Q+AL finished?

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Re: Q+AL finished?

Postby voodoogirl » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:39 am

Jessie is very popular in the UK. I doubt there will be much complaining. I find her terribly nasal myself, but she can sing. WWRY is not exactly a singer's song anyway.

I was happy to see Sir Paul singing live and not lip synched, I do hope they stick with that for the closing.

voodoogirl
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:36 pm

I don't think Q+AL is finished. See what I just posted at the Adam Lambert (Another World) thread. They want Queen +Adam for the Rock in Rio Buenos Aires event in September/October. I think Brian and Roger are going to want to get some more use out of that amazing light board and didn't put it together for only 6 shows!
I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Out of The Shadows » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:42 pm

Im still reading here too. I was reading here long before I ever signed up. I think there might be more gigs but I dont know that for a fact. It would be a shame if they didnt come over here to the US. I think it would be met with lots of excitement. Even if it were for just a few select high profile gigs. Do it... lots of us are wanting it...
Love overcomes hate. Love has no color. Love has no orientation. All is love. ~ Adam Lambert

Out of The Shadows
Spread Your Wings

Postby voodoogirl » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:41 pm

CNB wrote:I don't think Q+AL is finished. See what I just posted at the Adam Lambert (Another World) thread. They want Queen +Adam for the Rock in Rio Buenos Aires event in September/October. I think Brian and Roger are going to want to get some more use out of that amazing light board and didn't put it together for only 6 shows!

It's a rented rig that is programmed. Of course there is more too it than that, but it's not like they went out and purchased a rig for 6 shows and it's sitting in a warehouse collecting dust.

You may as well post any Q+AL possible information in this thread, as it's relevant here. I know i don't want to go into that other thread of 4 people arguing over Adam's personal success or failure, that thread is a mess and I have no interest in wading through it.

voodoogirl
The Show Must Go On

Postby AdamMethos » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:37 pm

CNB wrote:I don't think Q+AL is finished. See what I just posted at the Adam Lambert (Another World) thread. They want Queen +Adam for the Rock in Rio Buenos Aires event in September/October.

If I'm reading the tweets correctly, that's a bit misleading. It's not Rock in Rio that's expressing interest in Q+AL. It's a few South American Adam Lambert fans tweeting Rock in Rio that they (the fans) want to see Q+AL at Rock in Rio. IMO that carries as much weight as the North American fans saying that they'd like to see Q+AL in North America.

AdamMethos
Spread Your Wings

Sir Lurk-a-lot

Postby voodoogirl » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:23 pm

LOL, twitter is hard ;) @replies vs tweets...

Back to the rig though.. the US is very, very large. While I think they could probably sell a handful of Hammersmith size venues, like NYC, Vegas, LA.. unless they do a lot of venues, it's probably not worth the money and time to do so. And just like the Q+PR tour, there were too many cities, they couldn't sustain a large tour in the US. Frankly it'll come down to numbers, no one works for free or is going to pay out of their pocket just to tour. Even millionaires who have the money to do so.

Thinking about the QE ticket prices, with the number of musicians, the smaller venues and the production, I'm not sure if it broke even.

voodoogirl
The Show Must Go On

Postby voodoogirl » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:37 am

AdamMethos wrote:
CNB wrote:I don't think Q+AL is finished. See what I just posted at the Adam Lambert (Another World) thread. They want Queen +Adam for the Rock in Rio Buenos Aires event in September/October.

If I'm reading the tweets correctly, that's a bit misleading. It's not Rock in Rio that's expressing interest in Q+AL. It's a few South American Adam Lambert fans tweeting Rock in Rio that they (the fans) want to see Q+AL at Rock in Rio. IMO that carries as much weight as the North American fans saying that they'd like to see Q+AL in North America.

Rock in Rio Argentina is in Sept/Oct 2013 :P

voodoogirl
The Show Must Go On

Postby julymorning » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:48 am

voodoogirl wrote:LOL, twitter is hard ;) @replies vs tweets...

