Queen + Adam Lambert - possible 2014 dates?!?!

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Queen + Adam Lambert - possible 2014 dates?!?!

Postby dazzag1982 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:57 am

Cut of recent interview with Brian for Classic Rock - look's like something might happen

I love your work with Adam Lambert. I’m a big fan of his, and I’m so impressed by his vocal abilities and talent — he’s such a charismatic singer. Can we expect any more touring next year with him?

I would love it to happen. Since we did the iHeartRadio Festival, there’s been a lot of talk and yes, we’re looking at it to see what we could do. I don’t think we want to press the button to do nine months on the road like we used to do, because we did that for so many years, but I think a few choice dates could be great. We’re looking at it, and I certainly hope that we’d be able to come up with a scheme that works. Yeah, we love Adam, we really do. Like you say, he’s the whole deal — he’s an extraordinary singer with an extraordinary instrument. He’s an entertainer, he’s original and he’s a nice guy. That’s very important these days. If you’re going to work with someone, you’ve got to enjoy them as a person and we certainly do.

dazzag1982
Spread Your Wings

Re: Queen + Adam Lambert - possible 2014 dates?!?!

Postby RPeura » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:10 pm

Great, great, great, I certainly buy a ticket :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I Want to Break Free

RPeura
We Will Rock You

Postby AlexKx » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:21 pm

I sure as hell hope so. I also hope that there will be a new studio l.p.! There is no question more music should be done with unreleased Freddie tracks but that should come out after a new studio l.p. with Queen + and a tour for it...that would include U.S. dates.

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby Two sharp pencils » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:38 pm

AlexKx wrote:I sure as hell hope so. I also hope that there will be a new studio l.p.! There is no question more music should be done with unreleased Freddie tracks but that should come out after a new studio l.p. with Queen + and a tour for it...that would include U.S. dates.

From Freddie's most famous song............." no no no no no no no "

Two sharp pencils
The Show Must Go On

Postby Fizzle » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:49 pm

I would be pleased with some US dates, hopefully enough to where I won't have to travel across the country to attend. I long to see Brian & Roger live again.

As for a Q+AL album, I think that would be too much. I'd rather not see Queen + [insert random singer here] albums become a pattern.

Fizzle
The Show Must Go On

Wannabee pseudo Tolkien-esque

Postby voodoogirl » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:02 am

Sure, I'm in. I say that but in all likelihood they probably won't be near me. But maybe..

voodoogirl
The Show Must Go On

Postby AlexKx » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:53 am

My God I hope it becomes a pattern! Jesus yes! And TwoSharpPencils it's actually, "Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!" in the new version of "Bohemian Rhapsody"! Lol! :P :mrgreen:

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Postby Two sharp pencils » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:01 am

AlexKx wrote:My God I hope it becomes a pattern! Jesus yes! And TwoSharpPencils it's actually, "Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!" in the new version of "Bohemian Rhapsody"! Lol! :P :mrgreen:

And that new version will of course be sung by Mr Lambert. :P

Two sharp pencils
The Show Must Go On

Postby icy » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:22 am

Two sharp pencils wrote:
AlexKx wrote:My God I hope it becomes a pattern! Jesus yes! And TwoSharpPencils it's actually, "Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!" in the new version of "Bohemian Rhapsody"! Lol! :P :mrgreen:

And that new version will of course be sung by Mr Lambert. :P

Shush :lol: . This is the point I start singing Don't talk, don't talk :lol: even though I will never sing/speak that like Freddie did for BL :P
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
I Want To Break Free

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby RPeura » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:01 am

voodoogirl wrote:Sure, I'm in. I say that but in all likelihood they probably won't be near me. But maybe..

Surely they won't be near me at all because I'm living in Finland but I'll travel anywhere except Antarctics :? to see and hear them again. It was such a great experience at Hammersmith :)
I Want to Break Free

RPeura
We Will Rock You

Postby Michael Allred » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:41 pm

Fizzle wrote:I would be pleased with some US dates, hopefully enough to where I won't have to travel across the country to attend. I long to see Brian & Roger live again.

As for a Q+AL album, I think that would be too much. I'd rather not see Queen + [insert random singer here] albums become a pattern.

A live DVD/album would be the most likely outcome.
Selling off some of my Queen collection which you can find at http://evilbaby.tripod.com/Queen_Collection_Sale.html please PM me if you are interested in anything.

Michael Allred
We Will Rock You

Postby agkelly » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:02 pm

I flew to London from Australia last year (my first time overseas) to be at the first two Hammersmith gigs. I'd wanted to see Queen (in whatever format they were in) live since I was about 13/14yrs old ... and seeing Brian and Roger performing live, 10m away right there in front of me was the most amazing experience I've had.
I always thought that if I ever saw them live (which was a long shot, given their reluctance to come to Australia), I'd be satisfied. It seems I was wrong! I now know what I'd be missing out on ... and I want to do it all again!

I'm not exactly a fan of Adam Lambert, but I was -for the most part- impressed with his performances on 11th and 12th July last year, so I could possibly be heading overseas one year soon to see them again!

So for my own personal reasons, I'd love to see Q+AL do some more live gigs. That said, if it's not AL and is someone else instead, I'd still be keen as mustard to see them!

agkelly
Spread Your Wings

Postby CNB » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:25 pm

agkelly wrote:I flew to London from Australia last year (my first time overseas) to be at the first two Hammersmith gigs. I'd wanted to see Queen (in whatever format they were in) live since I was about 13/14yrs old ... and seeing Brian and Roger performing live, 10m away right there in front of me was the most amazing experience I've had.
I always thought that if I ever saw them live (which was a long shot, given their reluctance to come to Australia), I'd be satisfied. It seems I was wrong! I now know what I'd be missing out on ... and I want to do it all again!

I'm not exactly a fan of Adam Lambert, but I was -for the most part- impressed with his performances on 11th and 12th July last year, so I could possibly be heading overseas one year soon to see them again!

So for my own personal reasons, I'd love to see Q+AL do some more live gigs. That said, if it's not AL and is someone else instead, I'd still be keen as mustard to see them!

I remember your posts and how originally you were trying to go to the Sonisphere Knebworth Festival and was able to go to London for Hammersmith instead. You probably traveled the furthest to see that show! I tried to get tickets to see Queen + Adam at the iHeart Radio Music Festival in Vegas but my computer said they were sold out in 3 minutes so I don't know if it would be any easier to get tickets at a future event.
I WANT TO BREAK FREE !!!!!
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER !!!!!
THE SHOW MUST GO ON !!!!!

CNB
Somebody To Love

Postby Fizzle » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:47 am

Michael Allred wrote:
Fizzle wrote:I would be pleased with some US dates, hopefully enough to where I won't have to travel across the country to attend. I long to see Brian & Roger live again.

A live DVD/album would be the most likely outcome.

I'd be happy with a live DVD & live album. Just not so much liking the idea of new material for a studio album.

Fizzle
The Show Must Go On

Wannabee pseudo Tolkien-esque

Postby AlexKx » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:18 pm

Oh yeah! Most definitely! A new studio l.p. of original new songs! A follow up of re-recorded Queen classics would be great too! Then they could do the new studio l.p. with Freddie's vocals!

AlexKx
The Show Must Go On

Next

Return to Dear Friends