Question about 2 subforums

Want to moan about the forums, here's where to do it
Black Wings

Question about 2 subforums

Post by Black Wings »

Is it possible for Fried Chicken and Save Me subforums to be a part of this board?

Kes

Re: Question about 2 subforums

Post by Kes »

I'd think the answer to that is probably no.

Too many forums that have nothing to do with the purpose of the board, becomes like wool on sheep. Ten years down the road, there becomes a lot more wool than sheep, and the whole thing becomes difficult to contain, or maintain.

It was most likely stripped back to what it currently is, for that reason.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Kes wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:57 pm I'd think the answer to that is probably no.

Too many forums that have nothing to do with the purpose of the board, becomes like wool on sheep. Ten years down the road, there becomes a lot more wool than sheep, and the whole thing becomes difficult to contain, or maintain.

It was most likely stripped back to what it currently is, for that reason.
I see. I think those two subforums were an important part of QOL. Maybe that's just me.

Kes

Post by Kes »

I'm sure there are a million and one forums out there that are much better qualified in the umbrella covered by those topics, than a forum dedicated to a rock band, or am I wrong there?

soxtalon

Post by soxtalon »

Agreed with Kes. There are plenty of social platforms for those discussions

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Kes wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:33 pm I'm sure there are a million and one forums out there that are much better qualified in the umbrella covered by those topics, than a forum dedicated to a rock band, or am I wrong there?
I understand that about Save Me, I really do, even though I may have used it more than anyone else. I did that because I felt like I trusted the people here, and gave great advice. Yes, very important, but I do understand.
Fried Chicken though, where a person could talk about almost anything, have a bit of fun etc. I think that was a great and in its way important part of QOL as well. It seems odd without it, so is that kind of thing allowed now, or is it just to be all about Queen from now on? I'm confused, sorry if this is coming across as hostile, it's not meant that way.

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

I think splitting things out between the Songs and the Albums, and then four forums for each Queen member is just asking for too much granularity tbh... but what do I know? :lol:

fairydandy

Post by fairydandy »

A Non Queen section is needed so that we can keep the place alive. I have long maintained that all of this Queen talk over the years has actually lessened my love of the band. I honestly couldn't care less what your favourite album is...no honestly. :)
Last edited by fairydandy on Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Use Another World for the fried chicken type topics. Simples.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Picard wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:44 pm Use Another World for the fried chicken type topics. Simples.
Ok, I was unsure about that. Good to know. Gimme, gimme, gimme fried chicken from another world.
Ok, that was awful :lol: :lol: