Queen + Adam Lambert - possible 2014 dates?!?!

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert - possible 2014 dates?!?!

Postby agkelly » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:41 pm

CNB wrote:
agkelly wrote:I flew to London from Australia last year (my first time overseas) to be at the first two Hammersmith gigs. I'd wanted to see Queen (in whatever format they were in) live since I was about 13/14yrs old ... and seeing Brian and Roger performing live, 10m away right there in front of me was the most amazing experience I've had.
I always thought that if I ever saw them live (which was a long shot, given their reluctance to come to Australia), I'd be satisfied. It seems I was wrong! I now know what I'd be missing out on ... and I want to do it all again!

I'm not exactly a fan of Adam Lambert, but I was -for the most part- impressed with his performances on 11th and 12th July last year, so I could possibly be heading overseas one year soon to see them again!

So for my own personal reasons, I'd love to see Q+AL do some more live gigs. That said, if it's not AL and is someone else instead, I'd still be keen as mustard to see them!

I remember your posts and how originally you were trying to go to the Sonisphere Knebworth Festival and was able to go to London for Hammersmith instead. You probably traveled the furthest to see that show! I tried to get tickets to see Queen + Adam at the iHeart Radio Music Festival in Vegas but my computer said they were sold out in 3 minutes so I don't know if it would be any easier to get tickets at a future event.

Yep, that was me!
Best thing I've ever done. I will semi-frequently look through my photos and get all excited again that I did it!
I don't know that I travelled the furthest to see the gigs though. When I was in the line outside the Thursday 12th July show (I was in that line for something like 6hrs!!), there were Queen fans who'd come from Argentina. Maybe that's closer to the UK than I'm thinking it is, but it's a long way away regardless!

Like you, I contemplated heading to Las Vegas for the iHeart show, but a) I couldn't afford it, and b) it didn't seem to be a full gig, so I couldn't justify the cost for just a few songs. If money was no object, then I reckon I'd have given it a crack!

agkelly
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:09 am

"‘It still transmits that excitement’: Adam Lambert has helped Queen keep its spark"
December 4, 2013 at 4:40 pm

"Despite their having recently performed with a pair of guest singers, Brian May says the group isn’t out looking for a frontman to replace the departed Freddie Mercury. Fate just keeps stepping in.

First, there was Paul Rodgers, with whom Queen worked from 2005-2009. That partnership grew out of the Fender Strat Pack show in 2004, which found May sitting in with Rodgers on “All Right Now.” Then there was Adam Lambert, who has appeared with May and Roger Taylor ever since. Queen ran into him during a guest shot on the American Idol finale of 2009, where Lambert finished as runner up.

It’s helped ease the way for Queen, after the tragic early passing of the AIDS-stricken Mercury in 1991.

“It’s not easy, and the strange thing is: We don’t really look for singers,” May tells Magic 105.4. “We don’t really try to put Queen back together. But now and again, something will happen. Paul Rodgers and ourselves came together very organically — because I happened to be playing with him. It’s one in hundreds of millions, if you can find someone who can handle those songs.”

Queen put on their first stateside show with Lambert back in September. He goes on to describe Lambert as “extraordinary,” and “a great showman.”

The combination of classic Queen songs and their dynamic new guest singer produced rave reviews.

“I’m proud of what we did — what what we still do,” May adds. “We just did the iHeart Music Festival in Las Vegas, and it was phenomenal. You will get that response. To see a young audience responding the same way people responded at Live Aid, or 1986 in Wembley, or in Tokyo and Argentina, it’s incredible — and I feel fortunate that we whatever we did find, it still works. It still transmits that excitement.”

http://somethingelsereviews.com/2013/12 ... its-spark/
IT'S LATE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
SPREAD YOUR WINGS !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby BitterTears » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:47 pm

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby icy » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:52 am

BitterTears wrote:http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-news/2014/2/27/queen-and-adam-lambert-to-make-announcement-next-week.html

Tour dates incoming?

Dunno for sure right now, but it's getting much attention. I'll wait and see what Brian and Roger will say and/or admin here.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
We Are The Champions

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby RPeura » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:58 am

BitterTears wrote:http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-news/2014/2/27/queen-and-adam-lambert-to-make-announcement-next-week.html

Tour dates incoming?

:onfire: :onfire: :onfire:

It will be a looooong week to wait the announcement!
I Want to Break Free

RPeura
We Will Rock You

Previous

Return to Dear Friends