So WILL the Queen+AL London shows from 2012 get released?

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Re: So WILL the Queen+AL London shows from 2012 get released

Postby soxtalon » Mon May 20, 2013 11:31 am

If she was tricked into believing it was for the charity than that's low. But sorry Icy I disagree. I would gladly donate money to the cause and I would gladly pay for an official release even if it was released after I got a bootleg copy but a bootleg only hurts the cause of the charity IF there is an official version that the bootleg is diverting funds from. If there is not an official version there is not an alternative so it's no different than going to the store seeing The Freddie Mercury Tribute on VHS and next to it Queen Live at Wembley and deciding to go with Wembley. It's merely product.

AND what's more...if I couldn't see the broadcast of a charity show for whatever reason and the boot was the only way at least I'm watching the charity show and getting informed of what the charity is for and how I can help...but the onus really is on the producers.
 
soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:57 am
Location: Albany, NY
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 114 times

Re: So WILL the Queen+AL London shows from 2012 get released

Postby icy » Mon May 20, 2013 3:00 pm

soxtalon wrote:If she was tricked into believing it was for the charity than that's low. But sorry Icy I disagree. I would gladly donate money to the cause and I would gladly pay for an official release even if it was released after I got a bootleg copy but a bootleg only hurts the cause of the charity IF there is an official version that the bootleg is diverting funds from. If there is not an official version there is not an alternative so it's no different than going to the store seeing The Freddie Mercury Tribute on VHS and next to it Queen Live at Wembley and deciding to go with Wembley. It's merely product.

AND what's more...if I couldn't see the broadcast of a charity show for whatever reason and the boot was the only way at least I'm watching the charity show and getting informed of what the charity is for and how I can help...but the onus really is on the producers.

Maybe CNB will post if she was tricked in believing it was for the cause or not. I'd like to know more about what she has, is it the whole show, is Elton John included, and yes, since you bring it up, did she buy it believing the money went to the cause?
My point is that people buying and selling bootlegs is a bad thing, IMO, buying and selling a bootleg of this show(or anything to do with charity) is low. It was well known what Kiev was for after all.
Bootlegs hurt, and it very much does hurt in cases like this where this show was done for such an important cause, and by buying bootlegs some people very well may not know/care what they are buying and where the money ends up.
I care. I made my feelings clear during this show, but I still donated to the cause.
h
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 14531
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: Persona non grata
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 219 times
Been thanked: 493 times

Re: So WILL the Queen+AL London shows from 2012 get released

Postby soxtalon » Mon May 20, 2013 4:26 pm

I guess I'm just trying to understand how it hurts the cause? Can you explain what you mean?

Because like I said, if there was an official release or even a planned official release where the proceeds would go to charity than I would completely see your point because a bootleg would completely be taking the funds meant for the cause away from the cause.

But without any kind of release, the buyer isn't one who is donating to the cause, so those funds aren't being diverted from the cause anyways.

At the same time, someone who purchases a bootleg video of a charity gala will watch it and perhaps learn something so in that way it could help.

I mean I guess I can kind of see that the seller is making money off a charitable event but it's not inspite of the charity. Do you have problems with normal concerts being bootlegged?
 
soxtalon
Don't Stop Me Now
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 2307
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:57 am
Location: Albany, NY
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 114 times

Re: So WILL the Queen+AL London shows from 2012 get released

Postby RPeura » Mon May 20, 2013 4:39 pm

It's a pitty that those 6 Queen+AL are not officially recorded. I will gladly buy an official record or bootleg if I could find somewhere. Those gigs are amazing. I was at Hammersmith Apollo :)
I Want to Break Free
 
RPeura
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 974
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:54 am
Location: Finland
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 840 times
Been thanked: 114 times

Re: So WILL the Queen+AL London shows from 2012 get released

Postby Michael Allred » Tue May 21, 2013 1:31 pm

eiricd wrote:
the list of US #1 albums which are a hit one week, the dead and gone the next week, is very extenstive!
where will be the karaoke man's album be in 5 years? 10? 20? My guess is "long forgotten"


speaking of records, yours must be broken as I keep hearing the same thing again and again
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.
 
