Brian hints at more live work with Lambert in 2013

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Re: Brian hints at more live work with Lambert in 2013

Postby eiricd » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:04 pm

They would be fools not to release those shows officially, Lambert's fan base in the US is rabid.[/quote]

I pray to God / Jim Beach / and whoever Roger takes advice from, that they don't release anything in order to tap into a potential adam lambert market.
the joke has been taken too far already

for the record; I've seen clips from the gigs they did, and I've seen them many times. and it's still shit. the guy belongs on a theatre stage, and shouldn't be let near a rock band[/quote]

Your opinion of course, thankfully not one that everyone subscribes to.[/quote]

Many shares my opinion. Sonisphere was cancelled (and trust me, sufficient ticket sales would have resulted in a festival), and they barely sold 15 000 tickets at hammersmith. All of this in the Queen capital OF THE WORLD

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby Michael Allred » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:05 pm

eiricd wrote:
Many shares my opinion. Sonisphere was cancelled (and trust me, sufficient ticket sales would have resulted in a festival), and they barely sold 15 000 tickets at hammersmith. All of this in the Queen capital OF THE WORLD

Bloat your opinion with phantom numbers as much as you like.

Blaming Q+AL for the Sonisphere cancellation is ludicrous.
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.

Michael Allred
We Will Rock You

Postby eiricd » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:44 pm

Michael Allred wrote:
eiricd wrote:

Bloat your opinion with phantom numbers as much as you like.

Blaming Q+AL for the Sonisphere cancellation is ludicrous.

not blaming them. simply stating that a sufficient number of tickets sold would have made the festival go ahead as planned. obviously, Queen & the american is not capable of selling such numbers. nor is KISS for that matter. and perhaps even more surprisingly, they didn't manage it between them...

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby Michael Allred » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:38 pm

eiricd wrote:not blaming them. simply stating that a sufficient number of tickets sold would have made the festival go ahead as planned. obviously, Queen & the american is not capable of selling such numbers. nor is KISS for that matter. and perhaps even more surprisingly, they didn't manage it between them...

Q+AL were just one of several acts booked for that weekend, lots of people and things to blame for it's cancellation. As for Hammersmith, did they not sell out those shows? Could've sworn I read an article about that but let's say they didn't.....wasn't there a little event called the Summer Olympics going on in London around the same time?

Let them come to the US and we'll see how the numbers stack up.
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.

Michael Allred
We Will Rock You

Postby eiricd » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:06 am

Michael Allred wrote:
eiricd wrote:not blaming them. simply stating that a sufficient number of tickets sold would have made the festival go ahead as planned. obviously, Queen & the american is not capable of selling such numbers. nor is KISS for that matter. and perhaps even more surprisingly, they didn't manage it between them...

Q+AL were just one of several acts booked for that weekend, lots of people and things to blame for it's cancellation. As for Hammersmith, did they not sell out those shows? Could've sworn I read an article about that but let's say they didn't.....wasn't there a little event called the Summer Olympics going on in London around the same time?

Let them come to the US and we'll see how the numbers stack up.

my point is; had bon jovi and foo fighters been the headliners, the festival would have happened. the proposed line up was not capable of selling a sufficient amount of tickets. hence my point that perhaps not as many people would like to see brian may, roger taylor, and some other guy from american tv.

tickets for the 3rd hammersmith were available on the day. again, my point is; if they can't instantly sell out 15 000 tickets in the Queen capital of the world - isn't that a fair indication of how this project would have been welcomed elsewhere? and I'm not talking about Russia or Poland, where they are starving for it, as they've only been properly introduced to live music for the last 20 yrs.

if you think they would do superb business in the US I think you're wrong. Take a look at the 2006 QPR tour and its stats; do you really think the remaining seats would be packed just because of adam f*** lambert?
for the sake of argument; let's say they would. there's the power of prime time tv for you, and also, then the whole thing is all of a sudden much more about an american reality tv star, than Queen. and THAT, would have been incredibly sad

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby Michael Allred » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:41 pm

[quote="eiricd"
my point is; had bon jovi and foo fighters been the headliners, the festival would have happened. the proposed line up was not capable of selling a sufficient amount of tickets. hence my point that perhaps not as many people would like to see brian may, roger taylor, and some other guy from american tv.[/quote]

Bon Jovi? Really? Foo Fighters I can see but...anyway.......as I understood it, Sonisphere wasn't exactly the kind of audience that would've lined up to see Queen, with or without Freddie. It's all a bit pointless to be frank. It's like saying "Queen failed to sell out the Grand Ol Opry in 1985."

tickets for the 3rd hammersmith were available on the day. again, my point is; if they can't instantly sell out 15 000 tickets in the Queen capital of the world - isn't that a fair indication of how this project would have been welcomed elsewhere?

wasn't it originally just two shows and since they sold out so fast they hastily added the third? also: the Summer Olympics *could* have had an effect on that third show could it not?

if you think they would do superb business in the US I think you're wrong. Take a look at the 2006 QPR tour and its stats; do you really think the remaining seats would be packed just because of adam f*** lambert?
for the sake of argument; let's say they would. there's the power of prime time tv for you, and also, then the whole thing is all of a sudden much more about an american reality tv star, than Queen. and THAT, would have been incredibly sad

Look, I like and respect Paul Rodgers but ask your average joe on the streets and they would never recognize his name. Adam Lambert IS a recognizable name in the US, lord all he had to do recently is tweet a critical review of the new "Les Miserables" movie and that made TV news here. You hitch your trailer to the truck that's most capable of taking you where you want to go and if that gets more people to hear Queen music, well, in the end, isn't that what we all want?

TV is the most influential media, Lambert made his mark on TV, that's the 21st century for you. You either get with the times or get left behind.

Michael Allred
We Will Rock You

Previous

Return to Dear Friends