Question about 2 subforums

Want to moan about the forums, here's where to do it
JLP
Site Admin

Re: Question about 2 subforums

Post by JLP »

Sir Didymus wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:17 pm Thanks for putting it up there JLP - though I would note you've locked the thread so there can't be any other suggestions in it... might be worth rewording that bit to add suggestions here maybe?
I thought you had put the link in your post.. Will have another look.

fairydandy

Post by fairydandy »

There are 11 sections on Queen, or related. Ok, it's a Queen forum, but there's nothing to talk about any more!!

Not only that, but only a few members actually say anything! There's no point in re-jigging it though, it's now just a niche forum for a band that is almost 50 years old.

Give me an 'Ask the Expert' section with invited 'Queen' guests, such as Jim Beach or Greg (he did it before and it was most interesting) to answer our questions and I might just read it, otherwise there is nothing here that interests me. Heaven knows, maybe Brian or Roger might even be available after all these years. Maybe even Lambert would be interested for a one off Q and A session for his fans on here.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Being fair, despite being actually a very nice guy, in the past, Greg hassn't coped too well with online forums. Unfortunately, you always get someone who's so jealous of his circumstances, they try ripping the shit out of every sentence he says.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Kes wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:50 pm Being fair, despite being actually a very nice guy, in the past, Greg hassn't coped too well with online forums. Unfortunately, you always get someone who's so jealous of his circumstances, they try ripping the shit out of every sentence he says.
Wasn't Greg on Queenzone? This was over 10 years ago, I think. If memory serves me well, he actually was a bit of a dick. Mind you I've met him in person and he's a very friendly guy. The internet just brings out the worst in some people, myself included.

But yeah, having an "Ask An Expert" section would be brilliant. Though unlikely since you've got social media where people like Greg and Phoebe already stay in touch with the fans.

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

Ok, does anyone have any suggestions beyond this?

viewtopic.php?p=1648#p1648

Is there anything not there you'd all want? Speak now or forever moan about it. :D

Innuendoes
Location: Never be lonely, lost in the night, Just run from the darkness, lookin' for the light.

Post by Innuendoes »

Sir Didymus wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:40 pm Ok, does anyone have any suggestions beyond this?

Is there anything not there you'd all want? Speak now or forever moan about it. :D
The layout looks perfectly fine to me. Thank you, again, for trying to help us all out.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Sir Didymus wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:40 pm Ok, does anyone have any suggestions beyond this?

I might suggest "Back Chat" instead of "Teo Torriate" for the members only chat section. Otherwise it looks great. Definitely better consolidating things like the solo careers. Thanks!!

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Do we really want to mix the QAL and Queen section?
I‘ve read many times that some members don’t want to read anything about QAL and are completely avoiding that section. Currently it all works well. But will it stay this way when the topics get mixed?

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

Nicki wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:48 pm Do we really want to mix the QAL and Queen section?
I‘ve read many times that some members don’t want to read anything about QAL and are completely avoiding that section. Currently it all works well. But will it stay this way when the topics get mixed?
That's a good question. How do you all feel about that?

Nick is happy to ammend the layout whenever we're ready, but I'd rather we get it right, so if you need to discuss this amongst yourselves, be my guest!

And definitely keep name suggestions coming... re. Teo Torriate vs Back Chat, I think for a members only section "Back Chat" might be a bit too on the nose given we'd hope it's a positive place and not a bitch fest in there. ;)

Frank

Post by Frank »

Sir Didymus wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:30 am
Nicki wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:48 pm Do we really want to mix the QAL and Queen section?
That's a good question. How do you all feel about that?

Nick is happy to ammend the layout whenever we're ready, but I'd rather we get it right, so if you need to discuss this amongst yourselves, be my guest!

And definitely keep name suggestions coming... re. Teo Torriate vs Back Chat, I think for a members only section "Back Chat" might be a bit too on the nose given we'd hope it's a positive place and not a bitch fest in there. ;)
Personally, I really dig having a section dedicated to anything new that's happening, whether it's new releases or what's going on with QAL. And who knows if Bri and Rog might work with someone else in the future. So say one day QAL are no more and now they're gigging with, oh I don't know, Justin Bieber. Then admin won't have to go out of their way to create a new section and delete the old. So yeah, I vote for Modern Times Rock and Roll. Keep it simple.

In regards to some people not wanting to read anything about QAL, that's fine. Then don't click on a topic that's clearly about QAL. I know there's been problems in the past, but I'm hoping we can just move on and forget about it. Let it die with the old forum.