Question about 2 subforums

Want to moan about the forums, here's where to do it
Didymus

Re: Question about 2 subforums

Post by Didymus »

So we're currently about 50/50 on the split out of Q+AL.

Personally, I agree with those who say you can just chose to not click on those threads... but happy to go the way of a majority.

Frank

Post by Frank »

If you really want to get a vote, why not start another topic for us to vote on? The forum is able to accommodate that. Set a day and time that you'll consider the vote closed and then we can move on. Just a suggestion.

Innuendoes
Location: Never be lonely, lost in the night, Just run from the darkness, lookin' for the light.

Post by Innuendoes »

Can we do a poll, then?

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Innuendoes wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:26 am Can we do a poll, then?
Would a poll be a good idea for this in particular...I don't think so. Start nab thread and give pros, conso maybe?

Sole Survivor

Post by Sole Survivor »

Given that we're all in lockdown at the moment, how about a personal section, open to members only, called 'In only 7 Days', where we can post blog-type entries?

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

On the old board the QAL section was in the current projects section. Where it belonged but it had it's own little so section.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Sole Survivor wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:57 am Given that we're all in lockdown at the moment, how about a personal section, open to members only, called 'In only 7 Days', where we can post blog-type entries?
I'm not sure how that would go, it's a great idea, but I'd be wary about things of that nature leaving here, it happened days ago with my posts and it ended up terribly misunderstood and someone had a go at me for my posts that I made here.

Innuendoes
Location: Never be lonely, lost in the night, Just run from the darkness, lookin' for the light.

Post by Innuendoes »

Well, looks like we aren't going to add anything, then, or even vote on it? :|

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Innuendoes wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:20 am Well, looks like we aren't going to add anything, then, or even vote on it? :|

Anyone can create a poll, make one of you wish. I am not really wanting to start one. We can leave it you all of you, vote as we wish and act on what transpires.

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

Just to say I haven't logged on since my last post, and I really didn't expect the whole structure of the site to fall on my shoulders... given I'm spending every single day at the moment trying to save hundreds of arts organisations and individual artists from going bankrupt during this crisis, the last thing I'm thinking of when I log off at night is "I wonder if I need to make a poll on QOL?" :?

If there's enough of a call for a separate Q+AL section, then so be it... but I don't think the band want to splinter it off, and it only takes a bit of maturity to not look in a thread you're not interested in.