Possible DVD of the Hammersmith show?

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Re: Possible DVD of the Hammersmith show?

Postby InnuendoSilly » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:38 pm

Administrator wrote:
Writergirl wrote:
Administrator wrote:As most of you know, these day we pretty much film EVERYTHING. There is no guarantee that it will be released as a product, but best to be safe and record it anyway. There are no current plans to release the shows with AL.

Just for clarification - there are no plans to release the QAL concert(s) at the Hammersmith as a DVD? None at all? I'm just asking because some people think that a DVD is being definitely planned for release, because of the signs they saw on the Hammersmith's doors asking people not to film because the show was being recorded.

Thank you!

Read what I said...."There are no current plans to release the shows with AL". So clearly this COULD change, we have filmed it and that is it, we have other releases lined up before we would get to this IF, it were to be released. It's not a NEVER, its just there are no plans at this moment in time to release anything.

============================================================================
Aren`t there plans release even Hammersmith Odeon 1975 on DVD?

InnuendoSilly
Spread Your Wings

Postby BitterTears » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:44 pm

I figured the QAL concert might be the 3rd of the 3 releases we're getting but obviously not. We know one is the Freddie stuff, Budapest is as good as confirmed so what is the 3rd one I wonder. They wouldn't release 2 concert DVDs in consecutive months anyway...or would they?

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby The Sixpence » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:44 pm

magicshoes wrote:
The Sixpence wrote:That still leaves a 1% chance though...that's too high a number for me!

The sheer negative energy from some of the old school Queen fans is a real turn off.

I'm not even an AL fan and I'm starting to feel badly for how you guys slag him off for no apparent reason other than you just seem to be a nasty bunch.

I'd rather have the Original Queen at Hammersmith if given the choice but if they released both I'd probably pick up the AL one too just because Brian and Roger seem to be having such a great time and are playing better than I've heard them in years.

I don't like him because I don't like his voice. Simple as that. I do not enjoy the way he sings Queen songs for that reason. Nothing more nothing less, so why would I waste my money on buying a DVD that would never be watched?

I totally get Roger and Brian wanted to play live and to do that they needed a singer. Indeed, when I watched the Kiev concert it was great to see them enjoying themselves but the highlights of the show were the times Lambert wasn't singing and Bri and Rog were or doing their solo's. For me they didn't pick a singer that appeals to me. If he appeals to others than that's great for them. I liked Paul Rodgers but know he wasn't everyon'e s cup of tea. Horses for courses really.

The Sixpence

Postby soxtalon » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:16 pm

InnuendoSilly wrote:Read what I said...."There are no current plans to release the shows with AL". So clearly this COULD change, we have filmed it and that is it, we have other releases lined up before we would get to this IF, it were to be released. It's not a NEVER, its just there are no plans at this moment in time to release anything.

Aren`t there plans release even Hammersmith Odeon 1975 on DVD?[/quote]

You've asked about 10 times in different places all over the board. When NIck has an answer for you, he will post it. Asking him 10 more times isn't going to make him answer. He gives what information he can give and he does so as he's allowed to do it.

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Promite » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:52 pm

At the risk of being annoying may I speculate that the chances of a DVD go up slightly if the split leather pants get repaired and put in an appearance on Saturday?

#costumecontinuity

Promite
We Will Rock You

Postby Montavilla » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:12 pm

Promite wrote:At the risk of being annoying may I speculate that the chances of a DVD go up slightly if the split leather pants get repaired and put in an appearance on Saturday?

#costumecontinuity

I expect they will be repaired and show up again. That final costume was obviously thrown together. At least, it was obvious to me -- especially when Adam had to pull down the T-shirt. Adam is surprisingly shy about his midriff -- you never see him shirtless from the shoulders down.

