Brian says Queen doing upcoming work with Adam Lambert!

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Re: Brian says Queen doing upcoming work with Adam Lambert!

Postby Montavilla » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:55 pm

The Milkman wrote:A lot of Glamberts are confused. They can't seem to realize that their constant promoting of Adam all over this and other sites is annoying as hell.

I understand that that is annoying. My question was about something else.

And I love tribbles. I love "The Trouble with Tribbles" even more.
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby RPeura » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:09 pm

The Milkman wrote:A lot of Glamberts are confused. They can't seem to realize that their constant promoting of Adam all over this and other sites is annoying as hell.

Of course we understand that, you have said it so many times ;) After those ultimatums 'Glamwits' have played very nicely IMO. Our main topic has been collaboration of Brian May & Roger Taylor & Adam Lambert and iHeart festival. We have posted only our own opinions which should be allowed in this forum. We can't help it that we love Adam Lambert as a great entertainer in addition BM & RT & AL collaboration. We don't need your acceptions :)
I Want to Break Free

RPeura
We Will Rock You

Postby icy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:21 pm

Montavilla wrote:
icy wrote:
jimbo wrote:One thing I've got to say here is that, surely one of the main reasons for Queen+ playing with AL is to grow the younger audience. Brian has basically said this, after this gig.

But where are all the new younger fans posting here?

Oh shucks, and it was said Brian and Roger did it because they love to play and love Adam :P .

I don't think the two objectives are mutually exclusive. ;)

I'll agree with RPeura that new, young fans aren't likely to be showing up here yet. They already have their own places to discuss things they like. That's not to say I think there are millions of new fans today where there weren't last week. That sort of thing takes more than one performance, don't you think?

Too bad this wasn't Live Aid or the Freddie Tribute(as it was said to be "historic")...or heck even gave AL a boost sales wise. History can happen after one event/performance, this wasn't/isn't it.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
I Want To Break Free

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby voodoogirl » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:39 pm

I like Adam well enough and I think he'd probably tell the few fans here to just stop it. He's a big boy, let him fight his own battles. It's certainly embarrassing to someone who is a fence sitter. Ah well, doesn't sound like there is anything more coming up for this pairing, so aside from the edited tv airing (I am guessing 4 songs), this is all on the books.

To keep OT, I really did like what they did with Crazy Little Thing, much, much improved from last year. Keep up the knee Dr. Bri.

voodoogirl
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:44 pm

I don't think Adam's motive for accepting the invitation to perform with Brian and Roger last year or this year at the iHeartRadio Music Festival was for a boost in his sales. I prefer to think it was for the love of the Queen music and the joy he feels in collaborating with these two legendary gentlemen. It appears that Nate felt the same way that it was such an honor to have a dream come true and perform a couple of songs with these amazing guys! 8)

If this event has helped both Adam and Nate to be seen and appreciated by people who were not familiar with them before, that could definitely be beneficial to their careers in the future. They are both young men at age 31 and should have a long journey ahead in the music industry!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:02 pm

CNB wrote:I don't think Adam's motive for accepting the invitation to perform with Brian and Roger last year or this year at the iHeartRadio Music Festival was for a boost in his sales. I prefer to think it was for the love of the Queen music and the joy he feels in collaborating with these two legendary gentlemen. It appears that Nate felt the same way that it was such an honor to have a dream come true and perform a couple of songs with these amazing guys! 8)

If this event has helped both Adam and Nate to be seen and appreciated by people who were not familiar with them before, that could definitely be beneficial to their careers in the future. They are both young men at age 31 and should have a long journey ahead in the music industry!

You are twisting what I posted. I never posted anything about motives. I said it hasn't gave Adam a boost sales wise. While you are here, maybe you can answer what was so historic?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
I Want To Break Free

Postby Montavilla » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:11 pm

CNB wrote:I don't think Adam's motive for accepting the invitation to perform with Brian and Roger last year or this year at the iHeartRadio Music Festival was for a boost in his sales. I prefer to think it was for the love of the Queen music and the joy he feels in collaborating with these two legendary gentlemen. It appears that Nate felt the same way that it was such an honor to have a dream come true and perform a couple of songs with these amazing guys! 8)

He probably got a nice paycheck, too. :P

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:26 pm

If I'm not mistaken I think the term "historic" was being applied to the whole two-day event with so many different top entertainers representing so many different genres all performing in the same place.

Monta, you mean Adam got paid for that gig, too? YAY! Frosting on the cake with a cherry on top! :biggrin:
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby icy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:35 pm

CNB wrote:If I'm not mistaken I think the term "historic" was being applied to the whole two-day event with so many different top entertainers representing so many different genres all performing in the same place.

Monta, you mean Adam got paid for that gig, too? YAY! Frosting on the cake with a cherry on top! :biggrin:

Look up Live Aid and the Freddie Tribute...that was history right there.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
I Want To Break Free

Postby Promite » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:49 pm

Someone needs to tell Brian and Roger to stop gushing!

The first 4 mins of this soundcloud is the rest of the iheart interview posted earlier.

https://soundcloud.com/mmyy9ag/2013-09- ... am-lambert

Promite
We Will Rock You

Postby Montavilla » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:12 pm

CNB wrote:If I'm not mistaken I think the term "historic" was being applied to the whole two-day event with so many different top entertainers representing so many different genres all performing in the same place.

I don't really know. I'm just guessing, but it's a logical conclusion, isn't it? It's wasn't a charity event, and he wasn't even promoting anything. Why wouldn't he be paid?

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby CNB » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:22 pm

Montavilla wrote:

I don't really know. I'm just guessing, but it's a logical conclusion, isn't it? It's wasn't a charity event, and he wasn't even promoting anything. Why wouldn't he be paid?

I was just teasing you about the paycheck thing! I would think they must have all been paid according to the price of the tickets where some of them near the stage eventually went up to $19,000 on Stub Hub. I'm glad I couldn't get a ticket to tell you the truth because I don't think I would have wanted to pay even $250 (was the lowest price at first) to sit/stand through 5 hours of that show. I was more comfortable sitting on my sofa in front of my laptop! :biggrin:
IT'S LATE !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby JLP » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:05 am

Oh well I asked nicely and even gave a bit of leeway. I will not be reopening this thread anymore.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Previous

Return to Dear Friends