Question about 2 subforums

Want to moan about the forums, here's where to do it
Black Wings

Re: Question about 2 subforums

Post by Black Wings »

Nicki wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:48 pm Do we really want to mix the QAL and Queen section?
I‘ve read many times that some members don’t want to read anything about QAL and are completely avoiding that section. Currently it all works well. But will it stay this way when the topics get mixed?
Speaking for myself, I'd rather keep it separate.

Innuendoes
Location: Never be lonely, lost in the night, Just run from the darkness, lookin' for the light.

Post by Innuendoes »

Icy wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:51 am
Nicki wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:48 pm Do we really want to mix the QAL and Queen section?
I‘ve read many times that some members don’t want to read anything about QAL and are completely avoiding that section. Currently it all works well. But will it stay this way when the topics get mixed?
Speaking for myself, I'd rather keep it separate.
I say the same. Keep them separate.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Frank wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:47 am Personally, I really dig having a section dedicated to anything new that's happening, whether it's new releases or what's going on with QAL. And who knows if Bri and Rog might work with someone else in the future. So say one day QAL are no more and now they're gigging with, oh I don't know, Justin Bieber. Then admin won't have to go out of their way to create a new section and delete the old. So yeah, I vote for Modern Times Rock and Roll. Keep it simple.

In regards to some people not wanting to read anything about QAL, that's fine. Then don't click on a topic that's clearly about QAL. I know there's been problems in the past, but I'm hoping we can just move on and forget about it. Let it die with the old forum.
I actually feel the same. I do prefer a section for anything new. It’s sometimes hard to decide, where to put a topic, article or link. Like with Brian’s current Corona posts. They would fit into both sections- Queen and QAL.

Until now I‘ve only read responses from members, who read and post in both sections anyway, so it wouldn’t be necessary to keep them.

I can imagine that more people might engage in the discussions, if the „anything new“ topics are mixed. That would be a good thing. As long as everything stays civil, which had been a problem in the past. If it can work, I‘m all for the suggested new arrangement of the forum‘s sections.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Nicki wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:43 pm
Frank wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:47 am Personally, I really dig having a section dedicated to anything new that's happening, whether it's new releases or what's going on with QAL. And who knows if Bri and Rog might work with someone else in the future. So say one day QAL are no more and now they're gigging with, oh I don't know, Justin Bieber. Then admin won't have to go out of their way to create a new section and delete the old. So yeah, I vote for Modern Times Rock and Roll. Keep it simple.

In regards to some people not wanting to read anything about QAL, that's fine. Then don't click on a topic that's clearly about QAL. I know there's been problems in the past, but I'm hoping we can just move on and forget about it. Let it die with the old forum.
I actually feel the same. I do prefer a section for anything new. It’s sometimes hard to decide, where to put a topic, article or link. Like with Brian’s current Corona posts. They would fit into both sections- Queen and QAL.

Until now I‘ve only read responses from members, who read and post in both sections anyway, so it wouldn’t be necessary to keep them.

I can imagine that more people might engage in the discussions, if the „anything new“ topics are mixed. That would be a good thing. As long as everything stays civil, which had been a problem in the past. If it can work, I‘m all for the suggested new arrangement of the forum‘s sections.
Here is how I see it, so far Brian's corona posts has been more about him and Queen, than Q+AL, so if were up to me, I'd be putting that in to the Queen section.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

I have another question. There are no rules here, if there are rules, will it be same as it was on the old board?

Frank

Post by Frank »

Icy wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:36 am I have another question. There are no rules here, if there are rules, will it be same as it was on the old board?
Great question.

And also, would it be possible to give "thanks" to posts? Not the biggest deal in the world, but it's just a feature I always enjoyed. Simple way of showing gratitude.
Last edited by Frank on Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Frank wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:09 am
Icy wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:36 am I have another question. There are no rules here, if there are rules, will it be same as it was on the old board?
Great question.

And also, would it be possible to give "thanks" to posts? Not the biggest deal in the world, but it's just a feature I always enjoyed. Simple way of showing our gratitude.
I'm just surprised of rules have been posted, I remember them, but seeing as there have been new members, they might not know about it.
I forgot about the thanks :oops:

Innuendoes
Location: Never be lonely, lost in the night, Just run from the darkness, lookin' for the light.

Post by Innuendoes »

Frank wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:09 am
And also, would it be possible to give "thanks" to posts? Not the biggest deal in the world, but it's just a feature I always enjoyed. Simple way of showing gratitude.
I would definitely like that option to be brought back as well.

Ian-Highlander
Technical Admin

Post by Ian-Highlander »

I'm afraid the "thanks" option will likely not be coming back, it was a heavy modification to the boards code and this board is very deliberately being kept mod free. We are using a couple of official phpBB plugin extensions but not a lot of those are compatible with the latest version of phpBB either and we need to be very careful what gets added as this board will be being kept fully up to date.

Sorry.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Well that's a bummer. Thanks for letting us know though. Appreciate it.