Back to the rig though.. the US is very, very large. While I think they could probably sell a handful of Hammersmith size venues, like NYC, Vegas, LA.. unless they do a lot of venues, it's probably not worth the money and time to do so. And just like the Q+PR tour, there were too many cities, they couldn't sustain a large tour in the US. Frankly it'll come down to numbers, no one works for free or is going to pay out of their pocket just to tour. Even millionaires who have the money to do so.

Thinking about the QE ticket prices, with the number of musicians, the smaller venues and the production, I'm not sure if it broke even.

I've been wondering about the QE net take myself. While many of the shows sold out, the St. Louis show didn't appear to have. But I will tell you this, I'd gladly pay twice the next time, than what I paid for the first go 'round; and I bet there are many others feel the same.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby Kes » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:44 am

Did anyone notice any official cameras at any of the Q+AL gigs, if you did, then don't go overboard and completely rule out a release. After all, they only really did two tours with Mr Rodgers, and around the world we got three releases. Return Of The Champions, Super Live in Japan, and Live In Ukraine. Actually, four if you count those Gold and Platinum editions they did of the '05 download tracks.

This Rock In Rio tag. Can anyone use it? I thought the place "normally" called Rio was accepted as being in Brazil, but it seems anybody can call a gig Rock In Rio if they want to, the Argentinians, the Portuguese...
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby voodoogirl » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:40 am

They seem to have expanded the original Rock in Rio to several cities. Now it's Rock in Rio Brazil, Madrid, Lisbon, Buenos Aires (2013), and Lima(2014), Mexico City(2014).

I just found it funny that Adam's fans were probably meaning well tweeting them, their announcement is in a few days for the lineup in Sept/Oct. But I'm not sure they realized it was for 2013. Even if the organizers were interested, would Brian and Roger commit to anything over a year away?

1985 Rock in Rio - Rio de Janeiro Brazil (Queen)
1991 Rock in Rio II - Rio de Janeiro Brazil
2001 Rock in Rio III - Rio de Janeiro Brazil
2004 Rock in Rio Lisboa - Lisbon Portugal
2006 Rock in Rio Lisboa II - Lisbon Portugal
2008 Rock in Rio Lisboa III - Lisbon Portugal
2008 Rock in Rio Madrid - Madrid Spain
2010 Rock in Rio Lisboa IV - Lisbon Portugal
2010 Rock in Rio Madrid II - Madrid Spain
2011 Rock in Rio IV - Rio de Janeiro Brazil
2012 Rock in Rio Lisboa V - Lisbon Portugal
2012 Rock in Rio Madrid III -Madrid Spain
2013 Rock in Rio V - Rio de Janeiro Brazil
2013 Rock in Rio Buenos Aires - Buenos Aires Argentina
2014 Rock in Rio Lima - Lima Peru
2014 Rock in Rio Mexico - Mexico City Mexico
2015 Rock in Rio VI - Rio de Janeiro Brazil
2016 Rock in Rio Madrid IV - Madrid Spain

voodoogirl
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:16 pm

voodoogirl wrote:
AdamMethos wrote:

Rock in Rio Argentina is in Sept/Oct 2013 :P

2013 ????? Oh, dear! No, I didn't see that date! Sorry for the misinformation!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Out of The Shadows » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:44 am

Just thought I'd share this rumour with ya'all. :-)

http://divinevarod.com/2012/07/17/the-g ... ie-rumour/
Love overcomes hate. Love has no color. Love has no orientation. All is love. ~ Adam Lambert

Out of The Shadows
Spread Your Wings

Postby voodoogirl » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:03 pm

That looks so ~official. LOL

Although I'd rather Adam sing than the awful Jessie J though. But judging by the opening, they will be continuing with all Brits, it's really a no-brainer.

voodoogirl
The Show Must Go On

Postby Out of The Shadows » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:13 am

Out of The Shadows
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:36 pm

Out of The Shadows wrote:Another rumour

http://www.musicdnews.net/adam-lambert- ... -ceremony/

Adam has no other performances scheduled for Sunday, August 12th so he would definitely be available!

Has anyone heard if Brian has recovered completely from his illness after the Hammersmith shows?

CNB
Somebody To Love

PreviousNext

Return to Dear Friends