Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby lizg » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:05 am

That's exactly right, Prescott. He wore what he'd wear at any of his shows, he sang the way he'd sing at any of his shows, and he was the showman he is at any of his shows. He was magnificent.

lizg
Spread Your Wings

Postby Tattletale » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:12 am

lizg wrote:
Tattletale wrote:"Freddie earned the right to "dress like an idiot"? That's a funny thing to say. Adam hasn't earned the right to be Adam? I don't know why you think Freddie is above criticism while Adam is not."

He’s earned the right to be Adam, but not to be talked about as if he is even close to the level of artist that Freddie was.
I believe what eiricd is saying is that Freddie CREATED music and art. Adam Lambert RE-CREATES other people’s art. That’s a big difference. Adam does have a great theater voice though.(I think he would be great on Broadway, whether he wants to do that or not.) But his antics on stage are not original. I have seen performances from the underground club kid scene in LA that are like Lamberts’. Adam was a part of that scene at one time, and I’m sure that’s where he has gotten a lot of his material. (Look at the Zodiac Show videos.)
But, having said all of that, most people that saw the shows seemed to like them. And if it entertained people, then it was successful. But try to understand where others are coming from when they get upset if Adam is considered on an even similar level as Freddie.

I have the right to believe and say Adam is creative in his own right, whether he is singing a song written and sung by someone else or singing his own song. And I don't have to say I think someone is a better singer or entertainer than Adam if I don't think they are.

I absolutely agree. But be prepared for a debate with others who might not share your opinion.
And from what I've seen, Glamberts are VERY well-prepared to do that. :D

Tattletale
Spread Your Wings

Postby Prescott » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:15 am

Is Adam on a level with Freddie? Again, personal opinion. Ask a twangy country singer what they think of Freddie or Adam. Is Adam at the same level Freddie was after 3 years with Queen? Yes, I think so. Will Adam improve with more experience fronting a band, sure. Was it nice of Roger and Brian to give a new person a chance to learn from the best, of course. Will Adam someday be as great as Freddie was in his best years, maybe even better. All PERSONAL preference.

Prescott
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:16 am

Prescott wrote:Who's the better singer - Freddie or Adam? Depends on the individual person. Some people like twangy country music that would hate both Freddie or Adam. Are they wrong? Overall, I prefer the sound of Adam's voice. But I would NEVER call Freddie a bad singer. I like his voice also. I just like the sound from Adam a bit better. Shame that Adam's fans aren't allowed to think their favorite singer has a great voice.

Some people quite like Freddie, twangy country music and like Adam, myself included :-).
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby voodoogirl » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:19 am

lizg wrote:
I don't even have a problem with Adam, lol. But if you think you are doing him favors here, I don't think he'd appreciate it it. Damn, I feel bad for the guy.

Adam surely would appreciate that someone doesn't think it is necessary to agree that he is not as talented or entertaining as Freddie in any way in order to have a civil conversation.

The thing is though, I actually think he'd whole heartedly agree that he isn't, when it comes to Queen material. I think he'd be embarrassed his fans were trying to convince Queen fans otherwise, when he's the one saying he's only trying to give a voice to the songs and can't replace or match Freddie. That is the embarrassment I feel for him here. It was after all Freddie's material, lol. Vocally he is very impressive though.

I'm already going to go if they comes to the states, well depending on what state anyway. The fans who were at the concert looked like they had a great time. Brian and Roger looked like they had a great time, I am happy to see them having a great time. Brian's soapbox is touching. But let's not pretend it's something it's not, which is better than Freddie. Give Adam that respect as his fan, he's been respectful of Brian and Roger and to Freddie. You can totally think otherwise, but I think it's in poor taste to post it here rather than his own fan club.

And I happen to think the Dragon Attack jacket is a pretty cool fashion piece. Not original by any means, but I like it. Fashion like food and music recycles, no issues there.

