Queen + Adam Lambert album

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Queen + Adam Lambert album

Postby Out of The Shadows » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:25 pm

OK... so recently Adam has been asked about a Queen + album and he has said he is open to that. I'm curious as to what you all think about that idea. Are there unreleased Queen songs already written? Brand new unwritten music? Pros, cons.. etc... Just a discussion topic. :-D
Love overcomes hate. Love has no color. Love has no orientation. All is love. ~ Adam Lambert

Out of The Shadows
Spread Your Wings

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert album

Postby soxtalon » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:39 pm

If you thought the Q+AL concerts drove up a hornet's nest...you ain't seen nothin' yet :P

If they did do something, it would not be anything previously written - I could tell you that.

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Montavilla » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:40 pm

Out of The Shadows wrote:OK... so recently Adam has been asked about a Queen + album and he has said he is open to that. I'm curious as to what you all think about that idea. Are there unreleased Queen songs already written? Brand new unwritten music? Pros, cons.. etc... Just a discussion topic. :-D

I would like it if it happened organically. I wouldn't like it done out of pressure or "fan demand" or this alleged need to conquer America.
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby Out of The Shadows » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:42 pm

soxtalon wrote:If you thought the Q+AL concerts drove up a hornet's nest...you ain't seen nothin' yet :P

If they did do something, it would not be anything previously written - I could tell you that.

Haha.. I know.. why not previously written unreleased? Im here to learn.
Love overcomes hate. Love has no color. Love has no orientation. All is love. ~ Adam Lambert

Out of The Shadows
Spread Your Wings

Postby soxtalon » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:47 pm

The band doesn't tend to recycle. At least they never did. I mean anything is possible but i would think knowing Brian and Roger, they tend to want to approach a new collaboration fresh - Brian is quoted many times as writing songs for the voice in mind (Freddie for instance).

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Out of The Shadows » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:57 pm

Montavilla wrote:I would like it if it happened organically. I wouldn't like it done out of pressure or "fan demand" or this alleged need to conquer America.

Yes, I see what you're saying. The chemistry is undeniable tho.

Out of The Shadows
Spread Your Wings

Postby The Sixpence » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:14 pm

Montavilla wrote:
Out of The Shadows wrote:OK... so recently Adam has been asked about a Queen + album and he has said he is open to that. I'm curious as to what you all think about that idea. Are there unreleased Queen songs already written? Brand new unwritten music? Pros, cons.. etc... Just a discussion topic. :-D

I would like it if it happened organically. I wouldn't like it done out of pressure or "fan demand" or this alleged need to conquer America.

What 'fan demand'? I think more more Queen fans would demand there wasn't an album - you only have to look at the Facebook comments for evidence that the majority of the people in favour of this link up are the Glamberts.

The Sixpence

Postby BitterTears » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:29 pm

The concerts are very much a Queen project as what I can see. Queen songs, the band is Brian and Roger's guys (in some cases literally family members), Queen production values etc. Adam just sort of fills in as singer.

An album would be more of a true collaboration to work, I think. Adam couldn't just be a glorified session singer. Paul could do that. Could Adam? Not so sure.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby The Milkman » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:29 pm

The Sixpence wrote:What 'fan demand'? I think more more Queen fans would demand there wasn't an album - you only have to look at the Facebook comments for evidence that the majority of the people in favour of this link up are the Glamberts.

:lol:

Thanks for telling me about that. I did see some people for the Q+AL collaboration.

Queen were 4 people and it's a good thing 3 of them are keeping the Queen name alive. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoken like a true Glambert.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby The Sixpence » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:36 pm

BitterTears wrote:The concerts are very much a Queen project as what I can see. Queen songs, the band is Brian and Roger's guys (in some cases literally family members), Queen production values etc. Adam just sort of fills in as singer.

An album would be more of a true collaboration to work, I think. Adam couldn't just be a glorified session singer. Paul could do that. Could Adam? Not so sure.

If you're referring to Paul Rodgers then at no point in his career has he ever just been a glorified session singer. The guys a rock legend with a catalogue of work that stands up there with the best of them - and he got that success himself by hard work and writing quality material. He didn't have to rely on American Idol to get his big break.

When he worked with Brian and Roger it was as an equal as The Cosmos Rocks album more than proves. Nothing about that indicated he was just a glorified session singer.
Last edited by The Sixpence on Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Sixpence

Postby play it cool » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:55 pm

I really enjoyed the concert on Wednesday and would go and seem them again anytime, but I'm not interested in an album. The Cosmos Rocks was shite as far as I'm concerned and would rather they left it at that, except for anything with Freddie on.

play it cool
We Will Rock You

Postby Montavilla » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:02 pm

The Sixpence wrote:
Montavilla wrote:

What 'fan demand'? I think more more Queen fans would demand there wasn't an album - you only have to look at the Facebook comments for evidence that the majority of the people in favour of this link up are the Glamberts.

That would be the fan demand that I'm talking about. Do you not consider Glamberts to be actual people?
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby BitterTears » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:08 pm

The Sixpence wrote:
BitterTears wrote:The concerts are very much a Queen project as what I can see. Queen songs, the band is Brian and Roger's guys (in some cases literally family members), Queen production values etc. Adam just sort of fills in as singer.

If you're referring to Paul Rodgers then at no point in his career has he ever just been a glorified session singer. The guys a rock legend with a catlogue of work that tands up there with the best of them - and he got that success himself by hard work and writing quality material. He didn't have to rely on American Idol to get his big break.

When he worked with Brian and Roger it was as an equal as The Cosmos Rocks album more than proves. Nothing about that indicated he was just a glorified session singer.

Sorry, I can see that I worded it poorly I meant Paul could collaborate with Brian and Roger as equals and I'm not sure Adam could . He could write, and brings credibility and decades of studio and road experience with him. With no disrespect to Adam, I just find the idea of the 3 of them sitting in a studio, knocking about ideas as equals hard to imagine. And I think for an album to work, to be worth doing, Adam would need to pull his weight.

I didn't mean to say Paul is a glorified session singer, although I can see why you thought I did.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby JLP » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:20 pm

Have I died and am now in eternal damnation?
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby icy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:23 pm

JLP wrote:Have I died and am now in eternal damnation?

*Checks*
No you are alive in a world that is sometimes f**ked up.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions