Brian says Queen doing upcoming work with Adam Lambert!

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Re: Brian says Queen doing upcoming work with Adam Lambert!

Postby CNB » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:39 pm

Here's why Brian and Roger want Adam to perform with them:

"Queen Calls Adam Lambert's Voice 'One in a Billion at the iHeartRadio Music Festival" Sept. 21, 2013

"Backstage at the iHeartRadio Music Festival, Brian May and Roger Taylor told Kennedy that they first heard Adam Lambert's voice a long time ago. “That’s a voice of a billion." stated Brian May. “Adam can do things which I’ve never heard anyone do in my life.”

http://www.at40.com/news-article/queen- ... ival/27220
I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby JLP » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:53 pm

CNB wrote:Here's why Brian and Roger want Adam to perform with them:

"Queen Calls Adam Lambert's Voice 'One in a Billion at the iHeartRadio Music Festival" Sept. 21, 2013

"Backstage at the iHeartRadio Music Festival, Brian May and Roger Taylor told Kennedy that they first heard Adam Lambert's voice a long time ago. “That’s a voice of a billion." stated Brian May. “Adam can do things which I’ve never heard anyone do in my life.”

http://www.at40.com/news-article/queen- ... ival/27220

not only has Brian got a bad knee, he must have dementia.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby jimbo » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:56 pm

JLP wrote:
jimbo wrote:But where are all the new younger fans posting here?

I get the impression that most of the AL fans in this thread, and there are only 4 or 5 posting very regularly anyway, are mostly older women.

Christ it is bad enough with the half dozen we already have. Do you really want another load of them telling us how grate this non famous wanabee is? :lol:

Yeah, sorry about that, I really wasn't thinking :lol:
Hot Space is actually only my 6th favourite Queen album.
(But is a very underrated album in my opinion).

jimbo
Don't Stop Me Now

let's go....

Postby RPeura » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:11 pm

jimbo wrote:
JLP wrote:
jimbo wrote:But where are all the new younger fans posting here?

I get the impression that most of the AL fans in this thread, and there are only 4 or 5 posting very regularly anyway, are mostly older women.

Christ it is bad enough with the half dozen we already have. Do you really want another load of them telling us how grate this non famous wanabee is? :lol:

Yeah, sorry about that, I really wasn't thinking :lol:

Don't be sorry jimbo! This half dozen of older women is keeping this forum alive :lol: :lol: :lol:
I Want to Break Free

RPeura
We Will Rock You

Postby jimbo » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:22 pm

^^^ That's not true though, as they (the half dozen older women :lol: ) are mainly posting about the same subject (how lovely AL is etc) mainly in this thread!

There is no doubt that they (the half dozen older women :lol: ) are definitely keeping this thread going, although I'm not sure if I helped today, I'll shut up now :?

Edit.
How about trying out another section of the forum instead, and talking about other subjects (than AL), like say the different types of Queen songs in this thread here:-

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5340
Hot Space is actually only my 6th favourite Queen album.
(But is a very underrated album in my opinion).

jimbo
Don't Stop Me Now

let's go....

Postby CNB » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:52 pm

I read that Nate from fun has been having vocal problems and fun even cancelled a concert recently. He was supposedly on doctor-ordered vocal rest till this concert. (I guess he couldn't pass up the opportunity to perform with Queen even though he wasn't 100% there vocally, and who can blame him!) I found this pretty good cover of Radio Ga Ga fun did (which has an interesting gospel-ish ending!), so I can see why people think he would do well singing Queen, and especially STL. (The fun keyboardist has no excuse for messing up the intro for STL though!)

Adam has been very lucky in this regard or he just knows how to take good care of his vocal cords. After his worldwide tour of 114 shows in 6 months in 2010 where he was hitting unbelievable notes, it was amazing to me that he didn't need surgery afterwards. That's why I keep saying that Adam's voice is his musical instrument. I saw a very interesting interview with Steven Tyler last night on CNNI where he said his father had been a classical pianist. He grew up hearing his father practicing on the piano for two hours every day. As soon as he could stand up and reach those piano keys, he, too, was playing the piano. Adam grew up with a Dad who was a DJ and played all of the music from the '60's, '70's and '80's and that's why I think his idols were Freddie, David Bowie, MJ and Madonna.

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby JLP » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:59 pm

CNB wrote:
I read that Nate from fun has been having vocal problems and fun even cancelled a concert recently. He was supposedly on doctor-ordered vocal rest till this concert. (I guess he couldn't pass up the opportunity to perform with Queen even though he wasn't 100% there vocally, and who can blame him!) I found this pretty good cover of Radio Ga Ga fun did (which has an interesting gospel-ish ending!), so I can see why people think he would do well singing Queen, and especially STL. (The fun keyboardist has no excuse for messing up the intro for STL though!)