And I sincerely hope any parent taking a 5 year old to a concert gave them ear protection. It's way too loud for their little ears.

voodoogirl
The Show Must Go On

Postby icy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:21 am

Prescott wrote:Is Adam on a level with Freddie? Again, personal opinion. Ask a twangy country singer what they think of Freddie or Adam. Is Adam at the same level Freddie was after 3 years with Queen? Yes, I think so. Will Adam improve with more experience fronting a band, sure. Was it nice of Roger and Brian to give a new person a chance to learn from the best, of course. Will Adam someday be as great as Freddie was in his best years, maybe even better. All PERSONAL preference.

No, he isn't and I doubt Adam ever will be on a level with Freddie.
Definitely he isn't at the moment, what after a only few shows with Brian and Roger?!
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby Prescott » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:29 am

I dislike twangy country music. Hurts my ears. My husband dislikes Queen. He likes Trespassing better than For Your Entertainment. Feels that Adam has improved. No accounting for his taste in music when it comes to country music. We went to listen to a Bluegrass band the other night. Talk about terrible music. But he enjoyed it, so I went along. Actually I went for the food. But it doesn't mean that I will fight with him, or tell him to change the TV channel when he is listening to the CMT. He is entitled to his opinion. I have heard him listening to church music on You Tube. I go to another room when he's listening to music that I don't like. I will not criticize him for it, or tell him that it is garbage.

Prescott
Spread Your Wings

Postby Prescott » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:34 am

Personal opinion for some might dictate that Adam is above Freddie now. It is all how you feel as an individual. It is sad that we can't hear Freddie sing Trespassing or one of Adam's songs. That would be a fun experiment were it possible. I believe Adam is as good as Freddie or maybe even better at the 3 year point of both careers. My opinion. I'm not telling you that it has to be your opinion. Just voicing mine.

Prescott
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:39 am

Prescott wrote:I dislike twangy country music. Hurts my ears. My husband dislikes Queen. He likes Trespassing better than For Your Entertainment. Feels that Adam has improved. No accounting for his taste in music when it comes to country music. We went to listen to a Bluegrass band the other night. Talk about terrible music. But he enjoyed it, so I went along. Actually I went for the food. But it doesn't mean that I will fight with him, or tell him to change the TV channel when he is listening to the CMT. He is entitled to his opinion. I have heard him listening to church music on You Tube. I go to another room when he's listening to music that I don't like. I will not criticize him for it, or tell him that it is garbage.

Yet you will go to another room when he is listening to something you don't like. Too bad, while you are away, there might be something played you just might like, how on earth will you never know if you don't give it a chance?
You are living in a judgemental bubble. Bluegrass music is very good, but as your mind is already made up about it... :roll:
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby voodoogirl » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:51 am

Prescott wrote:Personal opinion for some might dictate that Adam is above Freddie now. It is all how you feel as an individual. It is sad that we can't hear Freddie sing Trespassing or one of Adam's songs. That would be a fun experiment were it possible. I believe Adam is as good as Freddie or maybe even better at the 3 year point of both careers. My opinion. I'm not telling you that it has to be your opinion. Just voicing mine.

Not disagreeing with the right to your opinion to think he's better than Freddie, I just find it disrespectful to Adam that it's posted here and not a thread on his site. The point after all for him to win new fans not turn them off, is it not?

Do we need a Jessie J is better than Adam or Jessie J is better than Freddie thread following the Olympics performance? It is just a bit ridiculous.

voodoogirl
The Show Must Go On

Postby Prescott » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:01 am

No, I have heard enough of it to know that I do not like it. Just as you do not really come across as caring for Adam, even though at times you say you do. You are entitled to how you feel. Everyone here is entitled to their opinions. The problems come up when belittling others comes into play. No one should be put down or belittled for their opinions. This crap about how Adam should hate his fans, or he looks like Liza, etc just to get a rise out of his fans is an old joke. If someone has nothing better to say, go there. Always good for a putdown. Always good to get someone to respond. Always good for a laugh at others expense.