Michael Allred
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 936
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:20 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: So WILL the Queen+AL London shows from 2012 get released

Postby CNB » Tue May 21, 2013 8:59 pm

The copy I have is the actual Kiev broadcast with the announcer speaking in Ukrainian. It can be seen as a full concert on youtube as can the Moscow full concert as well. Again, I can't remember what the link was to purchase it. If I didn't have the DVD, I would be able to bring up the exact item on my computer on youtube. I don't know if there is a separate one for Elton John. Maybe he has it available on HIS website?

See below:

Kiev:


Moscow (sound not too good):


Don't know if there is a full concert on youtube for the Hammersmith shows -- I haven't looked for them!
Here ya go -- when I googled Hammersmith, I got only this combination of the July 11/12 shows:

I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 7733
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 457 times
Been thanked: 375 times

Re: So WILL the Queen+AL London shows from 2012 get released

Postby icy » Tue May 21, 2013 11:15 pm

I have a question...did you buy the DVD thinking the money went to any cause? I know you are aware what the event was for.
Last time I checked it wasn't on Elton John's site. Would be a sad day if he/the ones who run his site ever promoted bootlegs about such a cause.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~
 
icy
I Want To Break Free
 
User avatar

 

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

      
 
Posts: 14531
Images: 0
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 4:44 am
Location: Persona non grata
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 219 times
Been thanked: 493 times

Re: So WILL the Queen+AL London shows from 2012 get released

Postby The Milkman » Tue May 21, 2013 11:19 pm

Michael Allred wrote:
eiricd wrote:
the list of US #1 albums which are a hit one week, the dead and gone the next week, is very extenstive!
where will be the karaoke man's album be in 5 years? 10? 20? My guess is "long forgotten"


speaking of records, yours must be broken as I keep hearing the same thing again and again


Well, that's because his fans keep throwing that number one in everyone's face. It was a nice thing for Adam and his fans to achieve, but the album fell off the charts in no time. I bet it's one of the fastest dropping number one albums of all time. The album has been out for over a year now and it still hasn't sold what his first one sold in ONE week. Broken record or not, those are the facts.

EDIT: His debut album sold 198,000 copies its first week in the U.S. alone. According to an Adam fan site his GLOBAL sales for Trespassing is around 300,000 copies.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.
 
The Milkman
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 5243
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 209 times

Re: So WILL the Queen+AL London shows from 2012 get released

Postby RPeura » Wed May 22, 2013 6:49 am

The Milkman wrote:
Michael Allred wrote:
eiricd wrote:
the list of US #1 albums which are a hit one week, the dead and gone the next week, is very extenstive!
where will be the karaoke man's album be in 5 years? 10? 20? My guess is "long forgotten"


speaking of records, yours must be broken as I keep hearing the same thing again and again


Well, that's because his fans keep throwing that number one in everyone's face. It was a nice thing for Adam and his fans to achieve, but the album fell off the charts in no time. I bet it's one of the fastest dropping number one albums of all time. The album has been out for over a year now and it still hasn't sold what his first one sold in ONE week. Broken record or not, those are the facts.

EDIT: His debut album sold 198,000 copies its first week in the U.S. alone. According to an Adam fan site his GLOBAL sales for Trespassing is around 300,000 copies.


Milkman,
I know you love figures but sometimes you get lost on your path :lol: Look at the title :)
I Want to Break Free
 
RPeura
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 974
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:54 am
Location: Finland
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 840 times
Been thanked: 114 times

Re: So WILL the Queen+AL London shows from 2012 get released

Postby Michael Allred » Wed May 22, 2013 1:47 pm

The Milkman wrote:Well, that's because his fans keep throwing that number one in everyone's face. It was a nice thing for Adam and his fans to achieve, but the album fell off the charts in no time. I bet it's one of the fastest dropping number one albums of all time. The album has been out for over a year now and it still hasn't sold what his first one sold in ONE week. Broken record or not, those are the facts.

EDIT: His debut album sold 198,000 copies its first week in the U.S. alone. According to an Adam fan site his GLOBAL sales for Trespassing is around 300,000 copies.


In the sad and desperate attempts to diminish another artist's achievements because of blind hatred, bigotry or whatever reason certain people on this forum use as an excuse, you simply cannot erase the headlines namely his last album debuted at #1 or he was the first openly gay artist to do so. Both are big achievements period. Stamp your feet, dump water on people's heads, do what you like but as you say, facts are facts.
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.
 
Michael Allred
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 936
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:20 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: So WILL the Queen+AL London shows from 2012 get released

Postby The Milkman » Wed May 22, 2013 2:48 pm

Michael Allred wrote:
In the sad and desperate attempts to diminish another artist's achievements because of blind hatred, bigotry or whatever reason certain people on this forum use as an excuse, you simply cannot erase the headlines namely his last album debuted at #1 or he was the first openly gay artist to do so. Both are big achievements period. Stamp your feet, dump water on people's heads, do what you like but as you say, facts are facts.



This gay man thinks it was nice for him to have a number one album, but I wish people wouldn't make such a big deal about it. I wish we lived in a world where the headlines didn't feel the need to mention the gay thing. ;-)

I'm sure he would rather have had a number three album that sold 2 million copies intstead of a number one album that only sold over 300,000 copies.

The BB position means shit if less people are caring about you. ;-)
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.
 
The Milkman
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 5243
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 209 times

Re: So WILL the Queen+AL London shows from 2012 get released

Postby RPeura » Wed May 22, 2013 4:25 pm

The Milkman wrote:
Michael Allred wrote:
In the sad and desperate attempts to diminish another artist's achievements because of blind hatred, bigotry or whatever reason certain people on this forum use as an excuse, you simply cannot erase the headlines namely his last album debuted at #1 or he was the first openly gay artist to do so. Both are big achievements period. Stamp your feet, dump water on people's heads, do what you like but as you say, facts are facts.



This gay man thinks it was nice for him to have a number one album, but I wish people wouldn't make such a big deal about it. I wish we lived in a world where the headlines didn't feel the need to mention the gay thing. ;-)

I'm sure he would rather have had a number three album that sold 2 million copies intstead of a number one album that only sold over 300,000 copies.


The BB position means shit if less people are caring about you. ;-)


Wise words, I agree with you :)
I Want to Break Free
 
RPeura
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 974
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:54 am
Location: Finland
Gender: Female
Has thanked: 840 times
Been thanked: 114 times

Re: So WILL the Queen+AL London shows from 2012 get released

Postby Michael Allred » Wed May 22, 2013 9:37 pm

The Milkman wrote:
This gay man thinks it was nice for him to have a number one album, but I wish people wouldn't make such a big deal about it. I wish we lived in a world where the headlines didn't feel the need to mention the gay thing. ;-)

I'm sure he would rather have had a number three album that sold 2 million copies intstead of a number one album that only sold over 300,000 copies.

The BB position means shit if less people are caring about you. ;-)


"First openly gay artist to debut at #1" makes for a nice (and long remembered) headline, more so than it selling two million copies. Both would be nice to have but you can make some hay out of either.
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.
 
Michael Allred
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 936
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:20 pm
Gender: Male
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: So WILL the Queen+AL London shows from 2012 get released

Postby CNB » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:16 pm

Michael Allred wrote:
The Milkman wrote:
This gay man thinks it was nice for him to have a number one album, but I wish people wouldn't make such a big deal about it. I wish we lived in a world where the headlines didn't feel the need to mention the gay thing. ;-)

I'm sure he would rather have had a number three album that sold 2 million copies intstead of a number one album that only sold over 300,000 copies.

The BB position means shit if less people are caring about you. ;-)


"First openly gay artist to debut at #1" makes for a nice (and long remembered) headline, more so than it selling two million copies. Both would be nice to have but you can make some hay out of either.


You may be right about that, Michael, because just this week Adam Lambert received the 'Hope of Los Angeles Award' from Mayor Villaraigosa:

http://www.examiner.com/video/adam-reci ... eles-award
I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!
 
CNB
Somebody To Love
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 7733
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 am
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 457 times
Been thanked: 375 times

Re: So WILL the Queen+AL London shows from 2012 get released

Postby Promite » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:35 pm

Look what just came up on youtube!

See anyone you know?

 
Promite
We Will Rock You
 
User avatar

 
 
Posts: 503
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:28 pm
Gender: None specified
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Previous

Return to Dear Friends

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests