Ok so I have to ask, why no "Made In Heaven" songs?

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Ok so I have to ask, why no "Made In Heaven" songs?

Postby Michael Allred » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:03 pm

Through two world tours with Paul Rodgers and this mini tour with Lambert, "Made In Heaven" has been flat out ignored by Brian and Roger. I wonder why that is. "Heaven for Everyone" and "Too Much Love Will Kill You" were both hits and naturally perfect for May/Taylor to sing themselves ("You Don't Fool Me" would've been perfect for Adam though.)

What gives guys?
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.

Michael Allred
We Will Rock You

Re: Ok so I have to ask, why no "Made In Heaven" songs?

Postby Sir Knute » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:22 pm

Didn't they do Too Much Love Will Kill You at the very first Q+PR gig in South Africa?

They also did I Was Born to Love You in Japan in 2005.

Just a couple of one-offs, but you can't say that they have completely ignored it.

Sir Knute
Spread Your Wings

Postby Action This Day » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:26 pm

I read somewhere last week that in this tour they are playing songs from every album except Made In Heaven. However I don't think they are playing anything from Sheer Heart Attack either. Strange considering it's one of Roger's favourite Queen albums.

Action This Day
We Will Rock You

Postby Sir Knute » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:33 pm

Yeah kinda surprised they aren't doing Killer Queen since it would suit the Q+AL thing well.
But that was always generally done as part of a medley wasn't it?

Sir Knute
Spread Your Wings

Postby Michael Allred » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:36 pm

Sir Knute wrote:Didn't they do Too Much Love Will Kill You at the very first Q+PR gig in South Africa?

They also did I Was Born to Love You in Japan in 2005.

Just a couple of one-offs, but you can't say that they have completely ignored it.

Ok, perhaps I should've phrased it as MIH tracks being a regular part of the set list.
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.

Michael Allred
We Will Rock You

Postby soxtalon » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:36 pm

I was hoping for a few myself. I did think that specifically it would have been really nice for Rog's spot to do Heaven For Everyone. TMLWKY would also be nice.

Let Me Live COULD be good with each getting a verse, but they don't have a backing choir...it'd have to be stripped down.

Other than that though...I couldn't see them doing much. Mother Love? No thanks. I wouldn't want to see that or Winter's Tale touched by someone else. My Life Has Been saved? Not so much as a live track. Born To Love You was really only done because it was a hit in japan at the time...You Don't Fool Me was probably actually never played start to end as it was fragments put together.

I think HFE/TMLWKY is your best chance....

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby The Sixpence » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:23 pm

Given there's only one show left I seriously doubt they will mess with the set list now.

The Sixpence

Postby soxtalon » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:35 pm

Well yes and no. A. The last gig of the tour might yield a surprise or two. It wouldn't be much but I wouldn't be shocked to see one more song...

and more...I'm of the mind this isn't the last we've seen of the collaboraiton - like it or not. *shrug*

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more dates added before the end of the year.

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Sir Knute » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:45 pm

soxtalon wrote:Well yes and no. A. The last gig of the tour might yield a surprise or two. It wouldn't be much but I wouldn't be shocked to see one more song...

and more...I'm of the mind this isn't the last we've seen of the collaboraiton - like it or not. *shrug*

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more dates added before the end of the year.

I'm pretty sure Brian and Roger are eager to continue.
It's up to Lambert. He has a decision to make. Apparently he is in the running to be a panelist on American Idol. If he gets that gig he wouldn't necessarily be motivated by the moolah he could make touring the states with Queen.
He might want to maintain autonomy and not get labeled as Queen's new lead singer.
Remains to be seen whether this collaboration continues or not.

Sir Knute
Spread Your Wings

Postby Montavilla » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:08 pm

Sir Knute wrote:
soxtalon wrote:Well yes and no. A. The last gig of the tour might yield a surprise or two. It wouldn't be much but I wouldn't be shocked to see one more song...

I'm pretty sure Brian and Roger are eager to continue.
It's up to Lambert. He has a decision to make. Apparently he is in the running to be a panelist on American Idol. If he gets that gig he wouldn't necessarily be motivated by the moolah he could make touring the states with Queen.
He might want to maintain autonomy and not get labeled as Queen's new lead singer.
Remains to be seen whether this collaboration continues or not.

If it's up to Adam, then I'm pretty sure there will be more concerts. He'll want to balance this project with putting out and promoting his own music. But look at him on that stage. That man drinks in the audience energy. That's what he wants more than money.
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby slightlymad1970 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:19 pm

I would personally have dropped TATDOOL for No-One But You, this was fantastic at the Ocean gig!

slightlymad1970
We Will Rock You

Return to Dear Friends