Brian says Queen doing upcoming work with Adam Lambert!

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Re: Brian says Queen doing upcoming work with Adam Lambert!

Postby icy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:46 pm

Montavilla wrote:
icy wrote:
Capt. Den Ronson wrote:Brian and Roger have rarely collaborated with anyone interesting. Look it up on Wikipedia. They deserve Adam Lambert - everyone knows this isn't Queen. Let the miserable, lazy old farts get on with it.

Brian and Roger should not rely on Adam...anyone really to recapture the glory days, Adam should not rely on them to try and further his career. In many ways, this is what it was for me last year and with other jarring collaborations in the past few years. Pink, Britney and Beyoncé...for Pepsi? That was and will remain awful to me, no matter how much I've become a fan of Pink's in the last few years. Some things baffle me about Brian and Roger, and I cannot help but wonder if it's done for the love of music or the love of $$.
What I would give for Brian, Roger and Bowie(to name just one!) to work together again.

See, to me that would be trying to recapture old glory days. Working with Bowie, I mean. It would be like saying, "Hey, we did a really great song forty years with you. Wanna see if lightning will strike twice?"

But I don't really have a problem with artists doing that -- whatever form it takes. One fan's "trying to recapture the old glory days" is another fan's "following natural creative impulses." Or, as Captain Den puts it, "letting the miserable, lazy old farts get on with it."

It would be good to see 3 highly respected artists and pals working together to see what would come from it, if it were to happen. I'd also like to see Brandon Flowers work with Brian and Roger, I've been thinking that for a while now.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Location: The one where you be the first to forget and the last to remember...

Postby icy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:53 pm

voodoogirl wrote:I'm a big fan of Pink too, but have no allusions she's any less corporate than most artists. The music business is first and foremost a business. Her show is fantastic btw even if I think she phoned much of her recent album.

Yes she is,and I'll never say otherwise especially with the Cover Girl adverts everywhere I turn(ok, just a slight exaggeration) TBH, and this is proof views can change. I didn't think much of her before Sober, but I fell in love with the song and her last couple albums. She has come a long way since her start, she isn't stuck in a rut. She was popular before her ad with Brian and Roger, I dare say she still is now. She is another one I'd like to see work with Brian and Roger...but something new, not covers.
What do you mean by "phoned" much of her recent album? :?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby RPeura » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:40 am

icy wrote:
Capt. Den Ronson wrote:Brian and Roger have rarely collaborated with anyone interesting. Look it up on Wikipedia. They deserve Adam Lambert - everyone knows this isn't Queen. Let the miserable, lazy old farts get on with it.

Brian and Roger should not rely on Adam...anyone really to recapture the glory days, Adam should not rely on them to try and further his career. In many ways, this is what it was for me last year and with other jarring collaborations in the past few years. Pink, Britney and Beyoncé...for Pepsi? That was and will remain awful to me, no matter how much I've become a fan of Pink's in the last few years. Some things baffle me about Brian and Roger, and I cannot help but wonder if it's done for the love of music or the love of $$.
What I would give for Brian, Roger and Bowie(to name just one!) to work together again.

But they relied on Adam for six concerts. Brian and Roger are brilliant professionals and they recognize a talent when they hear and see it. The person who don't imitate Freddie but gives a new different stimulation to the Queen's immortal great songs. I was at the Hammersmith Apollo and proved it myself. This is my humble opinion :)
I Want to Break Free

RPeura
We Will Rock You

Postby icy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:04 am

RPeura wrote:
icy wrote:

But they relied on Adam for six concerts. Brian and Roger are brilliant professionals and they recognize a talent when they hear and see it. The person who don't imitate Freddie but gives a new different stimulation to the Queen's immortal great songs. I was at the Hammersmith Apollo and proved it myself. This is my humble opinion :)

Yep, and I think he relied on them too...why? That's the question that has been at the forefront of my mind for ages now where Brian and Roger are concerned.
I'm aware Brian and Roger are brilliant professionals and at times the recognize talent when they see and hear it... though a bit of hit and miss throughout their career. That goes for everyone...from rock stars to producers/songwriters/managers etc.
If Queen's music is so immortal/great (again a bit of hit and miss) then why not discuss them without Adam? Please don't think I'm being hostile with my post here, but I'd really like to get your take on Queen's music without Adam. Come to think of it, I'm hoping monta will do the same as she promised.
I'm glad as I hope you still realise that you had a great time the times you saw Adam.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
We Are The Champions

