montavilla
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1947
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:06 pm
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 499 times
Been thanked: 278 times

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby Out of The Shadows » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:32 am

I dont see any need to compare Freddie & Adam. All it does is rile up peeps and serves no purpose. Of course Queen fans are gonna protect Freddie and they should. I just dont think it serves any purpose to say Adam is equal or better than Freddie even if you believe it. I know its your right to but its probably just not a good idea over here. Adam is winning skeptics over but he does have a long way to go and he would be the first to say so. He was very humble at the concerts IMO and always deferred to Brian & Roger. He has the utmost respect for Freddie based on things he has said. So I just dont see any positive outcome to insist that Queen fans agree. Let Adams' music and voice speak for itself. I believe in time he will attain some great things. But, his path is still being forged. I do take issue with the statement that he is using Queen. Not true at all. He was asked and he said yes. Who wouldnt? Especially if they have been your idols for a long time.
Love overcomes hate. Love has no color. Love has no orientation. All is love. ~ Adam Lambert
 
Out of The Shadows
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 4:08 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby lizg » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:07 am

Out of The Shadows wrote:I dont see any need to compare Freddie & Adam. All it does is rile up peeps and serves no purpose. Of course Queen fans are gonna protect Freddie and they should. I just dont think it serves any purpose to say Adam is equal or better than Freddie even if you believe it. I know its your right to but its probably just not a good idea over here. Adam is winning skeptics over but he does have a long way to go and he would be the first to say so. He was very humble at the concerts IMO and always deferred to Brian & Roger. He has the utmost respect for Freddie based on things he has said. So I just dont see any positive outcome to insist that Queen fans agree. Let Adams' music and voice speak for itself. I believe in time he will attain some great things. But, his path is still being forged. I do take issue with the statement that he is using Queen. Not true at all. He was asked and he said yes. Who wouldnt? Especially if they have been your idols for a long time.


On the contrary, it was a few anti-Adams here who insist all agree with their "fact" that Freddie is superior to Adam in every way.
 
lizg
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 339
Images: 0
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:12 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby Spanky Pants Lad » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:23 am

lizg wrote:
Out of The Shadows wrote:I dont see any need to compare Freddie & Adam. All it does is rile up peeps and serves no purpose. Of course Queen fans are gonna protect Freddie and they should. I just dont think it serves any purpose to say Adam is equal or better than Freddie even if you believe it. I know its your right to but its probably just not a good idea over here. Adam is winning skeptics over but he does have a long way to go and he would be the first to say so. He was very humble at the concerts IMO and always deferred to Brian & Roger. He has the utmost respect for Freddie based on things he has said. So I just dont see any positive outcome to insist that Queen fans agree. Let Adams' music and voice speak for itself. I believe in time he will attain some great things. But, his path is still being forged. I do take issue with the statement that he is using Queen. Not true at all. He was asked and he said yes. Who wouldnt? Especially if they have been your idols for a long time.


On the contrary, it was a few anti-Adams here who insist all agree with their "fact" that Freddie is superior to Adam in every way.


LizG,
Don't you know a compliment when you see one? Freddie was a rock legend and I have no doubt that Adam Lambert does not think that he's equal to Freddie. Mr. Lambert has an amazing voice and he's quite an entertainer. I too, believe that Adam Lambert has the ability to attain great things because of his pretty amazing talent but give him some time. IMO, future work with Brian and Roger will go a long way to nurture his superb talent.
 
Spanky Pants Lad
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:58 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby Out of The Shadows » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:33 am

Facts are, Adam was asked, he accepted, he blew the roof off the place. End of story. These speak for themselves along with the Live Fan Reactions that I posted in another thread. These are all Adam needs. Satisifed, happy customers who actually PAID money to watch Queen + Adam Lambert.

http://reviews.ticketmaster.co.uk/7171- ... =SLfbk-006

lizg, I do understand what you are saying that we dont HAVE to agree that Freddie was better than Adam. As usual, it is opinion. But over here, you wont find too many that dont believe that. :-)
Love overcomes hate. Love has no color. Love has no orientation. All is love. ~ Adam Lambert
 
Out of The Shadows
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 4:08 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby JLP » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:18 pm

topic split and moved to the Lambert thread as nothing is being said about the shows anymore.
Come on you Tigers.
 
JLP
Site Admin
 
User avatar

 

Growing old disgracefully

      
 
Posts: 10533
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:33 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 399 times

PreviousNext

Return to Dear Friends

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests