Q+AL finished?

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Re: Q+AL finished?

Postby fairydandy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:07 pm

Elessar wrote:
That's really intriguing...I'd have thought that if they thought there was even a small chance of further shows, they're keep the forum open to keep people talking about it. I think you're probably right and it's completely over, which seems odd given Brian's comments on his soapbox! Maybe Lambert isn't keen?

Then again maybe it was decided that having a forum isn't a particularly helpful marketing tool on this occasion - there has been a lot of negativity (the same is true of Queen's Facebook page), and I guess given that first and foremost QOL is for marketing, they perhaps had a fairly low threshold for asking for the forum to be removed.

It's fun to speculate!

Yes, it is intruiging...just 'who' is reading this forum that can make those decisons? Jim Beach?

Seriously, if they do another 4666bore concert I will slash my wrists with a stiff badger. They were utter shit...remember 'The Call'...Jesus fucking wept, that was the lowest point ever.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby BitterTears » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:45 pm

The thought the Call was pretty decent. Well, perhaps not the 'singing' but underneath that there sounded like a decent track. Wouldn't mind hearing an instrumental version of it actually.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby Sir Knute » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:16 pm

Yeah I strongly suspect Lambert politely declined to continue.
You went from Brian May talking about organically growing as a band to a command from above to wipe out the Q+AL sub-forum.

Do the math.

Lambert probably had the foresight to realize he might end up hurting his fledgling solo career rather than help it by joining "Queen". He has enough of his own fanbase to sustain himself as well as a potential lucrative offer with American Idol. Who wants to answer endless questions about replacing rock's greatest frontman?

Now watch as the Glamberts declare this band unworthy of his glory as they exit the board one-by-one. :lol:

Sir Knute
Spread Your Wings

Postby soxtalon » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:30 pm

Well I'm not completely certain of that. I know from some things I've read that in his solo concerts he's mentioned his gig with Queen and kept saying that he learned so much and that it was only over...for now, etc.

So I think it's still kind of up in the air but Queen is going to move on for now as well...

soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby BitterTears » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:51 pm

The whole thing has been a bit weird. How long ago was the Adam Bolton interview? Coming up to 3 years? Don't think a few months after that and nothing we thought anything was really going to happen. And yet here we are.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby Montreux » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:03 pm

Three mnonths ago I wrote somewhere this project is a kind of US promotion for that upcoming movie about Queen. So I expect more shows, mainly in the United States, where that movie has to be successful.

Montreux
Spread Your Wings

Follow that Dream...

Postby fairydandy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:30 pm

Sir Knute wrote:
Now watch as the Glamberts declare this band unworthy of his glory as they exit the board one-by-one. :lol:

They seem to have already fucked off back to Glambertsville. Tossers. :roll:

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Montavilla » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:38 pm

fairydandy wrote:
Sir Knute wrote:

Well, like I said, you guys are so welcoming to new people, it's hard to stay away.

I'm still reading, but I don't feel the need to comment on every little thing that happens. Or every little thing that doesn't happen.
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby M&M » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:42 pm

Unfortunately, I don't think its the end. Their unhealthy preoccupation with "getting America back" before they die and Lambert's less than successful last album sales makes me think that a mini tour is inevitable.

Maybe they just want to try to hide the negative comments before they do anything else. If they do an American mini tour, independent city journalists with no ties to Adam Lambert, Cowell, AI or Rupert Murdoch will be researching on Queen related sites hungry for an angle that Rolling Stone, for example, won't cover. Why make it easy to find? Smart business move, I think, since most of the comments both here on on their FB account were rather unfavorable towards the collaboration.

M&M
We Will Rock You

Postby fairydandy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:51 pm

Montavilla wrote:
fairydandy wrote:
Sir Knute wrote:

Well, like I said, you guys are so welcoming to new people, it's hard to stay away.

I'm still reading, but I don't feel the need to comment on every little thing that happens. Or every little thing that doesn't happen.

You won't be here long. Why would you stay? The Lambert fiasco is over for now...you aren't Queen fans...and this is after all, Queenonline. No one expects you to stay anyway. Seriously, you can go now.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:56 pm

Monta to her credit has been wonderful, I hope she sticks around.
I'd really tried to be welcoming to a few Glamberts when they first joined, I'm not sorry I was, just of other things that went down in the past few months.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby Montavilla » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:20 am

icy wrote:Monta to her credit has been wonderful, I hope she sticks around.
I'd really tried to be welcoming to a few Glamberts when they first joined, I'm not sorry I was, just of other things that went down in the past few months.

Thank you, Icy. I do know that you tried to be welcoming. I was, after all, reading long before I joined the forum.

I don't know why fairydandy is so angry today. But perhaps that's just his way of showing love. :-P
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby voodoogirl » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:01 am

fairydandy wrote:
Sir Knute wrote:

Nah, I think they have a Adam thread to argue in and keep it there. It's easy to avoid.

But like I said, I'd be surprised if they weren't entertaining some US offers. Whether or not it's worth it is the question. I could see 4 US dates and 2-3 Canadian. I think Adam has already said he's open to more, I seriously doubt he would say no to Brian and Roger. It's probably a logistics thing and he also has his own promo to do.

voodoogirl
The Show Must Go On

Postby Prescott » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:43 am

Who is leaving? If I have something to say I will voice my opinions just as I have in the past. Believe it or not, Adam's fans that came here are also Queen's fans. I look forward to reading about whatever projects Brian and Roger work on in the future with or without Adam. I am hoping to hear your opinions on Jessie J at the Olympics closing ceremony. But be honest. I hope she does well fronting Queen for a day.

Prescott
Spread Your Wings

Postby The Sixpence » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:54 am

At least I can listen to Jesse J singing without sticking my fingers in my ears! As a one off thing I'm sure it'll be fine.

The Sixpence

PreviousNext

Return to Dear Friends