Message to the twats, front left at Thursday's gig

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Re: Message to the twats, front left at Thursday's gig

Postby Bijou » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:53 pm

FreddiesWhiteDove wrote:
Bijou wrote:That looks more or less where I was standing. Can't say I noticed him. People were actually pretty polite I thought. No pushing and shoving and when I went out to get a drink about halfway through past all the dancing, people apologised for knocking me with their arms which was nice.

When I was filming, the man in front of me swayed one arm rather than two so he didn't get in the way of the camera. :lol:

If that guy was so big he should have been further back or to the side out of the way.

Really? I was about 6 people back from the very front on the left, not too far from the toilet door.

He should have done yeah, the venue's small enough and to be fair, last night was like a midget convention, there were hardly any tall people in the crowd.

I was nearer to the men's toilets than the ladies so I probably passed you when I went upstairs.

Bijou
We Will Rock You

Postby MonkeyM » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:47 pm

first and foremost WHAT A GREAT GIG!! Atmosphere was A MAZE ZING!! I didn't see the incident in question but there were quite a few tall drunken birks in there last night, like the two near seven footers (seriously - I'm 6 foot and they towered above me) who (thankfully) didn't make it past me and the missus when they were on their way through the crowd. We were a couple on meters forward of the barrier, bang in the centre, just behind the other prize pillock who got dragged off by security for videoing 75% of the event. Guessing he just had his media removed - shame, his arm must have really been aching after all that time, and ho hum nowt to show for it, but he still got to see the rest of the show after his reprimand.

And the prize for bloke in a blue waterproof jacket, who managed to stay still through the whole show, goes to the bloke in a blue waterproof jacket, who managed to stay still through the whole show. The guy must have been overheating - amazing stamina, and to resist the urge to wave his hands around... nerves of steel!

A big thanks to the fans who I was stood next to. It was your second night and you didn't let the cat out of the bag - Fair play to ya!

Excellent night - hope the gig tomorrow is just as good.

MonkeyM
Spread Your Wings

Postby MrBen » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:05 pm

This thread was brought to my attention. I am the person in question, and as with everything in life, there are always two sides to every story.

We WALKED down to the front, and in no way "took a run up", that's a totally ludicrous suggestion. As you can see from the pictures, whilst busy, it wasn't exactly packed down the front at the side of the statge, and these claims are nothing more than sour grapes by someone annoyed that someone taller than them stood infront of them.

A certain person did get upset that someone my height shouldn't be allowed down the front, and I'm guessing that's the OP. However regardless of where I stand, I will block someone's view, and i'm not going to stand against the back wall. There was ample room infront, all they had to do was stand infront of me, which several people did indeed do. They also know how easy it was to walk right upto the front barrier, as they also went to the barrier to ask security to make me move to the back (and which I'm guessing they told her no, because we weren't doing anything wrong)

We didn't go to the "bar to get their liquid fix" during the drum solo, we went to the loo, and at £4.50 a pint, we only had a couple of beers before the show anyway, and again, walked calmly back to roughly where we were previously stood.

As I mentioned, there are always two sides to every story, and my story is that the original poster, or one of their party went mental started screaming and shouting and then started tearing at my arms and digging their nails in as hard as they possibly could, I didn't let this nastiness spoil the show, but afterwards I had to visit the first aid, who dressed the wounds and advised me to get Tetanus and Hep C boosters, "as we don't know what the person had". So as the original poster was so keen to post pictures, here is what they (or one of their group) did to my arm ( I took the picture a week afterwards, it was much worse than this last weekend, I wish I had a picture, the first aid said it was definitely a case of ABH if I wanted to pursue it..) -

MrBen
Spread Your Wings

Healing

Postby dimcyril » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:31 pm

surely, the original poster should return to respond to these comments. it could get quite interesting.

dimcyril
Spread Your Wings

Postby monty-- » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:25 pm

Why would someone attack you if you were just walking? And why would you try to walk in front of people? I know I wouldn't be happy. And I certainly wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of you with your size. But maybe you knew that anyway.I didn't witness this, all I'm saying is that I've seen similar situations.

monty--
Spread Your Wings

Postby play it cool » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:17 pm

The next meet-up could be interesting!

play it cool
We Will Rock You

Postby Sir Knute » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:03 am

:lol:

And the "oops" award of the year goes to....
This thread! :P

Sir Knute
Spread Your Wings

Postby Elessar » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:16 pm

More importantly though, how are the Kemp brothers doing?
"BLM are as equally responsible as the KKK are"

- Dustbiter, 2017

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Postby Elessar » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:17 pm

MrBen wrote:As I mentioned, there are always two sides to every story, and my story is that the original poster, or one of their party went mental started screaming and shouting and then started tearing at my arms and digging their nails in as hard as they possibly could, I didn't let this nastiness spoil the show, but afterwards I had to visit the first aid, who dressed the wounds and advised me to get Tetanus and Hep C boosters, "as we don't know what the person had".

That first aider should consider resigning, unless they're aware of a Hep C vaccine that the rest of the world isn't!
"BLM are as equally responsible as the KKK are"

- Dustbiter, 2017

Elessar
I Want To Break Free

Previous

Return to Dear Friends