Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby voodoogirl » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:14 am

Prescott wrote:No, I have heard enough of it to know that I do not like it. Just as you do not really come across as caring for Adam, even though at times you say you do. You are entitled to how you feel. Everyone here is entitled to their opinions. The problems come up when belittling others comes into play. No one should be put down or belittled for their opinions. This crap about how Adam should hate his fans, or he looks like Liza, etc just to get a rise out of his fans is an old joke. If someone has nothing better to say, go there. Always good for a putdown. Always good to get someone to respond. Always good for a laugh at others expense.

Voodoogirl, the comments here are that Freddie is better than Adam, and that Adam will never be up to standard. I said I really like Freddie. I just happen to like Adam. And since it fits in with what is being written here AGAINST Adam, I thought I would voice MY OPINION. No disrespect to Freddie. But you come off as feeling Queen disrespected Freddie by even talking to Adam, let alone, heaven forbid, sing with him. I find that disrespectful to Brian and Roger. A lot of what has been written here on this total site, by Queen fans, disrespects Brian and Roger. That surprises me. Queen fans not liking Queen. I can not expect them to like Adam when they don't like Brian and Roger either.


Nope, not at all. You'll not find one post by me here that says that, if you read back I already said I would go to a US show. I'm not against the collab and I never thought Brian and Roger should pack it up and retire following Freddie's death, I'm quite supportive of them. You missed my point.
 
voodoogirl
The Show Must Go On
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 1417
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:06 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 142 times

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby FreddiesShootingStar » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:15 am


It's over, let's call it a day!! :P ;) :biggrin:
*LOASA's Most Obsessed Mercurian 2010/Co-winner 2011/2012*
 
FreddiesShootingStar
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 

*Guaranteed to blow your mind!!*

      
 
Posts: 3885
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:13 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 411 times
Been thanked: 252 times

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby Writergirl » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:17 am

FreddiesShootingStar wrote:
It's over, let's call it a day!! :P ;) :biggrin:


:D
Hear Hear!!!
 
Writergirl
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:28 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby Sir Knute » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:18 am

Rhapsody Blue wrote:
Prescott wrote:Personal opinion for some might dictate that Adam is above Freddie now. It is all how you feel as an individual. It is sad that we can't hear Freddie sing Trespassing or one of Adam's songs. That would be a fun experiment were it possible. I believe Adam is as good as Freddie or maybe even better at the 3 year point of both careers. My opinion. I'm not telling you that it has to be your opinion. Just voicing mine


I can't believe what I just read. Adam is above Freddie now? Oh dear. Let's start off easy.

Forget about the 3 year point, lets talk about the 1st year point and/or 1st album. What great songs did Adam write on his first album? Freddie wrote Seven Seas of Rhye and Liar.

I won't even mention the 2nd album because I don't want anyone to feel bad.


I know. It's unbelievable
I knew eventually the Glamberts wouldn't be able to contain themselves and the truth would come out. They are so freaking obsessed with him that they can't even stand it when Queen fans on a Queen site express the blatantly obvious... which is Freddie Mercury is fucking miles above Lambert in accomplishment and talent.

Give me a break. What honest-to-god fan of arguably the greatest frontman in rock history would ever accept that he is a notch beneath Adam fucking Lambert? :lol: It's unreal!
All Queen is to these Glamberts is essentially the vehicle by which ohhhh sooo dreamy and delicious Adam Lambert has decided to bestow upon his greatness.
 
Sir Knute
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:08 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby icy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:26 am

Sir Knute wrote:
Rhapsody Blue wrote:
I can't believe what I just read. Adam is above Freddie now? Oh dear. Let's start off easy.

Forget about the 3 year point, lets talk about the 1st year point and/or 1st album. What great songs did Adam write on his first album? Freddie wrote Seven Seas of Rhye and Liar.

I won't even mention the 2nd album because I don't want anyone to feel bad.


I know. It's unbelievable
I knew eventually the Glamberts wouldn't be able to contain themselves and the truth would come out. They are so freaking obsessed with him that they can't even stand it when Queen fans on a Queen site express the blatantly obvious... which is Freddie Mercury is fucking miles above Lambert in accomplishment and talent.

Give me a break. What honest-to-god fan of arguably the greatest frontman in rock history would ever accept that he is a notch beneath Adam fucking Lambert? :lol: It's unreal!
All Queen is to these Glamberts is essentially the vehicle by which ohhhh sooo dreamy and delicious Adam Lambert has decided to bestow upon his greatness.

