Question about 2 subforums

Want to moan about the forums, here's where to do it
Nicki

Re: Question about 2 subforums

Post by Nicki »

Sir Didymus wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:51 pm PS. Maybe it should just be a section for the "Queen+" collaborations in general. Q+PR, Wyclef, Five, whoever the fuck else they decide to shove on a stage with them this week. :D

Gawd, if it needs a Queen title, maybe "Friends Will Be Friends" or "Blurred Vision"?

So...
  • Modern Times Rock 'N' Roll
    The latest news, products, announcements and current activities
  • Blurred Vision
    Queen + Adam Lambert, Queen + Paul Rodgers, and all other collaborations keeping the Queen name alive since 1997
Isn’t that the same? For me QAL is „Modern Times Rock‘N‘Roll“.
What about Queen’s „current products and other announcements“ (apart from QAL) is Rock‘N‘Roll? How much is there even to talk about? There had been the movie last year, but since then?

I think, if you guys really want to keep the topics apart, we should find better names.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Nicki wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:01 pm
Sir Didymus wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:51 pm PS. Maybe it should just be a section for the "Queen+" collaborations in general. Q+PR, Wyclef, Five, whoever the fuck else they decide to shove on a stage with them this week. :D

Gawd, if it needs a Queen title, maybe "Friends Will Be Friends" or "Blurred Vision"?

So...
  • Blurred Vision
    Queen + Adam Lambert, Queen + Paul Rodgers, and all other collaborations keeping the Queen name alive since 1997
Isn’t that the same? For me QAL is „Modern Times Rock‘N‘Roll“.
What about Queen’s „current products and other announcements“ (apart from QAL) is Rock‘N‘Roll? How much is there even to talk about? There had been the movie last year, but since then?

I think, if you guys really want to keep the topics apart, we should find better names.
Better names? Those are titles of Queen songs which fit, in my opinion.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Icy wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:04 pm Better names? Those are titles of Queen songs which fit, in my opinion.
Thanks, I know what they are.
If everyone else agrees on the titles, so be it. I only voiced my opinion.

Frank

Post by Frank »

So...
  • In the Lap of the Gods
    In depth discussion about the creative output of Freddie, Brian, Roger and John - 1970-1997
  • Blurred Vision
  • Killer Queen
    Light hearted Queen discussion. Polls, games, and idle chatter.
  • I Want It All
    Are you a Queen collector? Discuss formats, rarities, trading and more here.
  • Man On The Prowl
    Talk about any solo material by and individual activities of the four members of Queen
  • Spread Your Wings
    Other forms of entertainment. Films, TV, Music, Sport, Theatre, the Arts - you name it.. if it ain't Queen, you can talk about it here!
  • Headlong
    Talk current affairs, or just relax and get to know the rest of the board.
  • Teo Torriate
    Members only section - if you'd like to talk about more sensitive issues, or engage in personal chat with one another, this section can only be seen when logged in.
+ Forum Rules and Announcements
+ Feedback
Great idea, Sir Didymus. My only concern about having a "Modern Times Rock 'N' Roll" and "Blurred Vision" (great title by the way!) is that the former section would potentially have less traffic and topics wouldn't have as much a chance of getting traction. Just a gut feeling.

I still feel that blanketing it all under "Modern Times Rock 'N' Roll" is the better option. I don't think it's asking too much of people to be civil and not dick around a topic that they're not interested in. By that same token, I also don't think it's too much to ask people not to get their knickers in a twist because someone has a differing opinion on something. I think we all know what I'm talking about.

But either way will be fine. As long as we consolidate at least some of the topics (especially the solo stuff) it will be a vast improvement.

And I'm not sure why this is all appears to be on your shoulders. Doesn't make sense to me. You're not admin / moderator. Not to say I wouldn't trust you to make a decision though. I mean, it is nice that Picard wants us to decide, but it'll get kind of messy because there are too many chefs in the kitchen. I had an authoritative position on another forum and what we would do, if we wanted the input of the community, is gather ideas and then create a poll. And THAT was the way we moved forward. That way all voices have been heard. It was fair. And there shouldn't be any bitching after the fact, because we all had our say and that was that.

I realize this is a different community. And probably most people won't complain if one person makes the final decision. But man, I wouldn't want to be that person. lol

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Me neither Frank. It goes up the chain and others decide. The reason I done want to create the poll is to be seen to be influencing things.

Personally the only actual thing I would change is consolidate the 4 solo sections. But I am only a poster who has the Admin role. So that is my opinion on things, not something I would impose.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Picard wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:25 pm Me neither Frank. It goes up the chain and others decide. The reason I done want to create the poll is to be seen to be influencing things.

Personally the only actual thing I would change is consolidate the 4 solo sections. But I am only a poster who has the Admin role. So that is my opinion on things, not something I would impose.
Firstly, I mean no disrespect in case you feel there is any.

And I don't think you would be seen as imposing as such. As long as suggestions are being listened to and the end result is a group decision it should work in everyone's favor. I would suggest taking the most recent suggestion made by Sir Didymus and polling that one. If it passes, great. If not, we'll try again. Simple. I'd be more than happy to set something up if that's something of interest.

Could look something like this:

80% or higher = approved

10 members minimum must have participated in the poll

5 days minimum voting

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Frank wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:06 pm
Picard wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:25 pm Me neither Frank. It goes up the chain and others decide. The reason I done want to create the poll is to be seen to be influencing things.

And I don't think you would be seen as imposing as such. As long as suggestions are being listened to and the end result is a group decision it should work in everyone's favor. I would suggest taking the most recent suggestion made by Sir Didymus and polling that one. If it passes, great. If not, we'll try again. Simple. I'd be more than happy to set something up if that's something of interest.

80% or higher = approved

5 days minimum voting

No disrespect at all felt. If you want to put something together that will be great. Make the poll for 14 days. Once it is done I can make it a global announcement so it will appear at the top of every forum. Thank you for helping.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Picard wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:13 pm
Frank wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:06 pm

80% or higher = approved

5 days minimum voting

No disrespect at all felt. If you want to put something together that will be great. Make the poll for 14 days. Once it is done I can make it a global announcement so it will appear at the top of every forum. Thank you for helping.
My pleasure. I'll put something together a bit later. =)

Frank

Post by Frank »

Get out and vote. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=132

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

Thanks to Frank for taking this one up!

To answer Nicki's question - I'd seen the top section for news/announcements to be very much a section where only Nick, our admin, and the mods could create topics - and the rest of us could respond to them.

That way it'd keep everything to official announcements. IF someone finds something happening and posts it in another section before an official announcement, mods can either move it into the top or merge it with Nick's release.

That way, it's entirely up to Nick and Queen Productions what gets announced in there - Q+AL or otherwise! The distinction would be in the next two sections - one for 1970-1997, and one for 1997 onwards. But ALL news would be in the top bit because it's the word from above.