Voodoogirl, the comments here are that Freddie is better than Adam, and that Adam will never be up to standard. I said I really like Freddie. I just happen to like Adam. And since it fits in with what is being written here AGAINST Adam, I thought I would voice MY OPINION. No disrespect to Freddie. But you come off as feeling Queen disrespected Freddie by even talking to Adam, let alone, heaven forbid, sing with him. I find that disrespectful to Brian and Roger. A lot of what has been written here on this total site, by Queen fans, disrespects Brian and Roger. That surprises me. Queen fans not liking Queen. I can not expect them to like Adam when they don't like Brian and Roger either.

Prescott
Spread Your Wings

Postby Rhapsody Blue » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:05 am

Prescott wrote:Personal opinion for some might dictate that Adam is above Freddie now. It is all how you feel as an individual. It is sad that we can't hear Freddie sing Trespassing or one of Adam's songs. That would be a fun experiment were it possible. I believe Adam is as good as Freddie or maybe even better at the 3 year point of both careers. My opinion. I'm not telling you that it has to be your opinion. Just voicing mine

I can't believe what I just read. Adam is above Freddie now? Oh dear. Let's start off easy.

Forget about the 3 year point, lets talk about the 1st year point and/or 1st album. What great songs did Adam write on his first album? Freddie wrote Seven Seas of Rhye and Liar.

I won't even mention the 2nd album because I don't want anyone to feel bad.
Those were the days of our lives, the bad things in life were so few, those days are all gone now.

Rhapsody Blue
Spread Your Wings

Postby Prescott » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:10 am

Since I'm not a fan of Jessie J's, and Brian and Roger are permitted to perform with whoever THEY wish, I don't care either way if they perform with her. Would I have liked Adam to be there? Sure. I suppose you better start a Jessie J thread so that the Queen fans who dislike Brian and Roger can post there also. Then they can move off of their hatred for Adam and his fans and start going after the next person in line. Maybe you will get a couple Jessie J's fans to post so they can be belittled also.

Rhapsody Blue, you are entitled to your opinion. Ask me if I care how you feel. :lol:

Prescott
Spread Your Wings

Postby lizg » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:13 am

Not disagreeing with the right to your opinion to think he's better than Freddie, I just find it disrespectful to Adam that it's posted here and not a thread on his site. The point after all for him to win new fans not turn them off, is it not?
[/quote]

I didn't bring this up on this thread. I just didn't appreciate the attitude that everyone must agree that Freddie is better than Adam in every way. Those people are not going to become a fan of Adam's anyway just because I pretend to agree Adam is a big loser. I've been around the block enough to know that.

lizg
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:13 am

Prescott wrote:No, I have heard enough of it to know that I do not like it. Just as you do not really come across as caring for Adam, even though at times you say you do. You are entitled to how you feel. Everyone here is entitled to their opinions. The problems come up when belittling others comes into play. No one should be put down or belittled for their opinions. This crap about how Adam should hate his fans, or he looks like Liza, etc just to get a rise out of his fans is an old joke. If someone has nothing better to say, go there. Always good for a putdown. Always good to get someone to respond. Always good for a laugh at others expense.

Voodoogirl, the comments here are that Freddie is better than Adam, and that Adam will never be up to standard. I said I really like Freddie. I just happen to like Adam. And since it fits in with what is being written here AGAINST Adam, I thought I would voice MY OPINION. No disrespect to Freddie. But you come off as feeling Queen disrespected Freddie by even talking to Adam, let alone, heaven forbid, sing with him. I find that disrespectful to Brian and Roger. A lot of what has been written here on this total site, by Queen fans, disrespects Brian and Roger. That surprises me. Queen fans not liking Queen. I can not expect them to like Adam when they don't like Brian and Roger either.

Not one Queen fan here is a step ford.
How do I have to go about in proving to you that I *care* for Adam? Again you weren't there when I bought FYE, rooted for him on AI, etc. I've said nothing about Adam looking like Liza.
Adam will never,ever be in the same league as Freddie. How when his career is based on singing other people's music more than his own. After a handful of shows with Brian and Roger, or were you thinking that al along?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

PreviousNext

Return to Dear Friends