Q+AL Merchandise

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Q+AL Merchandise

Postby Red_Special » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:25 pm

Does anyone have any info on what the tour shirts (if any) are like for this mini tour?

Red_Special
Spread Your Wings

Re: Q+AL Merchandise

Postby soxtalon » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:26 pm

I saw a few from previous gigs - basically the crest on a black shirt and on the back Queen & Adam Lambert and the dates.

Brian wore a red one in Moscow but I don't think it was an offical shirt...it was a fanclub army shirt or something.

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Red_Special » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:34 pm

Cool, thanks Soxtalon! :)

I'll have a good look tomorrow night!

Red_Special
Spread Your Wings

Postby agkelly » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:29 am

There were also fellas selling unofficial t-shirts outside after tonight's gig for £10 each. Official ones are £25 each. I'm not condoning the selling of the unofficial gear, by the way, just letting people know there are options.

agkelly
Spread Your Wings

Postby The Sixpence » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:29 pm

Were the new Brian May Queen 3D cards on sale last night then?

The Sixpence

Postby magicshoes » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:36 pm

R-F-M wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but the programs were £25 weren't they?

Not wanting to be a party popper (I had a great time last night and the show is stunning) but £25 for a programme is disgraceful. It's impossible to know how much they cost to print without knowing the print run but for arguments sake a thousand would be in the region of £1.80 per unit. They're likely to have printed a lot more.

A lot of people (me included) gave it a miss. Flog them for £10 and you'd still make a tidy profit, probably double the sales and retain some goodwill into the bargain.

That is very expensive for a program. I've purchased concert programs before here in the States and they are usually between 20-25 U.S. dollars. I wouldn't pay close to $40 U.S. for a program though.

The concert shirts about about the same here though - between $35-40 U.S. dollars.
My Soul is painted like the wings of butterflies

magicshoes
The Show Must Go On

Postby cyllan » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:37 pm

R-F-M wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but the programs were £25 weren't they?

Not wanting to be a party popper (I had a great time last night and the show is stunning) but £25 for a programme is disgraceful. It's impossible to know how much they cost to print without knowing the print run but for arguments sake a thousand would be in the region of £1.80 per unit. They're likely to have printed a lot more.

A lot of people (me included) gave it a miss. Flog them for £10 and you'd still make a tidy profit, probably double the sales and retain some goodwill into the bargain.

You are wrong - the programmes were £15.

cyllan
Spread Your Wings

Postby Administrator » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:01 pm

Merch will be available in the online store soon.

Administrator
Site Admin

Postby The Sixpence » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:45 pm

Administrator wrote:Merch will be available in the online store soon.

Does that include the Elmo coat?

The Sixpence

Postby Montavilla » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:15 pm

The Sixpence wrote:

I saw a number of tweets begging for that coat to be sold in the merchandise booth. But it's a designer coat and probably cost more than a few thousand dollars.

I just tried to find a retail price, but the Blonds don't appear to have an online shop. That'll give an indication of how expensive it is. I suppose, given some time, there could be a cheap knock-off sold.
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby Mithril » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:59 pm

Montavilla wrote:
The Sixpence wrote:

I saw a number of tweets begging for that coat to be sold in the merchandise booth. But it's a designer coat and probably cost more than a few thousand dollars.

I just tried to find a retail price, but the Blonds don't appear to have an online shop. That'll give an indication of how expensive it is. I suppose, given some time, there could be a cheap knock-off sold.

Designer fashion is meant to be copied in an inexpensive/modified way to sell to the masses, so perhaps the Blonds themselves will license an inexpensive and synthetic-fabric version of this for merchandising purposes.

The high-fashion originals are always expensive and usually/often one-offs, owned by celebrities or loaned to them for red carpet events in order to publicize the designer. More moderate versions of these designs, made with less expensive fabrics and more conservative cuts, etc. are then licensed to large retailers. This is how seasonal fashions are disseminated down the channel to consumers. When you see a buyer from Old Navy at a fashion show, they are looking for designs that can be modified specifically for their market demographics. The Jackie Smith line at JC Penny's is an example of this. Higher end retailers (exclusive resorts, etc.) may be looking to buy an extensive line of resort wear using the designers' originals, but those are marketed to upscale, well-to-do consumers.
I promise I'll get off your lawn, Mister, as soon as I get my ball... And my frisbee... And my boomerang... And my cat... :P

Mithril
We Will Rock You

Postby play it cool » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:50 pm

Here's a shot I took of a smaller merchandise stall upstairs - out of shot is another 'Queen On Tour' retro style generic shirt with no mention of AL. The 3D cards plus viewer were yours for just £30 - they were flying off the shelves like hot-cakes. Not. :mrgreen:

There were more shirts available downstairs, including an ANATO style one. I've got dozens and dozens of tour-shirts, including Queen ones going back to 1982. I don't wear any of them anymoew and so have stopped buying.

play it cool
We Will Rock You

Postby Bijou » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:43 am

I didn't look at the merchandise inside or outside by the men yelling at the top of their voices. I have a Queen top so I don't need one that looks like a Halloween costume (that yellow one above).

Bijou
We Will Rock You

Return to Dear Friends