Question about 2 subforums

Want to moan about the forums, here's where to do it
JLP
Site Admin

Re: Question about 2 subforums

Post by JLP »

Sir Didymus wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:39 pm I think it would be very much worth forwarding up the chain if it looks like the current divide isn't actually resulting a working forum.

If after a few months you've only got one or two active threads per forum, but Another World is jostling for space... it will prove the point, and a reshuffle would be logical. If this is how they want it now then I guess the proof will be in the pudding - they're the ones getting paid to make choices, I guess! Though, if the "regulars" are the ones that management want to use it, it'd be nice if they were open to feedback. After all, there's nothing stopping any of us from just walking away... oh, what am I saying, we're all going to die in here. :lol:
It looks as if here is mirroring the last board. The active stuff on there was mainly the QAL section, the news thread and a handful of threads in Another World and Tried Chicken. There is a bit more activity here but is hard to talk about anything new when there is little left to talk about re Queen other than QAL stuff that many are not bothered with.

By all means message Nick, he might be able to put your case across.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Didy, I know you are extremely busy, but would you want to bring this up with Nick? I'm bad at this sort of thing as you can tell :lol:. Let's be honest, you have great ideas as well.
I understand why Save Me is no longer here, but even if we had Fried Chicken was back, and a set up similar to the old board.

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

How would I bring this up with Nick? Is this thread not enough?

I'd happily have a chat but not for a few weeks... bit of a mad one coming up! :o

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Sir Didymus wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:27 pm How would I bring this up with Nick? Is this thread not enough?

I'd happily have a chat but not for a few weeks... bit of a mad one coming up! :o
Not sure if he reads the forums to be honest.

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

Picard wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:35 pm
Sir Didymus wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:27 pm How would I bring this up with Nick? Is this thread not enough?

Not sure if he reads the forums to be honest.
Does anyone? :D

Nick W
Site Admin

Post by Nick W »

More than happy to change it up, if that's what you want, get a majority and away we go. I'm easy, its your forum - go crazy.

Easier to get me on email - it's on the main site anyway - nick@moonlightmile.co.uk

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

Nick W wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:01 pm

More than happy to change it up, if that's what you want, get a majority and away we go. I'm easy, its your forum - go crazy.

Easier to get me on email - it's on the main site anyway - nick@moonlightmile.co.uk
Cheers, Nick - hope you're well! 8-)

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

I think the Queen section s could be cut back on. Have one section for current stuff, one section for albums, singles etc, a live section and one for solo stuff. Maybe one for silly stuff. The rest is ok as it currently stands in my opinion.

Innuendoes
Location: Never be lonely, lost in the night, Just run from the darkness, lookin' for the light.

Post by Innuendoes »

Picard wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:21 pm I think the Queen section s could be cut back on. Have one section for current stuff, one section for albums, singles etc, a live section and one for solo stuff. Maybe one for silly stuff. The rest is ok as it currently stands in my opinion.
Good suggestion and thank you Didy for taking this on. I think your ideas are great!

One thing I would like to add or suggest is that we get the spoiler option back, if that's possible.

Thanks for your hard work!

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

Thanks for putting it up there JLP - though I would note you've locked the thread so there can't be any other suggestions in it... might be worth rewording that bit to add suggestions here maybe?