Ukraine - first ever official release of an opening night

Discuss past Queen+ and related projects and collaborations.

Re: Ukraine - first ever official release of an opening nigh

Postby Kes » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:50 pm

We Believe, an ironic song really, they didn't "believe" enough to play too much of their new album. A bit more belief, and a lot more people might be looking back on the TCR tour in a brighter light.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby Simon » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:23 pm

Kes wrote:We Believe, an ironic song really, they didn't "believe" enough to play too much of their new album. A bit more belief, and a lot more people might be looking back on the TCR tour in a brighter light.

Indeed, even if this thread is very old. I absolutely enjoyed the new songs, with the possible exception of "We Believe" which did not work for me at all in a live situation. Brian singing the first lines only made it worse. It sounded horrible. (In Hannover at least, can't remember if he did that in Rotterdam as well)
"Or you have it, or you don't!"

Simon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby bigV » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:26 pm

Simon wrote:
Kes wrote:We Believe, an ironic song really, they didn't "believe" enough to play too much of their new album. A bit more belief, and a lot more people might be looking back on the TCR tour in a brighter light.

Indeed, even if this thread is very old. I absolutely enjoyed the new songs, with the possible exception of "We Believe" which did not work for me at all in a live situation. Brian singing the first lines only made it worse. It sounded horrible. (In Hannover at least, can't remember if he did that in Rotterdam as well)

"Warboys" and "Voodoo" on the other hand sounded great. "Call Me" might've been a good addition to the set and "Still Burning" was a song so obviously written for a live situation.

V.

bigV
Don't Stop Me Now

Is this the life we really want?

Postby Simon » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:29 pm

I still have my problems with "Still Burning", but Warboys and Voodoo would have been marvellous. Call Me might have been fun in the acoustic set for sure.
Oh damn, all those great ideas for great setlists. And thing is, no matter when they'll tour again. I bet they'll treat this album like Genesis treated Calling all Stations after Ray Wilson: They pretend it never happened.

Simon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby bigV » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:32 pm

Simon wrote:I still have my problems with "Still Burning", but Warboys and Voodoo would have been marvellous. Call Me might have been fun in the acoustic set for sure.
Oh damn, all those great ideas for great setlists. And thing is, no matter when they'll tour again. I bet they'll treat this album like Genesis treated Calling all Stations after Ray Wilson: They pretend it never happened.

As requested...

V.

bigV
Don't Stop Me Now

Is this the life we really want?

Postby Simon » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:42 pm

Cheers! Much appreciated! Gotta love the blues in it.

Simon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby Simon » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:59 pm

Watched "Days of Our Lives" BluRay again and was amazed by the sheer picture quality of the snippets of the concert with Paul Rodgers... I am pretty sure it shows the Ukraine gig... Funny, the DVD doesn't really have a good picture quality, but in HD it looks astounding. I'd buy the BluRay version!

Simon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby eiricd » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:44 pm

Simon wrote:Watched "Days of Our Lives" BluRay again and was amazed by the sheer picture quality of the snippets of the concert with Paul Rodgers... I am pretty sure it shows the Ukraine gig... Funny, the DVD doesn't really have a good picture quality, but in HD it looks astounding. I'd buy the BluRay version!

I'll repeat it to I'm blue in the face; not releasing the QPR gigs on blu ray was a huge mistake

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby BitterTears » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:29 pm

RotC and Ukraine have both been shown on TV in HD. It does seem a shame you can't own them but I guess there's way of watching them if you are desperate.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby eiricd » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:31 pm

BitterTears wrote:RotC and Ukraine have both been shown on TV in HD. It does seem a shame you can't own them but I guess there's way of watching them if you are desperate.

I've seen the HD broadcast of Ukraine. Incomplete, but still, way better than the official release.

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby Simon » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:39 am

It's weird really... However, didn't Universal buy the rights to the QPR gigs as well? If so, I am sure they will at least get a release like the Tribute Concert in terms of just putting the content on a blu-ray without further additions.
(Or did this have nothing to do with Universal? I never understood the sharp distinction between rights for video and rights for audio content.)

Simon
Don't Stop Me Now

Postby eiricd » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:20 pm

Simon wrote:It's weird really... However, didn't Universal buy the rights to the QPR gigs as well? If so, I am sure they will at least get a release like the Tribute Concert in terms of just putting the content on a blu-ray without further additions.
(Or did this have nothing to do with Universal? I never understood the sharp distinction between rights for video and rights for audio content.)

Universal already re-released Return of The Champions. DVD only.....

eiricd
The Show Must Go On

Postby Simon » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:13 pm

eiricd wrote:
Simon wrote:It's weird really... However, didn't Universal buy the rights to the QPR gigs as well? If so, I am sure they will at least get a release like the Tribute Concert in terms of just putting the content on a blu-ray without further additions.

Universal already re-released Return of The Champions. DVD only.....

They did? Missed that. Fuck!

Simon
Don't Stop Me Now

Previous

Return to Dear Friends