:agreepost: :agreepost: with you both.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16424
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 562 times

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby Prescott » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:27 am

Would love to call it a day. People here that don't like Adam twist anything said to get as many digs in as possible. There is no fan of Adam's here that feels they can convert anyone. Never my attempt. You like who you like. Why should I care? I find it interesting that I'm not allowed to voice my opinions without taking crap for it. And to respond to posts against Adam, sacrilegious. Everyone MUST agree that Adam is not good enough to polish the museum'd shoes of Freddie. Well, Adam is alive and well. I'm sorry Freddie isn't. May Adam live a long and great life despite what a few supposed Queen fans may say. Is he better than Freddie? That is all personal preference. You are entitled to your opinion. Allow me to be entitled to mine.
 
Prescott
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby lizg » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:33 am

icy wrote:
Prescott wrote:No, I have heard enough of it to know that I do not like it. Just as you do not really come across as caring for Adam, even though at times you say you do. You are entitled to how you feel. Everyone here is entitled to their opinions. The problems come up when belittling others comes into play. No one should be put down or belittled for their opinions. This crap about how Adam should hate his fans, or he looks like Liza, etc just to get a rise out of his fans is an old joke. If someone has nothing better to say, go there. Always good for a putdown. Always good to get someone to respond. Always good for a laugh at others expense.

Voodoogirl, the comments here are that Freddie is better than Adam, and that Adam will never be up to standard. I said I really like Freddie. I just happen to like Adam. And since it fits in with what is being written here AGAINST Adam, I thought I would voice MY OPINION. No disrespect to Freddie. But you come off as feeling Queen disrespected Freddie by even talking to Adam, let alone, heaven forbid, sing with him. I find that disrespectful to Brian and Roger. A lot of what has been written here on this total site, by Queen fans, disrespects Brian and Roger. That surprises me. Queen fans not liking Queen. I can not expect them to like Adam when they don't like Brian and Roger either.

Not one Queen fan here is a step ford.
How do I have to go about in proving to you that I *care* for Adam? Again you weren't there when I bought FYE, rooted for him on AI, etc. I've said nothing about Adam looking like Liza.
Adam will never,ever be in the same league as Freddie. How when his career is based on singing other people's music more than his own. After a handful of shows with Brian and Roger, or were you thinking that al along?


I'm not just a bean counter, Icy. I don't have to see numbers to know whether I see a great singer and entertainer or not. I knew Adam was and exceptional singer/entertainer early on. Some have said Adam is the most under-rated singer/entertainer of our time (one was a Queen fan after a Hammersmith show).

The I Want to Break Free video got banned in America and flopped because America didn't see a connection to a show it was paradying. They thought it was an acceptance being a transvestite and admission that Freddie was bi. What does that say about beans? Not much!
 
lizg
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 339
Images: 0
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:12 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby icy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:37 am

Prescott wrote:Would love to call it a day. People here that don't like Adam twist anything said to get as many digs in as possible. There is no fan of Adam's here that feels they can convert anyone. Never my attempt. You like who you like. Why should I care? I find it interesting that I'm not allowed to voice my opinions without taking crap for it. And to respond to posts against Adam, sacrilegious. Everyone MUST agree that Adam is not good enough to polish the museum'd shoes of Freddie. Well, Adam is alive and well. I'm sorry Freddie isn't. May Adam live a long and great life despite what a few supposed Queen fans may say. Is he better than Freddie? That is all personal preference. You are entitled to your opinion. Allow me to be entitled to mine.

Believe me some Adam fans got digs in to some of us mean, old Queen fans as well! How very open minded...not.
Sure you are entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to tell you that you are wrong on so many levels. That's not me/anyone giving you crap, it's a fact from me to you.
ETA~the mean, old Queen fans bit was said sarcastically, but I think Queen fans know that :P
Last edited by icy on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16424
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 562 times

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby Rhapsody Blue » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:38 am

Prescott wrote:I believe Adam is as good as Freddie or maybe even better at the 3 year point of both careers.


Well you are no fun. I was willing to go year by year. You won't even take me up on the 1st year. Each year became better. I'm trying to be fair but do you realize how wrong you are in your statement?

This was one of the earliest live performances by Queen. Freddie was very green here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDzEGqY33B8

Look, everyone has a right to their opinion but please don't voice your opinion in public or you will be shut down pretty quickly.
Those were the days of our lives, the bad things in life were so few, those days are all gone now.
 
Rhapsody Blue
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:42 pm
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby lizg » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:44 am

icy wrote:
Prescott wrote:Would love to call it a day. People here that don't like Adam twist anything said to get as many digs in as possible. There is no fan of Adam's here that feels they can convert anyone. Never my attempt. You like who you like. Why should I care? I find it interesting that I'm not allowed to voice my opinions without taking crap for it. And to respond to posts against Adam, sacrilegious. Everyone MUST agree that Adam is not good enough to polish the museum'd shoes of Freddie. Well, Adam is alive and well. I'm sorry Freddie isn't. May Adam live a long and great life despite what a few supposed Queen fans may say. Is he better than Freddie? That is all personal preference. You are entitled to your opinion. Allow me to be entitled to mine.

