Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby eiricd » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:31 pm

CNB wrote:
nicksmithworld wrote:Image

THIS is a better example with Freddie in HIS furry jacket:

haven't bothered to read the last 10 odd pages, but;

I cannot comprehend how lambertberts don't have the ability to see how it's ok for Freddie Mercury to be on a Queen stage with a furry jacket, while a copy cat several decades on is just a sad and taking the piss.

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:30 am

"Hi folks,

Well, as Queen tours go, it was...short!

But really quite amazing. We put a lot of work into rehearsing the show with Adam Lambert...and it was quite an undertaking. Especially since there was no chance to 'warm up' before we plunged into a huge gig in front of hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians! But every step we took out there, in Kiev, Moscow, Wroclaw and good old Hammersmith, we felt there was magic in the air. It all feel very worth-while.
For me, it was amazing to work out front with Adam, because he, like Freddie, is a very spatially connected performer...it was constantly stimulating for me play with the available space on stage and use it to project to maximum power out to the audience - and back again. Like in the old days, the show felt interactive, and fun. And what an extraordinary voice!

The music, in a situation like this, does catch fire, and I thought there were some really great 'loose' moments on that tour.

I have to thank once again our fans - our audience, our friends around the world, who once again gave back energy in bucket-loads...and made the whole experience very rewarding."

"Roger and I are now preparing ourselves mentally for an appearance in the closing ceremony of the Olympic Games, which was supposed to be a secret but it's definitely well leaked by now! Every day a new adventure. I am thankful, grateful and blessed! What does the future hold? I don't know...but I guess that's always why there is fun to be had. Take care out there...

Much rockin' to be done!

With love, Bri "
I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby The Sixpence » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:05 pm

Where's that from CNB?

The Sixpence

Postby CNB » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:04 pm

The Sixpence wrote:Where's that from CNB?

It's an excerpt from @brianmaycom's letter in @OIQFC Summer Newletter: his perspective of the Queen + Adam Lambert shows.

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby The Sixpence » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:30 pm

Cheers.

The Sixpence

Postby Out of The Shadows » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:51 pm

Scroll down to read the letter and also there is a fantastic essay written about Queen + AL by NoAngel. Brian even retweeted it so he must have liked it as well.

http://adamquotedaily.blogspot.ca/2012/ ... 82012.html
Love overcomes hate. Love has no color. Love has no orientation. All is love. ~ Adam Lambert

Out of The Shadows
Spread Your Wings

Postby soxtalon » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:40 am

For the record Brian didn't retweet it...Brian doesn't have a twitter account.

His website Brianmay.com does but that isn't run by him either - only it's administrator. The only thing that Brian really reads on his site are his soapbox and the Letters that are passed on to him by the administrator.

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby icy » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:52 am

soxtalon wrote:For the record Brian didn't retweet it...Brian doesn't have a twitter account.

His website Brianmay.com does but that isn't run by him either - only it's administrator. The only thing that Brian really reads on his site are his soapbox and the Letters that are passed on to him by the administrator.

I was just going to ask if he did have a Twitter acct, because it was the first I've heard of it.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
I Want To Break Free

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby Out of The Shadows » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:38 am

soxtalon wrote:For the record Brian didn't retweet it...Brian doesn't have a twitter account.

OK. Thank you. I guess the administrator liked it then as that person retweeted it.
Love overcomes hate. Love has no color. Love has no orientation. All is love. ~ Adam Lambert

Out of The Shadows
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:52 pm

Queen feature in September 2012 Classic Rock magazine (Lynyrd Skynyrd cover). Below follows our transcript of a review on p120 of Queen and Adam Lambert at London Hammesmith Apollo.

"QUEEN AND ADAM LAMBERT
LONDON HAMMERSMITH APOLLO
Veteran rockers hook up with a new singer to produce a majestic performance in front of an adoring audience.

One side effect of the many TV pop talent shows is the gradual 'cartooning' of rock, one week you've got to sing Bruno Mars, the next it's Whole Lotta Love. For a whole generation of kids, rock music is just a costume change, a bit of eyeliner and a pair of leather hose. Brian May and Roger Taylor have been complicit in this development ever since We Will Rock You opened in London's West End, but 10 years ago even they wouldn't have imagined that Adam Lambert could be Freddie for a day.

Lambert has one of those agile pop voices that sounds like it's got a built-in autotune. Runner-up in the 2009 edition of American Idol, he's both stylish and versatile, and he can sure as hell hit the notes - which is funny, because a lot of the time Freddie Mercury couldn't. Freddie's transformation from wily studio falsetto to musicals, barking steamy tenor on stage was all part of the fun. Adam Lambert is instead all curves-and-castrato perfection, wearing tight pants and a feather boa.

Despite the mismatch, this is a strangely rapturous evening. Lambert is only on stage for about 70 per cent of the songs, a respectful young worker bee who's circling flamboyantly in the Freddie-space but not trying to fill it."

http://brianmay.com/queen/queennews/que ... ug12c.html

Also, here's a link where you can vote for the Queen/Adam Lambert shows to be the "Event of the Year":
http://awards.classicrockmagazine.com/a ... f-the-year

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Lemmy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:56 pm

CNB wrote:
Also, here's a link where you can vote for the Queen/Adam Lambert shows to be the "Event of the Year":

Blimey, 3 weeks in Morocco and still this is talked about... :evil:
Any REAL QUEEN FANS going to vote on this one? If you do, you'll have to deal with an upset Lemmy... And we don't want that, do we??? Lemmy knows Chuck Norris... :lol:

Lemmy
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Lemmy wrote:
CNB wrote:

Any REAL QUEEN FANS going to vote on this one? If you do, you'll have to deal with an upset Lemmy... And we don't want that, do we??? Lemmy knows Chuck Norris... :lol:

Well, Lemmy, as a REAL QUEEN FAN, you could always vote for the McCartney/Springsteen collaboration instead of the Queen/Adam Lambert one! ;)

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Lemmy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:46 pm

CNB wrote:
Lemmy wrote:
CNB wrote:

Well, Lemmy, as a REAL QUEEN FAN, you could always vote for the McCartney/Springsteen collaboration instead of the Queen/Adam Lambert one! ;)

erhhh... hmm, let me think of that one too... if I have to take one, then I'll go for Lulu.
Love both (Met and Lou), but the combination ain't quite great.
However, take James' voice out and just have Lou with Met as a band... then I'd listen to it again.

Lemmy
Spread Your Wings

Previous

Return to Dear Friends