Adam has been very lucky in this regard or he just knows how to take good care of his vocal cords. After his worldwide tour of 114 shows in 6 months in 2010 where he was hitting unbelievable notes, it was amazing to me that he didn't need surgery afterwards. That's why I keep saying that Adam's voice is his musical instrument. I saw a very interesting interview with Steven Tyler last night on CNNI where he said his father had been a classical pianist. He grew up hearing his father practicing on the piano for two hours every day. As soon as he could stand up and reach those piano keys, he, too, was playing the piano. Adam grew up with a Dad who was a DJ and played all of the music from the '60's, '70's and '80's and that's why I think his idols were Freddie, David Bowie, MJ and Madonna.

can we please stop posting this stuff. this thread is about the show. Otherwise the keys come out. To be honest, most of this stuff looks like it was written by a PR person, trying to sell Lambert to the masses. I really would be grateful if you would take this to a Lambert site where people just might be interested.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby Markholland » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:07 pm

JLP can't you see this is a battle you're never gonna win?
How many posts filled with over the top love for AL does it take to realize that? You can't change these people or their motivations. It's in their character otherwise they would have seen the logic in what you have been trying to make clear by now and changed their behaviour accordingly.
How about a final three strikes and you're out round regarding this type of behaviour?

Markholland

Postby CNB » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:25 pm

I think I've been posting OTT love for Queen as well. I'm not the one saying that Brian has dementia! Funny how only negative remarks are welcome here! :rockon:

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby JLP » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:32 pm

CNB wrote:I think I've been posting OTT love for Queen as well. I'm not the one saying that Brian has dementia! Funny how only negative remarks are welcome here! :rockon:

positive stuff about the show is allowed. However your last post was nothing at all to do with the show. It was about Lambert and his development.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Postby fairydandy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:46 pm

JLP wrote:To be honest, most of this stuff looks like it was written by a PR person, trying to sell Lambert to the masses.

That has always been the problem with the Glamwits. They aren't content with liking him, they also try to sell him to an audience that pretty much doesn't give a damn.

I have tried to like him, but I just can't, he means nothing...he's just a voice, there's no charisma or presence at all. I have been told that his WWTLF is 'amazing' about a thousand times now, but it sounds no more 'amazing' to me than it does at the musical...it's a fine vocal by any standard, but who cares? His voice is just pure theatre and it belongs on Broadway.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Montavilla » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:20 pm

I'm sorry. I'm still confused. I don't understand how this post constitutes an attack:

For what it's worth, this is what someone who was there in the audience tweeted afterwards:

"Reaction was huge when Mario announced Q with A. They quieted down as soon as Adam sang a few words. A few ppl scream at first then immediately stopped. Such respect for Adam and Queen. When he sang WWTLF u could hear a pin drop and there were men around me in awe of his voice. Couple of them had tears in their eyes. I teared up something awful. Adam's voice was so powerful in that 15K seat venue. When Matt/Muse sang I couldn't hear his voice very well. It's weaker than Adam's & band played too loud for Matt's voice I think."

Not sure but I think maybe those "soulless robots" might have been stunned a bit by the guy with "no charisma" and, of course, the amazing music coming out of that red special guitar! Brian was spectacular on Friday night for a guy in his '60's who is recovering from knee surgery! I doubt that the Justin Timberlake finale on Saturday was as spectacular as the Queen one the day before!

And these posts do not:

Christ it is bad enough with the half dozen we already have. Do you really want another load of them telling us how grate this non famous wanabee is?

fairydandy wrote:That has always been the problem with the Glamwits. They aren't content with liking him, they also try to sell him to an audience that pretty much doesn't give a damn.

Can somebody please explain it to me?
"You are right!!!!" - The Milkman
Maybe you should shut the fuck up? - fairydandy

Montavilla
The Show Must Go On

Postby The Milkman » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:33 pm

A lot of Glamberts are confused. They can't seem to realize that their constant promoting of Adam all over this and other sites is annoying as hell.
Being offended is a small price to pay for the right to free speech.

The Milkman
Somebody To Love

Postby Tattletale » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:49 pm

I think I hear the keys jingling.

Tattletale
Spread Your Wings

Postby Two sharp pencils » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:52 pm

The Milkman wrote:A lot of Glamberts are confused. They can't seem to realize that their constant promoting of Adam all over this and other sites is annoying as hell.

Agreed, The Glamberts remind me of Tribbles........... (in case I've confused people The tribbles were a small cuddly / furry creature brought on board the Enterprise in Star trek & before you knew it they were everywhere out of control) or The Borg (from Star trek) they wanted everyone to be as one.

Two sharp pencils
The Show Must Go On

PreviousNext

Return to Dear Friends