Postby fairydandy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:39 am

Of all of the singers they could team up with, they team up with an effeminate American cabaret/cruise ship singer. :roll: I think that Lambert is a vile, obnoxious, overly gay twat....but he's an American, vile, obnoxious and overly gay twat (he's acting a part, like a lot of camp men)...and that's what this is all about, the place that all artists want to conquer and the place that Queen briefly won and then lost again.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby fairydandy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:43 am

Michael Allred wrote:Apparently if you don't worship at the feet of a campy overly gay UK rock singer, you are dragging Queen's legacy through the mud.

Well, Freddie wasn't 'acting' overly gay, I believe that was his true persona, unlike Lambert of course.

...and why shouldn't we worship the legendary Queen singer when we post on 'Queen'online? We are Queen fans apparently. :roll:

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby RPeura » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:22 am

fairydandy wrote:
Michael Allred wrote:Apparently if you don't worship at the feet of a campy overly gay UK rock singer, you are dragging Queen's legacy through the mud.

Well, Freddie wasn't 'acting' overly gay, I believe that was his true persona, unlike Lambert of course.

...and why shouldn't we worship the legendary Queen singer when we post on 'Queen'online? We are Queen fans apparently. :roll:

What do you know about Lambert's true persona :shock:

Ooh! Here we go again :lol: :lol: :lol:
I Want to Break Free

RPeura
We Will Rock You

Postby Michael Allred » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:57 pm

fairydandy wrote:Well, Freddie wasn't 'acting' overly gay, I believe that was his true persona, unlike Lambert of course.

So you're implying that you know Lambert personally and can say with authority that his gayness is just an act?

Ok.
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.

Michael Allred
We Will Rock You

Postby merceauroix » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:01 pm

Who cares?

merceauroix
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:10 pm

This is so funny because I don't think Adam "acts" gay at all. In fact, I might be one of the few who didn't think he was gay all during his time on Idol. I just thought he was an amazing and gracious performer who brought something unique to each of those performances. Overly gay and camp was another guy who was a contestant in this past season of Idol who wore skirts and a hat with a veil covering his face. Now if Adam dressed that way, I could see calling HIM overly gay!
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby eiricd » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:29 pm

this whole thing, in a weird way, makes me lose interest in Queen. not only the adam lambert joke, which I'll ignore anyways, but also the golden era. please Brian and Roger, stop this.

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby JLP » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:32 pm

eiricd wrote:this whole thing, in a weird way, makes me lose interest in Queen. not only the adam lambert joke, which I'll ignore anyways, but also the golden era. please Brian and Roger, stop this.

yeah I know what you mean. I find myself listening less and less to Queen these days. For sure I will not be watching/listening to/attending or buying anything to do with this latest venture.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby RPeura » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:44 pm

JLP wrote:
eiricd wrote:this whole thing, in a weird way, makes me lose interest in Queen. not only the adam lambert joke, which I'll ignore anyways, but also the golden era. please Brian and Roger, stop this.

yeah I know what you mean. I find myself listening less and less to Queen these days. For sure I will not be watching/listening to/attending or buying anything to do with this latest venture.

I'm listening to Queen when I'm cleaning my house (it takes a long time) and I'm listening to Adam Lambert when I'm driving my car. I very much like both of them :)
I Want to Break Free

RPeura
We Will Rock You

Postby JLP » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:34 pm

RPeura wrote:
JLP wrote:

I'm listening to Queen when I'm cleaning my house (it takes a long time) and I'm listening to Adam Lambert when I'm driving my car. I very much like both of them :)

Oh don't get me wrong, I do still listen to Queen but I would now say there is another band I prefer and I never, ever thought that would be.

It just isn't this latest collaboration. Most of the stuff done since 1997 has irritated me. Only the stuff with Paul Rodgers and one or two live things have pushed my buttons.
Come on you Tigers.

JLP
Site Admin

Growing old disgracefully

Postby fairydandy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:04 pm

Michael Allred wrote:
So you're implying that you know Lambert personally and can say with authority that his gayness is just an act?

Ok.

Of course it's an act...most camp men are acting it out....very few are actually 'that' effeminate. He actually makes me cringe and squirm.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

PreviousNext

Return to Dear Friends