So, it's repair the pants or buy new ones.
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby The Sixpence » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:41 am

soxtalon wrote:
InnuendoSilly wrote:Read what I said...."There are no current plans to release the shows with AL". So clearly this COULD change, we have filmed it and that is it, we have other releases lined up before we would get to this IF, it were to be released. It's not a NEVER, its just there are no plans at this moment in time to release anything.

Aren`t there plans release even Hammersmith Odeon 1975 on DVD?

You've asked about 10 times in different places all over the board. When NIck has an answer for you, he will post it. Asking him 10 more times isn't going to make him answer. He gives what information he can give and he does so as he's allowed to do it.[/quote]

He's already had an answer to this elsewhere but for some reason keeps on asking it over and over again...the answer is there are no plans for Hammersmith to be released on DVD this year.

The Sixpence

Postby UKGlambert » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:27 pm

LOVE the post by Magicshoes :)

If Queen has no intention of releasing them then why can't Adams camp have the opportunity? When the shows were on, Adams fans were willing to pay for it to be streamed online and money to benefit Freddies Aids Charity. Could the same thing not be done with the footage I guarentee a fortune is there for the asking

UKGlambert
Spread Your Wings

Postby voodoogirl » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:14 pm

UKGlambert wrote:LOVE the post by Magicshoes :)

If Queen has no intention of releasing them then why can't Adams camp have the opportunity? When the shows were on, Adams fans were willing to pay for it to be streamed online and money to benefit Freddies Aids Charity. Could the same thing not be done with the footage I guarentee a fortune is there for the asking

It's not as easy as it sounds. Distribution, marketing, revenue share and a thousand other things have to be ironed out. Brian and Roger would want control or at least input on editing and sound, etc. They have other priorities.

voodoogirl
The Show Must Go On

Postby soxtalon » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:26 pm

1. It was as Adam put it "the Queen show". Not an Adam show. The guest performer doesn't put out the show. Likewise if Brian showed up at an Adam show, Brian wouldn't release it.

2. Adams camp didn't film it. They don't own the film.

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby The Sixpence » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:06 pm

They should let Adam release it - it'll be mainly his fans buying it!

The Sixpence

Postby CNB » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:50 pm

I would like and would buy a DVD of the Hammersmith show, but my favorite of the 6 shows is still the first one in Kiev with that massive outdoor audience and the beautifully lit up buildings. There are youtubes of that whole show that I play on my computer while I am doing other things around the house. I don't need to watch it, but love listening to it. There is one drawback to the Kiev show that the sound system wasn't working well in the very beginning on Adam's mike for the opening sequence of The Seven Seas of Rhye and Keep Yourself Alive.

I spoke too soon -- I just found out about another version of the Kiev show that has much better sound and visuals than the one I had been watching:

I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby MyMorningJacket » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:06 pm

Administrator wrote:As most of you know, these day we pretty much film EVERYTHING. There is no guarantee that it will be released as a product, but best to be safe and record it anyway. There are no current plans to release the shows with AL. I can also 99% guarantee that we would NOT put the 2012 and 1975 shows together.

During the 2005 shows with Paul Rodgers was the same thing? Did Queen film pretty much of the outdoor gigs?! How about the sound recordings? Do they exist?

It's a shame that these gigs stay locked somewhere! It would be nice to see some of them on DVD or CD! Paul Rodgers and Adam Lamberts!

MyMorningJacket
Spread Your Wings

Postby Michael Allred » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:29 pm

voodoogirl wrote:

It's not as easy as it sounds. Distribution, marketing, revenue share and a thousand other things have to be ironed out. Brian and Roger would want control or at least input on editing and sound, etc. They have other priorities.

So have Justin handle the mixing, submit to the guys for approval and the main issue has been dealt with, it hardly needs Brian and Roger spending massive amounts of time. Lambert has a huge and ridiculously dedicated fanbase in the US, a DVD/CD/Blu-Ray release would sell VERY well here. When it comes to making money, the "thousands of other things" can be dealt with very fast.
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.

Michael Allred
We Will Rock You

Previous

Return to Dear Friends