Believe me some Adam fans got digs in to some of us mean, old Queen fans as well! How very open minded...not.
Sure you are entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to tell you that you are wrong on so many levels. That's not me/anyone giving you crap, it's a fact from me to you.


On what level is it a fact? Is it a fact Freddie is a better entertainer? A better singer? No, not fact at all.
 
lizg
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 339
Images: 0
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:12 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby icy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:50 am

lizg wrote:
icy wrote:
Prescott wrote:Would love to call it a day. People here that don't like Adam twist anything said to get as many digs in as possible. There is no fan of Adam's here that feels they can convert anyone. Never my attempt. You like who you like. Why should I care? I find it interesting that I'm not allowed to voice my opinions without taking crap for it. And to respond to posts against Adam, sacrilegious. Everyone MUST agree that Adam is not good enough to polish the museum'd shoes of Freddie. Well, Adam is alive and well. I'm sorry Freddie isn't. May Adam live a long and great life despite what a few supposed Queen fans may say. Is he better than Freddie? That is all personal preference. You are entitled to your opinion. Allow me to be entitled to mine.

Believe me some Adam fans got digs in to some of us mean, old Queen fans as well! How very open minded...not.
Sure you are entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to tell you that you are wrong on so many levels. That's not me/anyone giving you crap, it's a fact from me to you.


On what level is it a fact? Is it a fact Freddie is a better entertainer? A better singer? No, not fact at all.

It's well known in music circles ;)
I wish some of you Adam fans took the time in talking with Queen fans here/reading about the bands history, then you would know it's a fact. Then again, maybe not as some of your minds is sadly set via a guy whose career is mostly based on cover songs.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
We Are The Champions
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 16424
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 562 times

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby Rhapsody Blue » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:52 am

lizg wrote:Is it a fact Freddie is a better entertainer? A better singer? No, not fact at all.


OH DEAR!!!!! I think I'm getting a headache. 8)
Those were the days of our lives, the bad things in life were so few, those days are all gone now.
 
Rhapsody Blue
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:42 pm
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby Sir Knute » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:55 am

Prescott wrote:I believe Adam is as good as Freddie or maybe even better at the 3 year point of both careers.


:lol:
Lord have mercy!
Television is truly the opiate of the masses. Rotting the brain and impairing judgement.

How can anyone write that sentence, sit back, read it, truly believe it, then have the cheek to post it on a Queen fansite. I'm willing to bet it would even get a lot raised eyebrows on a Glambert fansite.

I'll give you one bit of credit Prescott, at least you don't parade around here with a Queen avatar.
 
Sir Knute
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:08 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby randomguyintexas » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:00 am

Based on what the conversation here has become I almost feel as if I'm posting off topic because this question isn't related to comparing Adam to Freddie. At the end of the Hammersmith shows Adam is wearing a shirt with the words "Black Bohemian Rhapsody" on the back. Is that referencing the "Killer Black Queen Version" of BoRap from 1975 at Hammersmith? Was that shirt sold at that (or another) concert? Adam has worn the same shirt previously in videos I've seen.

For what it's worth, I've been a Queen fan all my life although I came here because I'm an Adam fan. If Q+AL comes to the US I'll go, but comparing him to Freddie is ridiculous.
 
randomguyintexas
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:02 am
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Hammersmith Apollo 11th,12th,14th July

Postby Prescott » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:04 am

Believe me some Adam fans got digs in to some of us mean, old Queen fans as well! How very open minded...not.
Sure you are entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to tell you that you are wrong on so many levels. That's not me/anyone giving you crap, it's a fact from me to you.
ETA~the mean, old Queen fans bit was said sarcastically, but I think Queen fans know that :P

Right, if I tell you that what you say is wrong on so many levels, I am a bad Adam fan. How dare I say something like that. It is a 2 way street. And most of the hateful posts against Adam and Adam's fans are only to get a rise. There are many pot stirrers here, and not from the Glamberts as the supposed Queen fans state. Carry On, Carry On. You all give me something to laugh at when I read the hatred in your posts over something like Adam singing with Queen. "How stupid could Brian and Roger get? Why should they have fun at their old ages? Why didn't they die with Freddie? They aren't permitted to use the Queen name". At least Adam's fans are loyal to Adam and grateful to Brian and Roger for their support. It is truly a shame that a good majority of the Queen fan's here do not feel the same. Their loyalty to THEIR idols is appalling.
 
Prescott
Spread Your Wings
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:58 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

PreviousNext

Return to Dear Friends

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest