So WILL the Queen+AL London shows from 2012 get released?

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

So WILL the Queen+AL London shows from 2012 get released?

Postby Michael Allred » Wed May 15, 2013 5:14 pm

Seems awfully stupid to go through the effort and expense to film the shows and not release them in any capacity. (Cue the nutjobs to jump in and say they should never be released EVER in 3....2.....1......)
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.

Michael Allred
We Will Rock You

Re: So WILL the Queen+AL London shows from 2012 get released

Postby Chickenfeed Babe » Wed May 15, 2013 7:06 pm

They should never be released EVER! There you go... ;)

Chickenfeed Babe
Spread Your Wings

Postby fairydandy » Wed May 15, 2013 9:09 pm

I don't care if they release them. I wouldn't be interested in seeing them for free though, let alone pay for them. Being a good singer just isn't enough sometimes.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Michael Allred » Thu May 16, 2013 4:05 pm

fairydandy wrote:I don't care if they release them. I wouldn't be interested in seeing them for free though, let alone pay for them. Being a good singer just isn't enough sometimes.

I'd gladly pay for a Blu-Ray/CD combo package as would many others I'd bet. Lambert's fanbase in the US alone would do quite well, hell, make it a US exclusive release.
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.

Michael Allred
We Will Rock You

Postby BitterTears » Thu May 16, 2013 5:10 pm

It's the same old problem though, ain't it? It's an Adam Lambert release that (I imagine) most AL fans aren't that interested in (since he's singing someone else's songs) and it's a Queen release most Queen fans aren't interested in because Freddie isn't singing (and AL can't even offer the battle hardened music credibility that PR could).

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby Michael Allred » Fri May 17, 2013 12:24 pm

BitterTears wrote:It's the same old problem though, ain't it? It's an Adam Lambert release that (I imagine) most AL fans aren't that interested in (since he's singing someone else's songs) and it's a Queen release most Queen fans aren't interested in because Freddie isn't singing (and AL can't even offer the battle hardened music credibility that PR could).

Incorrect, Lambert's fans go gaga (pardon that) for anything he sings. I checked out his message boards around the time they went on tour and they were as excited as could be. They'll snap up a release quicker than you'd believe.

As for the Queen fans, they too have the collector's who will buy anything with their name on it or you have folks like me who aren't as sheep-like but have an open mind towards this kind of stuff. Naturally the Freddie-philes will turn their noses up at it (just like they did with Rodgers.)

Michael Allred
We Will Rock You

Postby Lemmy » Fri May 17, 2013 4:46 pm

We're already getting crap weather for the Spring and the Summer doesn't look like it's going to be any better.
So why are you persisting in making the whole of 2013 miserable with this idea!!!!

:lol:

Lemmy
Spread Your Wings

Postby BitterTears » Fri May 17, 2013 4:59 pm

Michael Allred wrote:Incorrect, Lambert's fans go gaga (pardon that) for anything he sings. I checked out his message boards around the time they went on tour and they were as excited as could be. They'll snap up a release quicker than you'd believe.

As for the Queen fans, they too have the collector's who will buy anything with their name on it or you have folks like me who aren't as sheep-like but have an open mind towards this kind of stuff. Naturally the Freddie-philes will turn their noses up at it (just like they did with Rodgers.)

Don't get me wrong, I'd be one of those people who would have it pre-ordered. But it's not exactly going to trouble the top 10, is it? As for Lambert, I can't be bothered to even do a cursory Google search on the subject (so please correct me if I've got this badly wrong) but I was under the impression that his last album was a bit of a flop. So while I'm sure he has his die hard fans too, if they aren't running out to buy his actual albums, I don't think they're going to run out and buy him playing rent-a-frontman for another band. I gotta say, I really don't think I'm saying anything too arguable here by saying it's not a particularly commercial release.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby Simon » Fri May 17, 2013 6:45 pm

Sorry, but I don't get this... I have been to one gig and there weren't really enough cameras there to hint at an official release. 5,6 maybe 7 cameras. I suspected it was for the screen only (though I don't recall if they projected the musicians on the screen). Lovely gig though.
"Or you have it, or you don't!"

Simon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Minister! » Sat May 18, 2013 2:20 pm

I agree with Simon, the shows were definitely not shot for any planned release looking at the amount of cameras. I would say 3 possibly 4 cameras max were shooting.

Minister!
Spread Your Wings

Postby Michael Allred » Sat May 18, 2013 4:56 pm

BitterTears wrote:
Michael Allred wrote:Incorrect, Lambert's fans go gaga (pardon that) for anything he sings. I checked out his message boards around the time they went on tour and they were as excited as could be. They'll snap up a release quicker than you'd believe.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be one of those people who would have it pre-ordered. But it's not exactly going to trouble the top 10, is it? As for Lambert, I can't be bothered to even do a cursory Google search on the subject (so please correct me if I've got this badly wrong) but I was under the impression that his last album was a bit of a flop. So while I'm sure he has his die hard fans too, if they aren't running out to buy his actual albums, I don't think they're going to run out and buy him playing rent-a-frontman for another band. I gotta say, I really don't think I'm saying anything too arguable here by saying it's not a particularly commercial release.

Lambert's last album debuted at #1 in the US.

Michael Allred
We Will Rock You

Postby Michael Allred » Sat May 18, 2013 4:58 pm

Simon wrote:Sorry, but I don't get this... I have been to one gig and there weren't really enough cameras there to hint at an official release. 5,6 maybe 7 cameras. I suspected it was for the screen only (though I don't recall if they projected the musicians on the screen). Lovely gig though.

The venue they were at is not exactly a big place though, you wouldn't need 14 cameras to cut together a quality release but let's just say you're right......they still have the audio though for a CD release.

Michael Allred
We Will Rock You

Postby CNB » Sat May 18, 2013 5:08 pm

I would love a DVD of the London shows, but am more than satisfied with the one I have of the show in Kiev and the amazing camera shots filmed in that beautiful square with over 250,000 cheering people!
I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Simon » Sat May 18, 2013 5:36 pm

Minister! wrote:I agree with Simon, the shows were definitely not shot for any planned release looking at the amount of cameras. I would say 3 possibly 4 cameras max were shooting.

Now that you back me up I remember that three 'cameras' turned out to be spotlights. I am pretty pretty sure that the gig I went to (14th of July) was NOT filmed professionally for any release. Also, I don't know how the rights are in Britain, but in Germany, whenever there is filming going on that is probably going to be released or broadcasted, you will get lots of notices that you might end up being seen on screen. I cannot remember that this happened in London either.
"Or you have it, or you don't!"

Simon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby eiricd » Sat May 18, 2013 6:15 pm

Michael Allred wrote:
BitterTears wrote:

Lambert's last album debuted at #1 in the US.

the list of US #1 albums which are a hit one week, the dead and gone the next week, is very extenstive!
where will be the karaoke man's album be in 5 years? 10? 20? My guess is "long forgotten"

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Next

Return to Dear Friends