Possible DVD of the Hammersmith show?

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Re: Possible DVD of the Hammersmith show?

Postby BitterTears » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:12 pm

I can appreciate why some people might not like the a 2012 Hammersmith DVD bundled with the 75 or 79 concerts but I'm all for it if the alternative is them not being released.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby InnuendoSilly » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:55 am

I know that Hammersmith apollo show 2012 recorded, and I have questions.
Questions for Administrator who knows better than we.

Will be shot on the video all three concerts at the Hammersmith Apollo 2012?
Are there any plans to release this concert later? Please tell, Hammersmith Odeon 1975 are there plans for release with this shows?

InnuendoSilly
Spread Your Wings

Postby Administrator » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:07 am

As most of you know, these day we pretty much film EVERYTHING. There is no guarantee that it will be released as a product, but best to be safe and record it anyway. There are no current plans to release the shows with AL. I can also 99% guarantee that we would NOT put the 2012 and 1975 shows together.

Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Lemmy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:09 am

Administrator wrote:As most of you know, these day we pretty much film EVERYTHING. There is no guarantee that it will be released as a product, but best to be safe and record it anyway. There are no current plans to release the shows with AL. I can also 99% guarantee that we would NOT put the 2012 and 1975 shows together.

:agreepost:

Lemmy
Spread Your Wings

Postby Markholland » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:09 am

Administrator wrote:There are no current plans to release the shows with AL. I can also 99% guarantee that we would NOT put the 2012 and 1975 shows together.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Markholland

Postby InnuendoSilly » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:13 am

Administrator wrote:As most of you know, these day we pretty much film EVERYTHING. There is no guarantee that it will be released as a product, but best to be safe and record it anyway. There are no current plans to release the shows with AL. I can also 99% guarantee that we would NOT put the 2012 and 1975 shows together.

Thank you for quick answer. there are plans release Hammersmith Odeon 1975 DVD this year, or this put for DVD-box set?

InnuendoSilly
Spread Your Wings

Postby InnuendoSilly » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:40 pm

How about answer on my question concerning Hammersmith 1975 DVD? there are plans release Hammersmith Odeon 1975 DVD this year, or this put for DVD-box set?

InnuendoSilly
Spread Your Wings

Postby The Sixpence » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:27 pm

That still leaves a 1% chance though...that's too high a number for me!

The Sixpence

Postby magicshoes » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:40 pm

The Sixpence wrote:That still leaves a 1% chance though...that's too high a number for me!

The sheer negative energy from some of the old school Queen fans is a real turn off.

I'm not even an AL fan and I'm starting to feel badly for how you guys slag him off for no apparent reason other than you just seem to be a nasty bunch.

I'd rather have the Original Queen at Hammersmith if given the choice but if they released both I'd probably pick up the AL one too just because Brian and Roger seem to be having such a great time and are playing better than I've heard them in years.
My Soul is painted like the wings of butterflies

magicshoes
The Show Must Go On

Postby Writergirl » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:23 pm

Administrator wrote:As most of you know, these day we pretty much film EVERYTHING. There is no guarantee that it will be released as a product, but best to be safe and record it anyway. There are no current plans to release the shows with AL.

Just for clarification - there are no plans to release the QAL concert(s) at the Hammersmith as a DVD? None at all? I'm just asking because some people think that a DVD is being definitely planned for release, because of the signs they saw on the Hammersmith's doors asking people not to film because the show was being recorded.

Thank you!

Writergirl
Spread Your Wings

Postby Mithril » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:49 pm

eiricd wrote:it was bound to happen

so I guess they'll be wearing the same outfits each night for continuity? :)

as a previous poster said; I hope they don't make the massive mistake of putting it together with other possible hammersmith dvds. wouldn't surprise me though :|

and as another poster said; this will be the first official Queen dvd I'm not going to buy.
perhaps I'll, *cough*, obtain it another way, and make a compilation of the moments WITHOUT the reality tv guy

This cracks me up. I'm sure Q+AL will be sobbing all the way to the bank because you didn't pay for the dvd. I'm sure they've never encountered piracy in this day and age and will be shocked, shocked I tell you. Better yet maybe they'll say 'wow, why didn't we think of that - using an Idol maybe wasn't such a good idea, now that we give it some serious thought' and can the whole idea because 3 guys online don't like the idea. Yeah, that's gonna happen. Preparation H works great for butthurt, by the way.
I promise I'll get off your lawn, Mister, as soon as I get my ball... And my frisbee... And my boomerang... And my cat... :P

Mithril
We Will Rock You

Postby Mithril » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:56 pm

Writergirl wrote:
Administrator wrote:As most of you know, these day we pretty much film EVERYTHING. There is no guarantee that it will be released as a product, but best to be safe and record it anyway. There are no current plans to release the shows with AL.

Just for clarification - there are no plans to release the QAL concert(s) at the Hammersmith as a DVD? None at all? I'm just asking because some people think that a DVD is being definitely planned for release, because of the signs they saw on the Hammersmith's doors asking people not to film because the show was being recorded.

Thank you!

As a marketer I can tell you this is the standard 'we have nothing to add at this time' marketing reply. Personally, I think they'll release it because there are a whole lot of AL fans that will purchase, and probably several times that many Queen fans who will as well. Oh, and of course there will be 3 Queen fans and numerous Idolberts who won't, but that won't change the cost/benefit analysis at all. IMO, of course.
I promise I'll get off your lawn, Mister, as soon as I get my ball... And my frisbee... And my boomerang... And my cat... :P

Mithril
We Will Rock You

Postby Markholland » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:57 pm

Could some one please explain to me where this term butthurt comes from?
I've seen it a couple of times now on this forum and I'm sure it's meant negatively but I don't get what it's supposed to mean?

Last time my butt hurt I sat on a nail.

Markholland

Postby Administrator » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:06 pm

Writergirl wrote:

Thank you!

Read what I said...."There are no current plans to release the shows with AL". So clearly this COULD change, we have filmed it and that is it, we have other releases lined up before we would get to this IF, it were to be released. It's not a NEVER, its just there are no plans at this moment in time to release anything.

Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Mithril » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:32 pm

Markholland wrote:Could some one please explain to me where this term butthurt comes from?
I've seen it a couple of times now on this forum and I'm sure it's meant negatively but I don't get what it's supposed to mean?

Last time my butt hurt I sat on a nail.

lolol! Butthurt is an online meme to describe when anonymous online people (at any forum or blog, etc.) get all angry and irritable because some other online people don't agree with them. It's all so silly, and yet very, very real. Online anonymity apparently exacerbates and exaggerates butthurt ;)

The Butthurt meme goes back to 1999 and is commonly used on the Idol forums. There's a great 'Butthurt report form' online (more info below) where you report the circumstances of your butthurt as though filing for workman's compensation. It's hillarious in its trivial and trite attention to irrelevant details that get blown out of proportion online.

The term 'bert' was definitely coined by AL fans. Lambert fans (or Glamberts) shortened that to simply bert. It's used as a noun (bert = fan) and also as a verb (to bert = to flail = to enjoy whatever your artist is doing). Lots of other groups and media have now picked up on this word and use it commonly, especially in its verb form. This could only happen with a fandom that's as large and involved (online and off) as AL's.

Edit1: This would explain why some people here, at at the hammersmith, made reference to 'Queenberts' - AL fans that either have always been Queen fans as well, or new Queen fans brought to the table by AL's presence. Queenbert could simply mean 'fan of Queen' but in this case no doubt means 'fan of Queen + AL'.

Edit2: I found some stuff on the butthurt report form that's hillarious. Here's a short definition and example:

A "butthurt report form," as you can see from the image below, is a way of mocking people who get offended by things they see online.

For example, under the headline "please tell us more about the incident of butthurt," you can check off options such as "Someone made a blog post that I didn't agree with," and "Someone wrote a story or anecdote that brought up Bad Memories and made me cry."

Apparently someone filled out this form and faxed it to the Gov. of Arizona when they tried to pass legislation to censor electronic speech, with the following summary: "We feel like the US should probably just vote Arizona out of the union," one of the recent posts from "YourAnonNews" says. "Especially now with the #ButthurtLaw #HB2549 passed."

You can grab a pdf version of the Butthurt Report form at:

http://www.xecutionrs.com/files/-xecuti ... t-form.pdf.

Here's the contents of the form (unformated - the ticky boxes didn't c/p):

BUTTHURT REPORT FORM
(INTERNET VERSION)

Provided Free of Charge by the –xeCuTioNRs

Name of Butthurtee: _______________________
Date and time that you experienced butthurt:
(YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM)
______-___-___ ___:___

PLEASE DESCRIBE THE NATURE OF THE BUTTHURT. (Check all that apply)
Chat Room
Comment Thread
Blog Post
In Game Communication
Console Message
Other (Please specify.) _________________________________

PLEASE TELL US MORE ABOUT THE INCIDENT OF BUTTHURT
Someone made fun of my playing style.
Someone made references to my sister/mother/grandmother or other relative.
Someone invoked Bad childhood memories.
I found out my internet-boyfriend/girlfriend is cheating on me using an alias.
I made a rookie/retarded mistake and feel should not be made fun of for such acts.
I lost an argument/yelling match in a video game.
I asked what I was doing wrong and got more than I wanted.
Other (Please describe. Please attach another sheet as necessary.) ____________________________________________________________

(Y) (N) Were tears produced?
(Y) (N) Was there permanent mental scarring from the butthurt?
(Y) (N) Was there any loss of sleep from the butthurt?
(Y) (N) Did you miss work or arrive late to work because of the butthurt?
(Y) (N) Were you forced to employ a Coping Mechanism, such as switching off your (insert electronic device type here) and going outside for
a while too “chill out”?
(Y) (N) Were there emergency phone calls or text messages that cost you minutes/money?
(Y) (N) Was there any incident of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome resulting from you typing up long-ass Butthurt Rebuttals?

PLEASE TELL US MORE ABOUT THE PERSON/GROUP WHO CAUSE THE BUTTHURT.
They are a big mean poopy pants who should be banned from the internet forever or at least until they learn that I am right and superior and they are
wrong and should bow down and worship me now.
They deserve to be hunted down like a dog and shot dead on their own front porch.
They and their spawn deserve to be rounded up and herded into concentration camps.
There should be laws to punish people like that.
They should be kicked out of America, because we’re the home of the free and we just don’t DO shit like that here.
They should be just as accountable for their actions online as they are in the real world, and also so I can have access to all their personal information so I
can stalk them.
All of the above.

DID YOU TAKE ANY ACTIONS YOURSELF REGARDING THE BUTTHURT?
I wrote a six thousand word response detailing the extent of my butthurt and emailed/messaged/blogged it to the giver of my butthurt.
I reported them to a higher power, The (insert online gaming electronic device) Customer Service Center.
I used a spam program to send them multiple flame emails.
I organized a DDoS attack on their server/website.
I got all my bestest friends together to send mean messages to them.
I hacked/stole their online identity and did nasty/unspeakable things with/to it.
I posted this person’s real life information everywhere I could think of: they’ll get a Molotov cocktail through the bedroom window sooner or later, and
that’ll teach ‘em to mess with me.
I realized that arguing on the internet is usually pointless and found something else to do with my time
Last edited by Mithril on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mithril
We Will Rock You

PreviousNext

Return to Dear Friends