Brian says Queen doing upcoming work with Adam Lambert!

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Brian says Queen doing upcoming work with Adam Lambert!

Postby Michael Allred » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:55 pm

http://www.mtv.co.uk/news/psy/384325-qu ... laboration

the relevant bit:

Following three sold-out nights at London's Hammersmith Apollo last summer, May also disclosed plans to do another Queen show with Adam Lambert as their frontman.

"We are talking about doing something with Adam, probably for TV," he revealed to us.

"He's an amazing artist and a very nice guy. We keep in touch and have a good friendship.

"We're not talking about touring yet, but we are talking about doing an event."

not touring *yet* but at least discussing a show for TV broadcast. just vague enough to mean anything really, something for an awards show, talk show or music program or, yes, a full concert for network broadcast. would love to see them use my suggestion and use HBO here in the US, they always promote concerts as major events.
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.

Michael Allred
We Will Rock You

Re: Brian says Queen doing upcoming work with Adam Lambert!

Postby eiricd » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:12 pm

...just when we thought he was out...they pull him back in...

why can't they fade away rather than burn out in this way?

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby Kes » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:45 pm

I thought it was common knowledge...

Aren't they in the process of making a Queen's Greatest Hits album with Adam Lambert's lead vocals on it, instead of Freddie's? I think they figure AL is so massive in the US, that they can sell at least another 30 million albums with him on board.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby CNB » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:39 pm

Kes wrote:I thought it was common knowledge...

Aren't they in the process of making a Queen's Greatest Hits album with Adam Lambert's lead vocals on it, instead of Freddie's? I think they figure AL is so massive in the US, that they can sell at least another 30 million albums with him on board.

You're funny! :biggrin: :agreepost: :band: :rockon:
I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby JLP » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:40 pm

Who is Freddie? :?
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby Kes » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:49 pm

Freddie. You remember. Had these 6-inch long retractable knives on a gauntlet. Red and black stripey sports shirt. Niki Lauda style complexion. Wicked catchphrase, like "Sleep kills" or something similar

Me? Yep. REAL comedian, just that my agent doesn't seem to think so.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby RPeura » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:29 pm

Oh, I hope with all my heart some new Q+AL event. I was at the Hammersmith and never forget it: Amazing!

I Want to Break Free

RPeura
We Will Rock You

Postby Kes » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:54 pm

Personally, I REALLY do hope that whatever it is, it's a one-off event, that they all get it out of their system, and then move on.

Too much beyond that, and it will constrict both "their" legacy, AND "his" potential future career. They'll be known as that bunch of sixty year olds with the twenty year old lead singer, and he'll be known as a twenty or so year old singer who needed to ride on a deceased singer's laurels to make it in the music biz.
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby CNB » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:13 pm

Kes wrote:Personally, I REALLY do hope that whatever it is, it's a one-off event, that they all get it out of their system, and then move on.

Too much beyond that, and it will constrict both "their" legacy, AND "his" potential future career. They'll be known as that bunch of sixty year olds with the twenty year old lead singer, and he'll be known as a twenty or so year old singer who needed to ride on a deceased singer's laurels to make it in the music biz.

Actually, Adam is 31 (but still half THEIR age). It's really not Adam's fault that he is being held down in the music business. I chalk that up to the conservative bigotry still going on in the USA.
I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby AdamMethos » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:34 pm

CNB wrote:It's really not Adam's fault that he is being held down in the music business. I chalk that up to the conservative bigotry still going on in the USA.

The ONLY thing holding Adam back in the music industry is that he's not making music that enough people want to hear.

If the masses of young people in North America loved Adam, the fact that old stuffy conservatives disapprove would actually help his popularity not hinder it. Ozzy, Marilyn Manson and heck, even Elvis, weren't popular among the conservative set either, but that didn't hold them back.

The Queen shows only prove this. Look how many people went to the Q+AL shows, and loved them, and want to see more Q+AL. And yet, only Queen's record sales were boosted, not Adam's.

AdamMethos
Spread Your Wings

Sir Lurk-a-lot

Postby voodoogirl » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:59 pm

That's a very vague statement from Brian yet fairly specific with the tv reference. Given how much he's irritated when things are leaked or spoiled, for him to cough up a detail (on his own) as specific as television makes me think it must be pretty well along in planning. Could be anything though, another EMA type medley where they need someone to do a sing a medley? We have a channel called Palladia in the US that plays a lot of music specials, I suppose it could be something like that. Could be one of many things.

voodoogirl
The Show Must Go On

Postby Michael Allred » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:19 pm

AdamMethos wrote:
CNB wrote:It's really not Adam's fault that he is being held down in the music business. I chalk that up to the conservative bigotry still going on in the USA.

The ONLY thing holding Adam back in the music industry is that he's not making music that enough people want to hear.

If the masses of young people in North America loved Adam, the fact that old stuffy conservatives disapprove would actually help his popularity not hinder it. Ozzy, Marilyn Manson and heck, even Elvis, weren't popular among the conservative set either, but that didn't hold them back.

The Queen shows only prove this. Look how many people went to the Q+AL shows, and loved them, and want to see more Q+AL. And yet, only Queen's record sales were boosted, not Adam's.

what a naive view. if you think "music" is the only thing that hinders or propels a music career then you've been living under a rock. Lambert is nowhere near the controversial or tabloid level of Ozzy or Manson and therefore doesn't generate the same amount of headlines either of them did *outside* music circles.

the simple fact is that Lambert, being an openly gay performer is holding him back to a degree.
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.

Michael Allred
We Will Rock You

Postby Michael Allred » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:24 pm

Kes wrote:Personally, I REALLY do hope that whatever it is, it's a one-off event, that they all get it out of their system, and then move on.

What a horribly negative point of view. In what world would *reasonable and logical* people view Queen+AL as hurting either of them? I understand that the Freddie-philes here and at queenzone will never be open to anything and attack anyone who dares step into the shoes of their dear sainted sweet angel Freddie but outside of those close minded circles, it's viewed as a positive.

Michael Allred
We Will Rock You

Postby RPeura » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:45 pm

Michael Allred wrote:

What a horribly negative point of view. In what world would *reasonable and logical* people view Queen+AL as hurting either of them? I understand that the Freddie-philes here and at queenzone will never be open to anything and attack anyone who dares step into the shoes of their dear sainted sweet angel Freddie but outside of those close minded circles, it's viewed as a positive.

Michael Allred,
Thank you fo your honest words :-D
I Want to Break Free

RPeura
We Will Rock You

Postby tenementfunster » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:54 pm

What is it with Brian and continuously dragging the Queen brand down to the level of this kind of shit? It's a shame Roger seems to have no problem going along with the rubbish. Adam Lambert - who the fucK? It would be one thing if he was an incredible artist they'd discovered, but he's just any annoying singer off some US TV show. The only thing he seems to have going for him is being gay and flamboyant as he isn't a songwriter and is pretty generic sounding as a singer.

Apparently if you don't like whiny overly gay American pop singers you have a closed mind, oh my!!

tenementfunster
Spread Your Wings

Next

Return to Dear Friends